ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 24
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Democrats pushing state by state for third trimester abortions
Taco John 08:28 PM 01-29-2019

Heartbreaking... This isn't in New York, this isn't in California, this happened just this week right here in Virginia. @VAHouseDems proposed legislation to provide abortions up to just seconds before that precious child takes their first breath. Watch for yourself. pic.twitter.com/AxgPVyI6kU

— VA House GOP (@vahousegop) January 29, 2019

[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:06 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by :
Under current Virginia law, abortions during the third trimester require a determination by a doctor and two consulting physicians that continuing the pregnancy would likely result in the woman's death or "substantially and irremediably" impair her mental or physical health.

The bill, proposed in the Virginia House of Delegates by Democrat Kathy Tran, would require only one doctor to make the determination that the pregnancy threatens the woman's life or health. The proposed legislation would also eliminate the requirement that abortions during the second trimester be performed in a state-licensed hospital.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/virgini...ay-2019-01-30/
[Reply]
seamonster 01:15 PM 01-30-2019
Historically "Progressives" have been eugenicist's (and big-government social darwinist) so that's what we're seeing now that the Democrats have been coopted by these ideologues. No elite upper middle class white girl is getting a 3rd trimester abortion. Only an "undesirable".

For historical context here's a quote from a stereotypical Princeton progressive that pushed for the minumum wage and compulsory education for all the poor:
Originally Posted by :
It is much better to enact minimum-wage laws, even if it deprives these unfortunates of work. Better that the state should support the inefficient wholly and prevent the multiplication of the breed than subsidize incompetence and unthrift, enabling them to bring forth after their kind
Progressives should be shunned back out of the Democrat party. Putting scientist in charge of the government is never an OK thing to do.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:30 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's pretty fucking bad. Democrats will have to face the piper on this one as it continues to come to public light.

I think most of the public, left or right, would be against such extreme laws like this.
It's not a good look for the D's. And to watch them pursue it with such seeming gusto is just, strange to me.

I've been pro-choice while not championing abortion, but this, this I can't support. My own personal feelings on abortion are that I as a man have no idea what the woman is experiencing, mentally or physically, so I am not going to tell her what to do with her body or life. That said, I always thought, in my own view, that if the woman made 20 weeks she loses her choice to keep or abort the baby, minus any evidence that having the baby would damage/kill her or the child. It's weird, I know, but it's just how I came to balance it all out in mind.

That's been me, but I can feel my views changing on it. I feel like there should be WAY more effort into talking to kids about sex and the possible outcomes of, and provide far more information and resources to help them make better decisions. Make condoms available. Make sex education a mandatory class. If we can mass produce and market medicine for men to keep their boners alive for four hours, we can do so much more to save kids and younger people from having to make such a life altering decision when they are clearly not ready to do so.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:04 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel like there should be WAY more effort into talking to kids about sex and the possible outcomes of, and provide far more information and resources to help them make better decisions. Make condoms available. Make sex education a mandatory class. If we can mass produce and market medicine for men to keep their boners alive for four hours, we can do so much more to save kids and younger people from having to make such a life altering decision when they are clearly not ready to do so.
"We" = their parents.

And too many parents...suck at it.

The abdication of responsibility by parents in this regard is just staggering to me. Really? You want some teacher who will forget your kids name with the next batch of students explaining the birds and the bees to your child?

I don't even like the idea of a trainer teaching my dog to sit, FFS. There's a way I want things done and a manner, method and mode that I think is going to be most effective. I may seek insight as to ways I can improve there but lord - the number of times parents just punt on critical, core elements of raising their children is extraordinary to me.

Math and science? Aight - you can manage that. Morality and sexuality? Y'know what, I think I'll take the reins here...

You are right, though - the fervor in which many Democrats are doubling down on this is just strange to me. Social media is a cesspool for the stridently militant but still - the number and volume of people on the left throwing out the same old "Her body, her choice!" stuff regarding this is just crazy to me. I simply did not realize how many people truly believe that until that umbilical cord is cut, a woman can do whatever they want to their child and if a man dares say "y'know, that's still murder" they are just misogynistic pigs.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:24 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don't know that the SCOTUS would block it. I don't think they should. This should be decided by the people at the state level, just like murder laws are.
This. With no federal funding attached. That's what the SCOTUS can do. Make it a state issue.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:45 PM 01-30-2019
Do you want to help stop this insanity? Then you can donate here:

https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d2/...aspx?wid=44491

Virginia Society for Human Life:

http://www.vshl.org/about_us.html
[Reply]
Bowser 02:47 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"We" = their parents.

