ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Fox News Poll: 54% of Republicans, 70% of all voters support raising taxes on $10m+
EmojiMania 05:14 PM 02-01-2019
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...estic-spending

Overall voters:

Republicans in particular:

Originally Posted by :
Republicans are less sure where the sweet spot is for tax hikes. A majority of 59 percent opposes tax hikes on incomes over $250,000, while a 54 percent majority favors increases on incomes over $10 million. For incomes over $1 million, GOP views split: 47 favor vs. 43 oppose.
Sounds like AOC's ideas are more popular in your party than any of you care to admit!
:-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:21 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Hey asshole, she's wearing a fitbit. That proves that at the very least she walks to the bathroom.
:-)

I just happened on that article and I swore it was from the Onion...
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:27 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The point wasn't that they're not paying any taxes period. The point is that they are holding money in other countries purely for tax advantages. They are gaming American tax law that allows them to defer tax liability into an indefinite deferment. Let's be real... The main intent is to dodge American taxes. In some cases its choosing foreign production instead of keeping workers in the US. In other cases, it's not Germany because they're producing in germany. It's using creative accounting to justify that they've done lots of business in the cayman or Bahamas. So yes, in many cases, they are essentially dodging American tax and paying no foreign tax.

You have no understanding of business accounting or the tax code. It must frustrate you no end. And you have even less understanding of foreign tax.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:22 PM 02-04-2019
Poles ?:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:49 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
You have no understanding of business accounting or the tax code. It must frustrate you no end. And you have even less understanding of foreign tax.
If ignorance is bliss, then yes I must be frustrated.

If you don't think abuse of offshore tax havens and shell companies isn't even remotely an issue, then you're a bigger apologist than I thought.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:59 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
With SNAP and free and reduced breakfast and lunch for students, there seems to be ample food benefits for poor citizens. Who uses the food bank? I could see transitional folks using it, but unless you misspend your SNAP funds, you should have ample food for a family.

I found this article amazing, with the pics. Not trying to pick on anyone, but come on...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...skipping-meals
I'm not going to pretend to understand the choices you'd have to make. Despite the stereotypes, it's not choosing between iPhones and an Xbox. Between rising housing prices and cost of living, it's sometimes choosing between a meal and rent or a car to get you to work or a cheap roof over your head. I've met people who earned steady working class income, then lost a job for longer than they expected, and had to sell their house. Others struggling through medical bills. Biggest thing I've learned is that poverty is deeper than just homelessness. It also includes families that are one paycheck away from losing everything. Incidentally... the goal shouldn't be to create more dependence on govt benefits to keep people away from the poverty line. It should be creating conditions where they need to rely less on govt. Which is why I care deeply about the issue. The poor doing better is great for everybody, and if we can do that while needing less govt, then super.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:09 PM 02-04-2019
I'm not going to pretend to understand the choices you'd have to make. Despite the stereotypes, it's not choosing between iPhones and an Xbox. Between rising housing prices and cost of living, it's sometimes choosing between a meal and rent or a car to get you to work or a cheap roof over your head. I've met people who earned steady working class income, then lost a job for longer than they expected, and had to sell their house. Others struggling through medical bills. Biggest thing I've learned is that poverty is deeper than just homelessness. It also includes families that are one paycheck away from losing everything. Incidentally... the goal shouldn't be to create more dependence on govt benefits to keep people away from the poverty line. It should be creating conditions where they need to rely less on govt. Which is why I care deeply about the issue. The poor doing better is great for everybody, and if we can do that while needing less govt, then super.
A large percentage of those problems could be solved by implementing mandatory financial ed courses in high school. Many people of good resolve were never taught how to save first and spend what's left other than the other way around.
Not bad people, not lazy people, just people. A basic understanding of how to not live paycheck to paycheck instilled early on would go a long long way to eliminating needless financial hardship.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:48 PM 02-04-2019
If ignorance is bliss, then yes I must be frustrated.

If you don't think abuse of offshore tax havens and shell companies isn't even remotely an issue, then you're a bigger apologist than I thought.
Or perhaps you need to do more study and less preaching?
[Reply]
EmojiMania 10:35 PM 02-04-2019
Oh hi everyone, I see there's been some remarkably dumb takes in this thread while I was gone!

