ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Fox News Poll: 54% of Republicans, 70% of all voters support raising taxes on $10m+
EmojiMania 05:14 PM 02-01-2019
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...estic-spending

Overall voters:



Republicans in particular:

Originally Posted by :
Republicans are less sure where the sweet spot is for tax hikes. A majority of 59 percent opposes tax hikes on incomes over $250,000, while a 54 percent majority favors increases on incomes over $10 million. For incomes over $1 million, GOP views split: 47 favor vs. 43 oppose.
Sounds like AOC's ideas are more popular in your party than any of you care to admit!
:-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 10:25 PM 02-03-2019
You want growth? Reduce income inequality.

Why income inequality is holding back economic growth, in one chart

Originally Posted by :
“One important reason why the expansion since 2009 has been so weak is that wealth gains have been unevenly distributed,” he wrote. “A decline in the home ownership rate and the number of households holding stocks has dampened consumer spending growth for the bottom 90% of households.”
Who am I kidding? Just another article that no one will read.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:27 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Don't worry, you'll never pay taxes that high lol
More than likely, very true. Although I would argue you can't predict my future any better than me. Time will tell I guess.

But whether I personally ever pay taxes that high has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. Outside of a cheap jab at lower middle class folks like myself, what was your point here? Or maybe that was it. Looking down your nose at the lower middle class in this country.

Just label me curious.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:34 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
You want growth? Reduce income inequality.

Why income inequality is holding back economic growth, in one chart



Who am I kidding? Just another article that no one will read.
Did the continued importation of low skilled legal and illegal immigration over the last 40 years have anything to do with wage growth and income disparity in this country? What about globalism?
[Reply]
vailpass 10:38 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
You want growth? Reduce income inequality.

Why income inequality is holding back economic growth, in one chart



Who am I kidding? Just another article that no one will read.
How do you propose reducing income inequality? Via the government?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:40 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
Bullshit.

Growth was just fine when we had high marginal tax rates in the 50's, 60's and 70's.
The omitted data there, making this disinformation, is there were so many loopholes most did not pay those high marginal rates. Most loopholes were closed in exchange for lower marginal rates. You can't have both ways. And growth was not that good in during the mid 70's. That's one reason Carter lost. The economy was not good under him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:45 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
How do you propose reducing income inequality? Via the government?
An obvious answer would be to move to merit based immigration and secure the border... but hey, that's immoral.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:23 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
An obvious answer would be to move to merit based immigration and secure the border... but hey, that's immoral.
And yet so obviously logical. I encourage those who oppose it to present their reasoning.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:49 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
And yet so obviously logical. I encourage those who oppose it to present their reasoning.

I'm always amazed the left continues to bring the Income disparity thing to life. Every person here at one time was in the lower 10%. Somehow we got jobs...maybe raked leaves or pulled tassels, or helped sack groceries and we began to move to the right, as life progresses and people seek education and reach the age of adulthood, the progress continues to the right. Its the same everywhere....we begin to separate from the herd, some do better, some not so good, some fall into a retreating status. Its the sorting out of those who have the will, interest, put the effort, make good choices from those who are not as talented or talented but lazy. And the left as they sell this as a "problem" never use comparative data, they use selected data that ignores sociological changes and workplace dynamic changes...50s' we had one wage earner, people married had kids....today we have dual incomes, many don't have children till later, we have many singles into their 30s....Household income numbers are bullshit.

Fact is its not a problem. But it's an opportunity for the left to bring about division and demonize those who have been successful and rile up the bottom 60% and creat unhappiness.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:15 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
hmm.. cut your hands off? im pretty sure they will still be able to afford ANYTHing they want too! Im pretty indifferent on this, but to say its going to hurt the very rich. not really! not at all! not one bit!
Are you the very rich? If not, I'm not sure you're in a position to tell us whether or not it hurts.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:18 AM 02-04-2019
Why do people believe Income Inequality is a unique United States thing?

There has never been a country in the History of the world with more Wealth Mobility than the United States.........
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 09:25 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Why do people believe Income Inequality is a unique United States thing?
No one has claimed this.

And no one is asking for income equality.
Originally Posted by :
There has never been a country in the History of the world with more Wealth Mobility than the United States.........
The U.S. Does Poorly On Yet Another Metric of Economic Mobility
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:30 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
No one has claimed this.

And no one is asking for income equality.

The U.S. Does Poorly On Yet Another Metric of Economic Mobility
Once again.... Does this have anything with the importation of low skilled legal and illegal immigration and the depression of wages?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:34 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Once again.... Does this have anything with the importation of low skilled legal and illegal immigration and the depression of wages?
I don't know why it has to be one or the other. That's what's maddening about politics. I'm sure that helps some but not nearly enough. It's possible to hold the elite accountable while also realizing things like immigration and high minimum wage are labor barriers.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:38 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't know why it has to be one or the other. That's what's maddening about politics. I'm sure that helps some but not nearly enough. It's possible to hold the elite accountable while also realizing things like immigration and high minimum wage are labor barriers.
Explain the above in more detail, it's a word salad?

Also, waiting on the corporate welfare and loophole examples so we can discuss?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:53 AM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
I'm always amazed the left continues to bring the Income disparity thing to life. Every person here at one time was in the lower 10%. Somehow we got jobs...maybe raked leaves or pulled tassels, or helped sack groceries and we began to move to the right, as life progresses and people seek education and reach the age of adulthood, the progress continues to the right. Its the same everywhere....we begin to separate from the herd, some do better, some not so good, some fall into a retreating status. Its the sorting out of those who have the will, interest, put the effort, make good choices from those who are not as talented or talented but lazy. And the left as they sell this as a "problem" never use comparative data, they use selected data that ignores sociological changes and workplace dynamic changes...50s' we had one wage earner, people married had kids....today we have dual incomes, many don't have children till later, we have many singles into their 30s....Household income numbers are bullshit.

Fact is its not a problem. But it's an opportunity for the left to bring about division and demonize those who have been successful and rile up the bottom 60% and creat unhappiness.
Poverty is a growing problem if you step outside your bubble. And it should matter even inside of that bubble because it leads to property crime and addictions and mental illness that lead to less safe neighborhoods. There are a lot of people struggling and more than you realize who live paycheck to paycheck. I volunteer often for a food bank and the United way and it will stun you how many ordinary families are a paycheck away from losing everything. Despite the stereotype that many of these people are lazy and don't try, many are good people who caught a big break. Thank God we are fortunate.

It doesn't have to be fixed by government. They've often made things worse. But we can challenge wealth creators to do better. Watching the rise of Trump and bernie populism, how can anyone not conclude that the working class overwhelmingly feels marginalized.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up