ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Adam Schiff announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia
Taco John 08:44 PM 02-08-2019

(CNN)House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.

In a statement, Schiff said the investigation would include a continued probe into Russia's actions during the 2016 election and contacts between the Russia and Trump's team, as well as an examination of "whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates."

Schiff said the investigation, which could involve additional congressional committees, would also look at whether Trump or his associates have "sought to influence US government policy in service of foreign interests" and any potential obstruction into the various investigations.

Schiff's announcement is the most detailed look yet into how congressional Democrats will investigate Trump's finances and possible ties to foreign entities, and how Democrats are sure to continue probing Trump and his team well after special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation had concluded.
Trump reacted Wednesday to Schiff's announcement by slamming the California Democrat and saying Schiff has "no basis to do that."

"He's just a political hack trying to build a name for himself," Trump said in the Roosevelt Room Wednesday after announcing his new nominee to be World Bank president. "It's called presidential harassment and it is unfortunate."

Trump's comments followed his State of the Union speech Tuesday in which he warned Democrats against undertaking "ridiculous partisan investigations."

Schiff responded to Trump's attack on Twitter, saying: "We're going to do our job and won't be distracted or intimidated by threats or attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/polit...m_source=twCNN
[Reply]
patteeu 04:43 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Yes, his frequent lies about them. And if not crimes, conflicts of interest and self-dealing that americans should know about.
Haha, no, I mean a reason that provides an adequate predicate for an investigation.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:18 PM 02-10-2019
Can't wait to see Trump go scorched earth on these people

Push the boundaries of every presidential power and pull every lever of government... think the MAD theory for war with Russia
[Reply]
seamonster 05:39 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
I was taking issue with the 'thousands of people burned alive' part.
Taking issue?

Image result for camp fire burn victims

Care to guess how many people like this there may have been from that "camp fire"? I'd say there were more than a thousand serious burn victims and over 30 bodies burned to the point where there was no identifiable corpse. Some of the footage of drivers escaping this shit was straight out of a fire-bombing. But let's all get triggered by Trump
[Reply]
Donger 06:00 PM 02-10-2019
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Taking issue?

Image result for camp fire burn victims

Care to guess how many people like this there may have been from that "camp fire"? I'd say there were more than a thousand serious burn victims and over 30 bodies burned to the point where there was no identifiable corpse. Some of the footage of drivers escaping this shit was straight out of a fire-bombing. But let's all get triggered by Trump
Yes, taking issue.

The Camp Fire caused 85 deaths. I don't need to guess.

I'm not triggered at all. I'm not the one making things up to try to score political points. You are.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:52 AM 02-11-2019
This just in: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced early this morning that investigators have found that Donald Trump did, in 1957, pull the hair of a young classmate while at recess at Chester A. Arthur Elementary School, in New Jersey.

According to Schiff "This proves that Donald Trump has a long history of bullying" and should be removed from Office immediately.

Schiff has intimated that his staff of investigators will be looking into allegations that Trump did, in fact, push a classmate out of the way in order to get to a drinking fountain immediately after a P.E. Class in Middle School.

Indeed, the charges against Donald Trump are beginning to add up.........
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:54 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
This just in: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced early this morning that investigators have found that Donald Trump did, in 1957, pull the hair of a young classmate while at recess at Chester A. Arthur Elementary School, in New Jersey.

According to Schiff "This proves that Donald Trump has a long history of bullying" and should be removed from Office immediately.

Schiff has intimated that his staff of investigators will be looking into allegations that Trump did, in fact, push a classmate out of the way in order to get to a drinking fountain immediately after a P.E. Class in Middle School.

Indeed, the charges against Donald Trump are beginning to add up.........
Swing and a miss...
Try harder
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:09 AM 02-11-2019
Swing and a miss...
Try harder

So, I take it that you aren't happy with people making fun of your ridiculous "leaders"....

Tough shit.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:22 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
So, I take it that you aren't happy with people making fun of your ridiculous "leaders"....

Tough shit.
I prefer stuff that's clever and funny. Not some ridiculous nonsense by a triggered old grump who can't accept that Trump's own words, his confirmed lies, and his shady behavior has invited all these investigations, which up until now have been initiated by his own party.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:26 AM 02-11-2019
I prefer stuff that's clever and funny. Not some ridiculous nonsense by a triggered old grump who can't accept that Trump's own words, his confirmed lies, and his shady behavior has invited all these investigations, which up until now have been initiated by his own party.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:05 AM 02-11-2019
You:

[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:16 AM 02-11-2019
Breaking News!! House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff Announced today that a multi-prong investigation by both his 70 investigators, the FBI and the NSA were being called to investigate claims that Donald Trump did, in 1978, fart in an elevator and did cause the elevator doors to remain closed after he left.

Witnesses on the scene described the carnage - "It was horrible" stated Buster Hymen, "Absolutely horrible!" People were running everywhere, screaming, falling over each other....it was chaos.

According to Schiff "If this is true (and we know it is), Trump WILL face immediate impeachment proceedings. Disgusting....Schiff placed the cost estimate of the ongoing investigation at 14 million dollars.

Stay tuned for more Odiferous details........
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 02-11-2019
Still on the Russia thing, huh?

I mean surely this time it will stick. :-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:24 PM 02-11-2019

[Reply]
Pennywise 12:27 PM 02-11-2019
Good thing for Schitt that Lindsey Graham has promised a 'deep dive' by the Senate into the FISA abuses. That should clear some Russia stuff up.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:44 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
Good thing for Schitt that Lindsey Graham has promised a 'deep dive' by the Senate into the FISA abuses. That should clear some Russia stuff up.
And show us UK meddling.

I'll bet our resident Tory has no problem with that.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up