ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 23
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Fox News Poll: 54% of Republicans, 70% of all voters support raising taxes on $10m+
EmojiMania 05:14 PM 02-01-2019
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...estic-spending

Overall voters:



Republicans in particular:

Originally Posted by :
Republicans are less sure where the sweet spot is for tax hikes. A majority of 59 percent opposes tax hikes on incomes over $250,000, while a 54 percent majority favors increases on incomes over $10 million. For incomes over $1 million, GOP views split: 47 favor vs. 43 oppose.
Sounds like AOC's ideas are more popular in your party than any of you care to admit!
:-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:38 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And how much taxable wealth in the US has left the country because the 1% are sending money offshore? The US literally repatriated over $600b in backtaxes, and that is a huge underestimate.
Hey Dolt... Those aren't individual's. They are companies who don't give a fuck where they are located and our doing the best of their companies and competitiveness. Do you understand it is nearly impossible to "off-shore" money for an individual in 2019?


https://www.google.com/search?q=Eliz...hrome&ie=UTF-8

But hey, nice talking points...:-)
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 09:41 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Elizabeth Warren...:-)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Eliz...hrome&ie=UTF-8
So nobody in this thread until you posted that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:45 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Hey Dolt... Those aren't individual's. They are companies who don't give a **** where they are located and our doing the best of their companies and competitiveness. Do you understand it is nearly impossible to "off-shore" money for an individual in 2019?


https://www.google.com/search?q=Eliz...hrome&ie=UTF-8

But hey, nice talking points...:-)
I didn't advocate for a wealth tax. I advocated for closing loopholes.

And you're absolutely clueless if you don't think substantial wealth is being hidden offshore. Or that individuals, not just corporations, don't substantially benefit from corporate welfare.it's estimated that about 10% of gdp. Yeah, I'd say that's a lot.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:46 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And how much taxable wealth in the US has left the country because the 1% are sending money offshore? The US literally repatriated over $600b in backtaxes, and that is a huge underestimate.
Corporate dollars of profits from overseas business that was held overseas because of the high tax burden was returned to the US and back into corporate treasuries after taxes were paid. A great deal of that money has paid for business expansion, employee bonus', capital investments, research, and M and A, paid in increased dividends to shareholders and retained in treasury as cash or stock. To call it backtaxes is a blatant misrepresentation.

None of that had fuck all to do with your hated 1%. You are either willfully ignorant and a effective troll or just so misinformed you embarrass yourself.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 09:48 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I think the broad point is any kind of heavy taxation, marginal or not on the rich can negate growth.
Bullshit.

Growth was just fine when we had high marginal tax rates in the 50's, 60's and 70's.



A source you'll like.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:56 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
Bullshit.

Growth was just fine when we had high marginal tax rates in the 50's, 60's and 70's.



A source you'll like.
Why did you think it was just fine in the 50, 60's and 70's..?

http://www.data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=270

It had nothing to do with the development of Asia and us going from a major exporter to a major importer.:-) Seriously, quit embarrassing yourself.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:57 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
Bullshit.

Growth was just fine when we had high marginal tax rates in the 50's, 60's and 70's.



A source you'll like.
I laugh at the boxed data on the left hand side of the graph... 1.48%... lol
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:00 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Wealth Tax Fails The Test Around The World

The irony is that those who ended their failed experiments with the wealth tax are those that America's "democratic socialists" say they most admire. That includes Denmark and Sweden, nations often cited by people like Warren, Sen. Bernie Sanders, and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as worthy of emulation by the American left.
Denmark has recently come out and said they're not socialist but capitalist. In some ways they have more market freedoms than we do nowadays. We've been falling down the list of countries listed based on freedom and in other areas.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:02 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
Who said anything about everyone being equal? Your peabrain can't comprehend what is actually posted so everything just gets reduced to "herp, derp, COMMUNISM!!!"
Well that's what you advocate. Afterall socialism is communismójust the phase where the govt withered away. Same thing otherwise.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:04 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
I was thinking, wouldn't you all want some of that money?
That's called envy or coveting thy neighbor's goods.

There's no gaurantee you'll get it either. It could get spent on a war.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:05 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I didn't advocate for a wealth tax. I advocated for closing loopholes.

And you're absolutely clueless if you don't think substantial wealth is being hidden offshore. Or that individuals, not just corporations, don't substantially benefit from corporate welfare.it's estimated that about 10% of gdp. Yeah, I'd say that's a lot.
Share the loopholes you would close?

Share the corporate welfare, or what you consider corporate welfare? If you are talking about wind energy, I agree.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:06 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
At $10m+.... Many of these people are benefitting a shitload off of government. Many use under the table political deals that basically use taxpayer money to grow their own earnings.
Taxing this behavior isn't the answer. Getting rid of corporatism is.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:08 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Close the loopholes
Most of them have been.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:11 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Most of them have been.
Yes, as well as off shore hiding of money...
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 10:15 PM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Why did you think it was just fine in the 50, 60's and 70's..?

http://www.data360.org/dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=270

It had nothing to do with the development of Asia and us going from a major exporter to a major importer.:-) Seriously, quit embarrassing yourself.

[Reply]
Page 5 of 23
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up