Originally Posted by New World Order:
To begin with, the wealth tax is nothing new.
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Ridiculous argument above... the top 1% pay more than the bottom 90% combined in taxes. Now the left wants to tax their wealth, which has already been taxed, on an annual basis. This won't crush the economy at all...:-)
The policy AOC proposed is not a wealth tax. It is a new income tax bracket of 70% for income above $10 million. You're thinking of Elizabeth Warren's wealth tax, haven't seen any polls about that yet.

Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
So in essence, work hard and succeed, and we will cut your hands off? Punish people because they were smart enough to play the game and win? Unless I am misunderstanding this, sign me up as a no thanks. :-)
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

37% tax bracket, to Over Yonder: free market capitalism, fine, no problems at all
70% tax bracket, to Over Yonder: equivalent to cutting hands off, severe punishment because you were smart

:-):-):-):-):-):-)

The super rich and the super poor both benefit a shitload off the government. I would even argue the super poor benefit much, much more.
The super rich are super rich because of structures and legal entities like corporations that the government has created for their benefit. I'm pretty sure the people who have a selection of yachts to spend time on have benefited a lot more from the government giving them these structures than poor mother****ers who get food stamps. Your argument is really, really ****ing stupid :-):-):-):-):-)

You will take from someone well off but you offer none of your excess to anyone. And You sneer at the tax structure while saving every receipt to deduct from your taxes and crave new breaks for yourself.
Nope. I routinely vote to raise taxes on me and others like me. So it's not a shocker that the resident dumbshits here...

Originally Posted by Trivers:
/thread! :-):-):-)
+1
...love this post which is centered on a lie :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:53 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by EmojiMania:
Oh hi everyone, I see there's been some remarkably dumb takes in this thread while I was gone!

The policy AOC proposed is not a wealth tax. It is a new income tax bracket of 70% for income above $10 million. You're thinking of Elizabeth Warren's wealth tax, haven't seen any polls about that yet.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

37% tax bracket, to Over Yonder: free market capitalism, fine, no problems at all
70% tax bracket, to Over Yonder: equivalent to cutting hands off, severe punishment because you were smart

:-):-):-):-):-)

The super rich are super rich because of structures and legal entities like corporations that the government has created for their benefit. I'm pretty sure the people who have a selection of yachts to spend time on have benefited a lot more from the government giving them these structures than poor mother****ers who get food stamps. Your argument is really, really ****ing stupid :-):-):-):-):-)

Nope. I routinely vote to raise taxes on me and others like me. So it's not a shocker that the resident dumbshits here...

...love this post which is centered on a lie :-):-):-):-)
Damn dude, you're a mess :-)

Oh yea, also

:-):-):-):-):-)

....Just in case somebody happen to miss my point!
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:57 PM 02-04-2019
I tried to add a lot more :-) to that last post, but the system stopped me. Must be run by damn stinkin' Republicans!!!

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
EmojiMania 12:01 AM 02-05-2019
Me: arguments + emojis
You: emojis

Tapout acknowledged! That's what you guys like to say here, right? :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:50 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by EmojiMania:

No shit, Who is running for President and who is a 29 year old congresswomen? That's why the dialogue in the thread was changed.

The Wealth Tax is being proposed by a serious Presidential Candidate in your party, but :-):-):-):-):-).

Trump thanks you!
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:58 AM 02-05-2019
Did any of you actually read the data?

While 70 percent favor taxing other people than themselves, only 1 percent thought that any tax reform should be a top priority. Enjoy your day.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:20 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Did any of you actually read the data?

While 70 percent favor taxing other people than themselves, only 1 percent thought that any tax reform should be a top priority. Enjoy your day.
That and the question on raising taxes was very vague. My guess is that a good % of the people polled could not tell you the top tax rate. Just sounds good to raise taxes on those making 10 million. It would be interesting to poll specifically those in favor of raising the rate to 70% and see how many drop out.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:35 PM 02-05-2019
Or perhaps you need to do more study and less preaching?
you have this delusion that almost all the money offshore is legitimate. It's layered with dirty money. The Panama papers was one small leak alone that revealed tons of fraud in fake shell companies often layered with fake identities.

Then you try to rationalize all offshore activity by claiming its simply German profits being taxed by Germany. Yet ignore that tax FREE zones like the Bahamas are claiming profits thousands of percent above GDP. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize this is creative accounting to avoid taxes. And that the system has invited tons of loopholes, let alone fraud. Including Multinationals INDEFINITELY deferring American tax liability

There is a ton of tax avoidance that occurs offshore. Some is legit. Some is borderline unethical. Some is totally unethical but allowed. And some is flat out fraud.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 23
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up