ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you support Trump's call for federally funded paid pregnancy leave?
Yes 13 23.64%
No 34 61.82%
Maybe 4 7.27%
I don't believe he will actually try to get it passed 3 5.45%
Other 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Do you support Trump's call for federally funded paid pregnancy leave?
NinerDoug 11:47 AM 02-06-2019
Poll coming.

https://www.benefitnews.com/news/tru...n-sotu-address

"I am also proud to be the first president to include in my budget a plan for nationwide paid family leave — so that every new parent has the chance to bond with their newborn child,” Trump said.
[Reply]
luv 09:36 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You do have to pay for it, via your health insurance premiums
Explain.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:38 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Federally funded? No.
Agreed,

However I am ok with the Government allowing for a credit or tax exemption on that employees pay during said leave.
[Reply]
eDave 10:51 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Agreed,

However I am ok with the Government allowing for a credit or tax exemption on that employees pay during said leave.
There we go.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:57 AM 02-08-2019
Trump is throwing the left a bone...what he doesn't understand, as well as every other conservative politician in DC, is that giving the left something you'd think they'd appreciate will garner him nothing...except more criticism.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:36 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Agreed,

However I am ok with the Government allowing for a credit or tax exemption on that employees pay during said leave.
Democrats: "No more tax cuts for the rich! What about people who don't pay any taxes? They need a refund check for that amount!"
[Reply]
Katipan 11:40 AM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Explain.
Your current rates are based off of; amongst other things, how much money was spent on the group last year.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:02 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Trump is throwing the left a bone...what he doesn't understand, as well as every other conservative politician in DC, is that giving the left something you'd think they'd appreciate will garner him nothing...except more criticism.
He really is showing that he is no politician. He will never gain the liberal's vote, but with stunts like this, he very well could lose the conservatives vote. He's gonna have to pick one side of the fence or the other, IMO.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:47 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
At first blush I'm saying no, because I think it would be onerous for small businesses. However, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea. A government program that encourages productive, well-educated, working people to reproduce would probably be a good thing for the declining birth rates among those groups.

Eventually you could see the European problems of their welfare states running out of other people's money to spend manifesting themselves here, in part because birth rates have declined there for a long time and replaced by migration, which doesn't produce the kind of labor productivity needed to keep the system running.
This is exactly correct.


As Ronnie Raygun used to opine: “If you want more of something, subsidize it. If you want less, tax it”. If we want more high caliber wombs producing children (and who doesn’t?), it will need to be subsidized.


With respect to Europe they’ve tried some of these natalist ideas, with discouraging results. But it’s early in the 3rd inning.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:52 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
This is exactly correct.


As Ronnie Raygun used to opine: “If you want more of something, subsidize it. If you want less, tax it”. If we want more high caliber wombs producing children (and who doesn’t?), it will need to be subsidized.


With respect to Europe they’ve tried some of these natalist ideas, with discouraging results. But it’s early in the 3rd inning.
"High caliber wombs"

:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:32 PM 02-08-2019
What’s funny about that?


You don’t think every woman is the same quality. No way do you believe that.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:43 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
What’s funny about that?


You don’t think every woman is the same quality. No way do you believe that.
Well, I suppose some wombs are better at producing healthy, live babies than other wombs.

I just thought that use of the word "caliber" with a womb was funny. Like the womb is a weapon that shoots out babies. Maybe even rapid fire.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:46 PM 02-08-2019
Is there a premium paid if it’s a fetus of European descent?
[Reply]
luv 02:25 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Your current rates are based off of; amongst other things, how much money was spent on the group last year.
That explains the cost of prenatal care and birth. It does not explain leave.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:01 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Well, I suppose some wombs are better at producing healthy, live babies than other wombs.

I just thought that use of the word "caliber" with a womb was funny. Like the womb is a weapon that shoots out babies. Maybe even rapid fire.
I didn’t know what would be controversial about it. Everyone tries to find the highest caliber person to mate with. The best they can do. Nobody downgrades, at least not intentionally. Evolution won’t allow it.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:24 PM 02-08-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I didn’t know what would be controversial about it. Everyone tries to find the highest caliber person to mate with. The best they can do. Nobody downgrades, at least not intentionally. Evolution won’t allow it.
High caliber wombs.


That was what I found funny.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up