ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Adam Schiff announces sweeping investigation into Trump's finances and Russia
Taco John 08:44 PM 02-08-2019

(CNN)House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff announced Wednesday a broad investigation his committee would undertake "beyond Russia" into whether President Donald Trump's financial interests are driving his actions.

Schiff said the investigation would "allow us to investigate any credible allegation that financial interests or other interests are driving decision-making of the President or anyone in the administration."

"That pertains to any credible allegations of leverage by the Russians or the Saudis or anyone else," Schiff told reporters after the House Intelligence Committee's first meeting in the new Congress.

In a statement, Schiff said the investigation would include a continued probe into Russia's actions during the 2016 election and contacts between the Russia and Trump's team, as well as an examination of "whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates."

Schiff said the investigation, which could involve additional congressional committees, would also look at whether Trump or his associates have "sought to influence US government policy in service of foreign interests" and any potential obstruction into the various investigations.

Schiff's announcement is the most detailed look yet into how congressional Democrats will investigate Trump's finances and possible ties to foreign entities, and how Democrats are sure to continue probing Trump and his team well after special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation had concluded.
Trump reacted Wednesday to Schiff's announcement by slamming the California Democrat and saying Schiff has "no basis to do that."

"He's just a political hack trying to build a name for himself," Trump said in the Roosevelt Room Wednesday after announcing his new nominee to be World Bank president. "It's called presidential harassment and it is unfortunate."

Trump's comments followed his State of the Union speech Tuesday in which he warned Democrats against undertaking "ridiculous partisan investigations."

Schiff responded to Trump's attack on Twitter, saying: "We're going to do our job and won't be distracted or intimidated by threats or attacks.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/polit...m_source=twCNN
[Reply]
patteeu 04:48 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
True, he was running an investigation into shady real estate deals. And ended up with perjury (a process crime).

You really think that makes a significant distinction?
As I explained to you before, counterintelligence investigations donít involve the same safeguards and restrictions involved in criminal investigations. Using the former to bypass the restrictions in the latter is my issue. That issue isnít present in the Starr investigation.
[Reply]
Donger 04:49 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Iím not at all interested in the appointment letter.
That's... convenient?
[Reply]
Donger 04:50 PM 02-09-2019
As I explained to you before, counterintelligence investigations donít involve the same safeguards and restrictions involved in criminal investigations. Using the former to bypass the restrictions in the latter is my issue. That issue isnít present in the Starr investigation.
Well, now you are on record as saying that you have been consistent. That ancillary crimes or other naughty matters that come to light during the course of an investigation not related to the stated task should be ignored.

Right?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:52 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
A North American?
Were you born in the US?
why do you care
[Reply]
patteeu 04:59 PM 02-09-2019
That's... convenient?
Irrelevant is the word you're looking for (or should be). That letter has nothing to do with what I'm talking about (i.e. what should be, not what is).

It seems well established that you're content to defer to the letter as if the way things are being done is necessarily the way things ought to be done.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:00 PM 02-09-2019
Well, now you are on record as saying that you have been consistent. That ancillary crimes or other naughty matters that come to light during the course of an investigation not related to the stated task should be ignored.

Right?
In the ways that I described, yes.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:13 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
why do you care
:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 05:25 PM 02-09-2019
Just like the nuclear option Democrats will pay
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:25 PM 02-09-2019
Dems rightfully despised tactics like this when used against Clinton, and I stood with them

But now they love it, piece of shit hypocrites
[Reply]
Donger 05:28 PM 02-09-2019
In the ways that I described, yes.
But you agreed with Clinton's impeachment over perjury. Perjury which had nothing to do with shady real estate deals (Starr's primary task)?
[Reply]
patteeu 05:29 PM 02-09-2019
But you agreed with Clinton's impeachment over perjury. Perjury which had nothing to do with shady real estate deals (Starr's primary task)?
That wasn't a counterintelligence investigation was it?
[Reply]
Donger 05:39 PM 02-09-2019
That wasn't a counterintelligence investigation was it?
No, but it was an investigation by a special prosecutor. Why do you think that matters?

Why are you fine with one ignoring other matters/crimes, and not the other?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:45 PM 02-09-2019
Were you born in America Donger?
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:08 PM 02-09-2019
I don't know where anyone was born, but I'm confident that rodeopants and Cosmo originated in an anus.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:11 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
why do you care
Yep. Thatís what I thought. I can tell by your wording.
In what country were you born? Do you live in the US now?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up