ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you support Trump's call for federally funded paid pregnancy leave?
Yes 13 23.64%
No 34 61.82%
Maybe 4 7.27%
I don't believe he will actually try to get it passed 3 5.45%
Other 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Do you support Trump's call for federally funded paid pregnancy leave?
NinerDoug 11:47 AM 02-06-2019
Poll coming.

https://www.benefitnews.com/news/tru...n-sotu-address

"I am also proud to be the first president to include in my budget a plan for nationwide paid family leave — so that every new parent has the chance to bond with their newborn child,” Trump said.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:09 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Then you might as well get your ass back to work and quit expecting to freeload on my dime.
Lol^

You let in 36 million Mexicans into your country, who are a net drain on middle class taxpayers, and NOW you wanna cry about “free loaders”? Son, that’s ship already done set sail.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:10 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Why the **** should it extend to anybody?
Why does squirting out a kid entitle someone to some of my money?
Yeah, this is kind of where I am at.

I think this proposal is a gesture to lefties.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:11 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Lol^

You let in 36 million Mexicans into your country, who are a net drain on middle class taxpayers, and NOW you wanna cry about “free loaders”? Son, that’s ship already done set sail.
I didn't let anyone in. We can spend that free loading pregnancy leave money on a damn wall.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 12:11 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
No. The American taxpayer should not be paying people to shit out kids. End of story. Anybody that is still under the belief that Trump is a conservative, here's a prime example. This is ridiculous :-)
Trump does not see the world through an idealogical lens. He has positions all over the political spectrum. I am on record during the primaries of saying we couldn't trust what we were going to get from him if elected. He actually has been more of a pleasant surprise than I hoped for. But there are still issues like this that drive me mad.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:12 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, this is kind of where I am at.

I think this proposal is a gesture to lefties.
It’s the most radically pro-white, pro-right wing position any politician can take.

You just don’t realize it.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:13 PM 02-06-2019
No to Dads getting to stay home unless its without pay and only if they are not essential to employers business. Employers should have the right to reassign the employee when they return.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:19 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Who's ever thought that Trump is a strict social conservative, though?
Oh, you still see it from time to time. Here especially. The R behind his name translates to conservative for many. I was never under that illusion and have been very vocal about it, but some have.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:21 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
"I sure would like a vacation. I know, I'll have a kid."
Boy would that be a terrible plan
[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:22 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
No to Dads getting to stay home unless its without pay and only if they are not essential to employers business. Employers should have the right to reassign the employee when they return.
I am ok with that. First off, people who cannot afford to miss a couple of paychecks really shouldn't be encouraged to make babies. Also, at the end of the day, it simply ain't the taxpayers responsibility.

Depends on the length of time before I would agree with the rest of your post.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:22 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
He said it would be federally funded. I.e., paid for by the tax payers. So it wouldn't have any effect on small businesses, other than actually being a benefit to them, if they already offer paid pregnancy leave.
What Trump (or any politician for that matter) says is not always reflective of enacted policies.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 12:29 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
What Trump (or any politician for that matter) says is not always reflective of enacted policies.
What Trump says is not always reflective of reality.
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:32 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It’s the most radically pro-white, pro-right wing position any politician can take.

You just don’t realize it.
You are right, I don't. Please elaborate.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:37 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
You are right, I don't. Please elaborate.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and take a guess as to his theory:

White people have babies when they can afford them.

Brown people have babies regardless of whether or not they can afford them.

If you subsidize white people having babies, there will be more white babies. The number of brown babies, on the other hand, will be constant, because brown people don't care about whether or not they can afford them. They just have them anyway.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:43 PM 02-06-2019
No.

This would just be another govt handout program that would get abused by people who probably have no business having children.

We already have too much of that as it is. Trump can't brag about getting people off of food stamps more than any previous POTUS and then roll out a program like this. Fuck that mess.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:53 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and take a guess as to his theory:

White people have babies when they can afford them.

Brown people have babies regardless of whether or not they can afford them.

If you subsidize white people having babies, there will be more white babies. The number of brown babies, on the other hand, will be constant, because brown people don't care about whether or not they can afford them. They just have them anyway.
That’s all true of course but you missed the main benefit: no immigration. When Steve King says “you can’t maintain your civilization with other people’s babies”, it’s an obvious truism. We can’t. (If you want to create a new civilization that’s another topic entirely. The Left wants to do that.)

We’ve fallen below replacement birth rates. It’s a major argument open borders buttholes use. Natalist policies to get us back to square one will mitigate a lot of that.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up