Page 9 of 37
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>AOC Green Deal: She is RETARDED
BleedingRed 12:38 PM 02-07-2019
https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/medi...n-new-deal-faq

[Reply]
Easy 6 10:54 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Do us all a favor....and go pop an extra 3-4 Oxy's, man--no make it 10. DO IT... ...it's painless...

The gene pool will thank you... :-)
I'm genuinely embarrassed for you, Kotter

Get well soon
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 10:58 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm genuinely embarrassed for you, Kotter

Get well soon
If you want to harp on imagined drunkedness....i can dream, man. Do it....do it....DO IT....DO IT...

The world would be a better place...
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:12 PM 02-07-2019
If you want to harp on imagined drunkedness....i can dream, man. Do it....do it....DO IT....DO IT...

The world would be a better place...
Ok sure I will, just give me your keys and go sleep it off
[Reply]
Taco John 01:15 AM 02-08-2019
Do us all a favor....and go pop an extra 3-4 Oxy's, man--no make it 10. DO IT... ...it's painless...

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits." Matthew 7:16
[Reply]
NewChief 03:25 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
NewChief going full on militant has been a real eye opener, always thought he was one of the most reasonable people here

His whole online persona has done a complete 180, the fault lines have really been exposed lately
For real? That’s so interesting. In my personal life, I’ve become about 10 times as moderate and far more conservative. My reactions to Trump seem far milder, to me, than how I felt about the Iraq/Afghan War and the Bush regime back in the day. I was huge into reading Salon and Think Progress and all that far Left media back then and constantly posted stuff from them. As Obama progressed, I became more disillusioned with the Left and pretty much centrist in some ways with a core value of economic leftism and environmentalism. That’s when I hardly posted in here anymore as I had no real dog in the fight and didn't feel either party really represented something worth fighting about.

It’s really strange to hear that my online persona seems MORE liberal or leftist or extreme or militant. My observations in this thread have basically been intended as apolitical armchair quarterbacking in that I feel we’ve moved into an age where extremism is the winning solution and Trump and AOC are both examples of that. I don’t know how that’s such a hot take that it makes me seem radical or militant.

Maybe you can explain?

Maybe the difference is that I dislike Trump so much on a personal level and find him so embarrassing as a leader of our country that it comes across as militancy. That really has nothing to do with his policies, though. It's him AS A PERSON and the constant insanity that he posts on his twitter and the constant lies that he intentionally spouts that I dislike. That has really nothing to do with his politics, though. In all honesty, I'm not even sure what Trump believes politically (and I'm not sure that he does either).
[Reply]
NewChief 03:30 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'd like to know what in Trump's platform is just as ridiculous as the green deal.
I think the entire notion of an actual physical wall spanning our southern border is equally ridiculous to many people.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:24 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I think the entire notion of an actual physical wall spanning our southern border is equally ridiculous to many people.
It wasn't until your masters told you it was. Not that long ago Dems were on board. Until Trump anyway. Anything he wants they are staunchly opposed regardless of prior position.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:27 AM 02-08-2019
On the record, do you actually think the feasibility of one very long wall is comparable?

The wall seems, logistically, similar to the interstate highways or some of our bigger dams. You may not agree with the symbology, but it's feasible and relatively affordable.

Compare that to turning our back on our knowledge of thermodynamics, internal combustion, nutrition, aerospace tech, etc., not to mention wholesale replacement of our ENTIRE infrastructure and erasure of any concept of individuality or even regionality.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:32 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
On the record, do you actually think the feasibility of one very long wall is comparable?

The wall seems, logistically, similar to the interstate highways or some of our bigger dams. You may not agree with the symbology, but it's feasible and relatively affordable.

Compare that to turning our back on our knowledge of thermodynamics, internal combustion, nutrition, aerospace tech, etc., not to mention wholesale replacement of our ENTIRE infrastructure and erasure of any concept of individuality or even regionality.
The wall is more feasible than AOCís platform, but depending on your perspective, it can be equally ridiculous, ineffective or offensive.

I guess my point is that people were pointing and laughing at Trump and think c how ridiculous his presidency was and how ridiculous of a candidate he was.... right up until he got elected.

Seeing as we seems to be on a pendulum ride of elections where each cycle creates a greater and opposite reaction, I could totally see AOC getting elected (and Iím not saying thatís a good thing).
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:59 AM 02-08-2019
The wall is more feasible than AOCís platform, but depending on your perspective, it can be equally ridiculous, ineffective or offensive.

I guess my point is that people were pointing and laughing at Trump and think c how ridiculous his presidency was and how ridiculous of a candidate he was.... right up until he got elected.

Seeing as we seems to be on a pendulum ride of elections where each cycle creates a greater and opposite reaction, I could totally see AOC getting elected (and Iím not saying thatís a good thing).
I am well aware that, from the right perspective, anything and everything can be wonderful or ridiculous.

That's not really illuminating.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:40 AM 02-08-2019

^^^^^^classy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:54 AM 02-08-2019
For real? That’s so interesting.

Maybe you can explain?

Maybe the difference is that I dislike Trump so much on a personal level
I think this snippet encapsulates the nugget surrounding a perception of a change in your posting style.

I didn't remark on it [until now], but many times I toyed with a pointed observation about the apparently purposeful removal of 'loving liberal' from your byline.

You might not be more liberal or less conservative in your issue assessments, but you've taken on a salty edge. And that's fine. You're far from the most egregious [obv]. But it is noticeable and a little dismaying in a 'if we've lost Cronkite' sense.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:16 AM 02-08-2019
I think this snippet encapsulates the nugget surrounding a perception of a change in your posting style.

I didn't remark on it [until now], but many times I toyed with a pointed observation about the apparently purposeful removal of 'loving liberal' from your byline.

You might not be more liberal or less conservative in your issue assessments, but you've taken on a salty edge. And that's fine. You're far from the most egregious [obv]. But it is noticeable and a little dismaying in a 'if we've lost Cronkite' sense.
You're being kind, but he's an admitted "elitist".

same as it ever was...:-)
[Reply]
notorious 02-08-2019, 07:25 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
NewChief 07:29 AM 02-08-2019

That's fair. The removal of "loving liberal" was more to remove the liberal than the loving, hah. The loving was always intended to be a little TIC, because at that time there was lots of talk about "hateful liberals" on the board.

Anyway, I confess to probably more snarky shitposting in the last year or so vs. any attempt at authentic dialog or debate, just because this place (and really our world) doesn't really seem to lend itself to authentic debate and attempts to see other viewpoints any longer.

I do still enjoy coming in here and reading various people's takes on things, because I think it does help to combat the "daily me" that we all are subjected to thanks to new media. But I'm pretty much only inspired to post something if I'm either
a) annoyed enough to respond to something
b) think I have something funny/witty to add
c) think I have a fresh take on something

So yeah... that doesn't leave me actually posting very often, and the posts I do make are probably, as a whole, more strident or angry than what I'm generally feeling on a day to day basis. I'm just not obsessed with politics like I once was. I guess raising kids and focusing on family/career does that.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:32 AM 02-08-2019
I guess raising kids and focusing on family/career does that.
:-)

I don't spend much time on "politics" outside of CP
[Reply]
Page 9 of 37
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up