The abdication of responsibility by parents in this regard is just staggering to me. Really? You want some teacher who will forget your kids name with the next batch of students explaining the birds and the bees to your child?

I don't even like the idea of a trainer teaching my dog to sit, FFS. There's a way I want things done and a manner, method and mode that I think is going to be most effective. I may seek insight as to ways I can improve there but lord - the number of times parents just punt on critical, core elements of raising their children is extraordinary to me.

Math and science? Aight - you can manage that. Morality and sexuality? Y'know what, I think I'll take the reins here...

You are right, though - the fervor in which many Democrats are doubling down on this is just strange to me. Social media is a cesspool for the stridently militant but still - the number and volume of people on the left throwing out the same old "Her body, her choice!" stuff regarding this is just crazy to me. I simply did not realize how many people truly believe that until that umbilical cord is cut, a woman can do whatever they want to their child and if a man dares say "y'know, that's still murder" they are just misogynistic pigs.
Great post, and thank you for the moral correction to my post. After I posted it and read it again, it sounded like I'm in favor of the government teaching my kid or any and all kids how to life correctly. That is NOT the case. Teach them how to read, write, and 'rithmatic, I'll handle the rest thank you very much. (I actually have reached the point where I feel the Department of Education should be abolished, but that's another discussion and thread.)
[Reply]
Detoxing 02:48 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
I think it's time for Democrats to stand up to this insanity if they have any sort of principles at all.

In liberal utopias like New York you can't give a murderer a lethal injection, but you can give one to a full-term baby.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:51 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"We" = their parents.

With exceptions
  1. States have created incentives to eliminate men as HOHs.
  2. States have designed sex programs that run counter to pregnancy prevention
  3. States have blocked parents from having information about their children.

The way to have the best odds of raising responsible children, with regards to sex and pretty much everything else, is to have a two parent home, with one parent staying home, and either homeschooling the children or at least having a school system that teaches classic virtues and morality rather than the leftist brand of libertinism taught today. But that's pretty much exactly what the states (along with the FedGov) are trying to eliminate.
[Reply]
RaiderH8r 02:58 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don't know that the SCOTUS would block it. I don't think they should. This should be decided by the people at the state level, just like murder laws are.
I think that's the intent of the national groups pushing this. They look at it like the chances of RBG making it through to 2021 and beyond are slim and getting slimmer by the day. Getting this before the court while she's on it only helps their chances of getting the result they desire. But that's just my hunch. I don't know.

"Mental health of the mother". Shit. If that's the standard my wife can have my kids killed now, 11 years later. Kids drive you fucking nuts. That's no kind of standard.
[Reply]
Otter 03:03 PM 01-30-2019
If only there were a way in 2019 America to avoid pregnancy...
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:04 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r:
I think that's the intent of the national groups pushing this. They look at it like the chances of RBG making it through to 2021 and beyond are slim and getting slimmer by the day. Getting this before the court while she's on it only helps their chances of getting the result they desire. But that's just my hunch. I don't know.

"Mental health of the mother". Shit. If that's the standard my wife can have my kids killed now, 11 years later. Kids drive you ****ing nuts. That's no kind of standard.
If we're talking easing restrictions on abortion at the state level, that would never be before the USSC.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:07 PM 01-30-2019
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Historically "Progressives" have been eugenicist's (and big-government social darwinist) so that's what we're seeing now that the Democrats have been coopted by these ideologues. No elite upper middle class white girl is getting a 3rd trimester abortion. Only an "undesirable".

For historical context here's a quote from a stereotypical Princeton progressive that pushed for the minumum wage and compulsory education for all the poor:

Progressives should be shunned back out of the Democrat party. Putting scientist in charge of the government is never an OK thing to do.

DING!! DING!! DING!! DING!! We have a winner folks!! :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:38 PM 01-30-2019

[Reply]
Taco John 04:25 PM 01-30-2019
It's getting worse...

VA gov on abortion this morning:

“If a mother is in labor...the infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians & mother" pic.twitter.com/cc15pVLjIQ

— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) January 30, 2019

[Reply]
Page 6 of 24
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up