ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Adam Schiff announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia
Taco John 08:44 PM 02-08-2019

(CNN)House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.

In a statement, Schiff said the investigation would include a continued probe into Russia's actions during the 2016 election and contacts between the Russia and Trump's team, as well as an examination of "whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates."

Schiff said the investigation, which could involve additional congressional committees, would also look at whether Trump or his associates have "sought to influence US government policy in service of foreign interests" and any potential obstruction into the various investigations.

Schiff's announcement is the most detailed look yet into how congressional Democrats will investigate Trump's finances and possible ties to foreign entities, and how Democrats are sure to continue probing Trump and his team well after special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation had concluded.
Trump reacted Wednesday to Schiff's announcement by slamming the California Democrat and saying Schiff has "no basis to do that."

"He's just a political hack trying to build a name for himself," Trump said in the Roosevelt Room Wednesday after announcing his new nominee to be World Bank president. "It's called presidential harassment and it is unfortunate."

Trump's comments followed his State of the Union speech Tuesday in which he warned Democrats against undertaking "ridiculous partisan investigations."

Schiff responded to Trump's attack on Twitter, saying: "We're going to do our job and won't be distracted or intimidated by threats or attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/polit...m_source=twCNN
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:34 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Very punchable face.

Oh yeah.....Schiff is a punk - no doubt about it.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:35 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Two years overdue. We know for a fact Trump has lied about his dealings in Russia and with whom.
Yeah this is definitely warranted since it could be assumed Mueller didn't think to investigate it.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:39 PM 02-08-2019
Gonna give Trump the Trey Gowdy treatment.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:42 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Yeah this is definitely warranted since it could be assumed Mueller didn't think to investigate it.

Indeed. A team of 75 investigators will be empowered to "check out" the allegation that Donald Trump cheated when he was 11 years old in the Soap Box Derby by adding one drop too many of lube to his rear wheels......charges are expected ASAP.

And this just in - Yet another investigation has begun after an anonymous source came forward to state that "Donald Trump, and an unnamed "co-conspirator", did, when they were both in Elementary School vandalize the lunch room - stealing two cartons of milk".

This shit will never end.....
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:43 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'm not really sure how that works, although there's no guarantee that we'll ever see Mueller's report or that he'll be allowed to finish it.

Don't pretend you're upset about it because you think it is overkill, you're afraid what could come of it. I mean, we know for a fact he's lied about this.
"I've had no dealings with Russia" is a flat-out lie. They were working on potential deals at the very least right up to the election.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:45 PM 02-08-2019
Two years overdue. We know for a fact Trump has lied about his dealings in Russia and with whom.
Oh yeah this time itís a shoe-in.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:50 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Oh yeah this time itís a shoe-in.
I mean, it does take some balls to shout about how unfair an investigation is when the subject has flat-out lied about the matter being investigated.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:55 PM 02-08-2019
I'm not really sure how that works, although there's no guarantee that we'll ever see Mueller's report or that he'll be allowed to finish it.

Don't pretend you're upset about it because you think it is overkill, you're afraid what could come of it. I mean, we know for a fact he's lied about this.
"I've had no dealings with Russia" is a flat-out lie. They were working on potential deals at the very least right up to the election.
I'm not afraid of anything. What's obvious is you and Schiff are afraid of what Mueller didn't find. The result of that is Schiff running ongoing investigations for political points. Like Mueller didn't think to investigate this path and Schiff will find something he couldn't.

The entire thing is laughable.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:56 PM 02-08-2019
Wait a minute.....This just breaking.....It has been confirmed....an Investigation into Donald Trump and the allegation that, at age 5, he did, attempt to buy a "sno-cone" using Monopoly money - thinking the play money was, indeed, real. If this is true, it would be safe to assume that articles of impeachment will be forthcoming from the Left as early as Monday....stay tuned.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:57 PM 02-08-2019
I mean, it does take some balls to shout about how unfair an investigation is when the subject has flat-out lied about the matter being investigated.
So Mueller is a big pushover, but Schiff is a badass that is going to get things done to the approval of the left. Noted.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:12 PM 02-08-2019
Don't pretend you're upset about it because you think it is overkill, you're afraid what could come of it.
Not even a little bit. Zero concerns about a partisan investigation that puts an unhinged gay congressmen in the American spotlight to get his fifteen. Take 20, bud - knock yerself out.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:13 PM 02-08-2019
I'll bet Donger is on board.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:16 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Not even a little bit. Zero concerns about a partisan investigation that puts an unhinged gay congressmen in the American spotlight to get his fifteen. Take 20, bud - knock yerself out.
So you've decided Schiff is gay, huh?
Yeah, HE'S unhinged.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:44 PM 02-08-2019
So you've decided Schiff is gay, huh?
Yeah, HE'S unhinged.
Is he not openly gay? This is news to me if he's not.

If he's not openly gay and living it authentically, that's his choice. It makes no difference to me either way.
[Reply]
Cosmos 10:52 PM 02-08-2019
You elected a criminal and gave him 2+ years.

Time to come back to reality and face justice.

Enjoy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up