ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>McCain legacy lives on...
Pogue 03:17 PM 02-08-2019
I’d laugh but JFC...

Originally Posted by :
PHOENIX (AP) — Cindy McCain has apologized after she claimed she stopped a case of human trafficking at the Phoenix airport when she reported a toddler with a woman of a different ethnicity and “something didn’t click.” Police said they investigated but there was no evidence of a crime.

The incident draws attention to the suspicion that parents, relatives, nannies and others face when they travel with children who don’t look like them. That it happened to McCain, who adopted a daughter from Bangladesh and is recognized globally as an advocate for ending human trafficking, illustrates the challenge of being vigilant without triggering concerns about racial bias.
https://apnews.com/58cdae5622d841db963254589f7b5855
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:18 PM 02-08-2019
See something, say something?
[Reply]
Pogue 03:20 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by :
“I came in from a trip I’d been on,” McCain said on Phoenix radio station KTAR. “I spotted — it looked odd — it was a woman of a different ethnicity than the child, this little toddler she had. Something didn’t click with me. I tell people ‘trust your gut.’ I went over to the police and I told them what I thought, and they went over and questioned her, and by God she was trafficking that kid.”

She went on to say the woman “was waiting for the guy who bought the child to get off an airplane.”

Phoenix Police Sgt. Armando Carbajal confirmed McCain requested a welfare check on a child at the airport on Jan. 30, but said “officers determined there was no evidence of criminal conduct or child endangerment.”
:-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:27 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
As always, the lesson to be learned is

See something. Mind your own fucking business.
[Reply]
Pogue 03:46 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Cindy McLame claimed she stopped trafficking, authorities say there was nothing wrong.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:59 PM 02-08-2019
In fairness, when I flew this week their is a public service message playing at the airport about human trafficking and if you see something say something. Most folks should appreciate and understand if they don't have a typical family.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:09 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Most folks should appreciate and understand if they don't have a typical family.
Bullshit. What kind of warped thinking brought you to that insane conclusion?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:26 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Bullshit. What kind of warped thinking brought you to that insane conclusion?
I know. A little inconvenience to possibly save a child. I'm sorry that may be racist.
[Reply]
Pogue 04:30 PM 02-08-2019
I know. A little inconvenience to possibly save a child. I'm sorry that may be racist.
May be racist?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:34 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
May be racist?
Meaning it has equipotential to be racist or not.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:35 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
May be racist?

It was sarcasm. Human trafficking can happen in a lot of mixed race language situation. It's selfish if you don't fit the description and have to verify ya child is yours. This coming from someone who had an adopted sister of a different race.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:38 PM 02-08-2019
Is she the fat girl with the monster hoots?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:39 PM 02-08-2019
Much ado about nothing. We should have a national declaration that EVERYONE is a racist. Then everyone can shut the fuck up and do something productive.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:39 PM 02-08-2019
It was sarcasm. Human trafficking can happen in a lot of mixed race language situation. It's selfish if you don't fit the description and have to verify ya child is yours. This coming from someone who had an adopted sister of a different race.
Maybe we could just have people sign up for an "I'm not stealing the darkies/honkies" card program? Would that be good enough for you, or do we have to go through time after time of being stopped for nothing other than general appearance?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:40 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Much ado about nothing. We should have a national declaration that EVERYONE is a racist. Then everyone can shut the **** up and do something productive.
That’s my argument.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up