ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 24
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Democrats pushing state by state for third trimester abortions
Taco John 08:28 PM 01-29-2019

Heartbreaking... This isn't in New York, this isn't in California, this happened just this week right here in Virginia. @VAHouseDems proposed legislation to provide abortions up to just seconds before that precious child takes their first breath. Watch for yourself. pic.twitter.com/AxgPVyI6kU

— VA House GOP (@vahousegop) January 29, 2019


[Reply]
patteeu 03:03 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
No, her post was not accurate, and I never said I support that.

My point: Sometimes babies are born with severe deformities, such that they will not survive after birth. I don't believe that medical professionals extend the lives of these babies as long as possible. That's the current state of affairs.

That is what I believe, but do not know, the governor meant.

In response, she said I support Nazi eugenics. If she's going to throw shit like that around, she shouldn't be surprised or shocked when shit comes back her way.
I agree with you. Thatís what the governor seemed to be talking about.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:05 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I agree with you. Thatís what the governor seemed to be talking about.
Your sanity is a breath of fresh air around here. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 03:08 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
No, I haven't, but I get your point. Slippery slope. What most people don't know about "slippery slope," is that it's a fallacy, not a valid form of argument.
Slippery slope arguments are logically fallacious in that A doesnít necessarily lead to B, but often (maybe more often than not) the slippery slope is real. IOW, pointing out that itís a fallacy in no way rebuts the possibility or diminishes the likelihood of sliding down that slope.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:10 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Your sanity is a breath of fresh air around here. :-)
What about the proposed legislation? Are you in favor late term/partial birth abortions? Are you for the NY late/term partial birth abortion that allows it for the life and Health, with the bolded be added. This can be defined as mental, economic, or physical health. Do you see any concerns with this?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:12 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
No, calling me a Nazi and saying I'm in favor of infanticide is classless. Really. ****ing. Classless.
Your party is in favor of infanticide and that's not even debatable any longer, so yea.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:14 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Slippery slope arguments are logically fallacious in that A doesnít necessarily lead to B, but often (maybe more often than not) the slippery slope is real. IOW, pointing out that itís a fallacy in no way rebuts the possibility or diminishes the likelihood of sliding down that slope.
I remember the In Vitro Fertilization arguments 40 years ago... The argument against were the slippery slope, the arguments for was it would only help those parents struggling and would never be used for "boutique" baby engineering or human cloning. Here we are today:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...o-gene-editing
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:14 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
What about the proposed legislation? Are you in favor late term/partial birth abortions? Are you for the NY late/term partial birth abortion that allows it for the life and Health, with the bolded be added.
No.

Originally Posted by :
This can be defined as mental, economic, or physical health. Do you see any concerns with this?
Yes.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:15 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Your party is in favor of infanticide and that's not even debatable any longer, so yea.
No, it isn't.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:18 PM 01-31-2019
My wife is a NICU nurse and this has just mortified her co workers and her.

I see how Dems support this and push for it. But those in this labor and delivery industry are just sick to their stomachs over this.

What a horrific act of murder.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:18 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by :
Never forget, as he tries to raise tax-free money for yet another grift, that @BillKristol didn’t just endorse the rabidly pro-infanticide Democrat Ralph Northam, he and his wife gave money directly to his campaign. Helping kill babies to own the cons because Orange Man Bad. pic.twitter.com/1a0Qxp13tt
— Sean Davis (@seanmdav)
https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
[Reply]
Bowser 03:18 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
No, it isn't.
They might not be out there actively campaigning for women to abort at 39.5 weeks, but the fact that they're pushing to get legislation passed that allows for abortion up until the moment of birth...Ö.Let's just say it's not a good look, and that is putting it kindly.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:20 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I remember the In Vitro Fertilization arguments 40 years ago... The argument against were the slippery slope, the arguments for was it would only help those parents struggling and would never be used for "boutique" baby engineering or human cloning. Here we are today:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...o-gene-editing
Remember that, when it comes to politics and government, no matter which side of the argument is insisting that there's no chance of X being a slippery slope situation, they're lying. X is always a slippery slope situation.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:23 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
They might not be out there actively campaigning for women to abort at 39.5 weeks, but the fact that they're pushing to get legislation passed that allows for abortion up until the moment of birth...Ö.Let's just say it's not a good look, and that is putting it kindly.
I agree with that.

I think very few people are actually "in favor" of abortion. I certainly am not.

At the same time, a complete prohibition on abortion is not workable. It requires a compromise. In my opinion, that compromise should restrict it to the early stages of the pregnancy.

In terms of "late term" abortions, I don't see why a fully developed baby could not be delivered by C-Section rather than doing a "partial birth" abortion. (Of course, I'm not a doctor.)
[Reply]
ghak99 03:29 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
My wife is a NICU nurse and this has just mortified her co workers and her.

I see how Dems support this and push for it. But those in this labor and delivery industry are just sick to their stomachs over this.

What a horrific act of murder.
There are a lot of nurses making comments on social media lately about recent work place discussions. They all revolve around "I'm no longer allowed to have an opinion". Obviously they are, but it'll require quitting in order to have it.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:43 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by ghak99:
There are a lot of nurses making comments on social media lately about recent work place discussions. They all revolve around "I'm no longer allowed to have an opinion". Obviously they are, but it'll require quitting in order to have it.
There are plenty of other opportunities out there in the nursing industry that isnít involved in killing live born babies.

And the ones that do it, will be looked at and down upon from their peers. They will struggle moving on from it if they work in it.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 24
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up