ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3156 of 3903
« First < 2156265630563106314631523153315431553156 31573158315931603166320632563656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:36 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yep, school districts and the public have been taking advantage of teachers forever. Its not going to change until there is a shortage of teachers or the public rebels against having inferior quality teachers teaching their kids.

Just last night, I spent an hour helping her put packages together to give to the kids.
I don't think it is fair to say school districts. It is the state government and the tax payers. When you start trying to increase peoples taxes, even if it is for teachers salaries it is a hard pass my 80+% of tax payers.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:41 PM 11-19-2020
1964 deaths yesterday - BUT bUT bUT thare ares nobody dyings just more caszes!!
[Reply]
petegz28 12:46 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I realize you're trying to be sarcastic but it has taken literally 6x the cases of the first wave to reach just over half of the death rate. It has taken almost 3x the number of cases of the second wave to reach the same level of deaths. That's an ugly silver lining I agree but it also shows things could be much, much worse too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:47 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
http://twitter.com/MichaelYeadon3/st...203202/photo/1
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 01:09 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My wife has her Masters in education. One year she calculated her time in school, at night and weekends. She made less than minimum wage.
Did she include her summers off?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:12 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
http://twitter.com/MichaelYeadon3/st...203202/photo/1

They’re slightly LESS loaded than normal for mid November.
Still no excess deaths.
So...those thousands of covid19 deaths this autumn are where, exactly, in this official chart running to early Nov? pic.twitter.com/ExzOylXUUE

— Yardley Yeadon (@MichaelYeadon3) November 17, 2020

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:14 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Thank you. I couldn't get it to embed.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:17 PM 11-19-2020
Don't know if anyone saw this. Realistically, I see the Pfizer vaccine being used in hospitals and hospital systems that have a lot of money for the necessary equipment. There are some that already have it and I've seen reports that others are in the process of purchasing now.

Pfizer to Start Pilot Delivery Program for Its COVID-19 Vaccine in 4 US States
By Reuters Staff

November 18, 2020

(Reuters) - Pfizer Inc has launched a pilot delivery program for its experimental COVID-19 vaccine in four U.S. states, as the U.S. drugmaker seeks to address distribution challenges facing its ultra-cold storage requirements.

Pfizer's vaccine, which was shown to be more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 based on initial data, must be shipped and stored at -70 degrees Celsius (minus 94°F), significantly below the standard for vaccines of 2-8 degrees Celsius (36-46°F).

"We are hopeful that results from this vaccine delivery pilot will serve as the model for other U.S. states and international governments, as they prepare to implement effective COVID-19 vaccine programs," Pfizer said in a statement on Monday.

It picked Rhode Island, Texas, New Mexico, and Tennessee for the program after taking into account their differences in overall size, diversity of populations, immunization infrastructure, and need to reach individuals in varied urban and rural settings.

The four states will not receive vaccine doses earlier than other states by virtue of the pilot, nor will they receive any differential consideration, Pfizer said.
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 11-19-2020
I realize you're trying to be sarcastic but it has taken literally 6x the cases of the first wave to reach just over half of the death rate. It has taken almost 3x the number of cases of the second wave to reach the same level of deaths. That's an ugly silver lining I agree but it also shows things could be much, much worse too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's likely the case counts in the first and second waves were pretty severly undercounted.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:44 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's likely the case counts in the first and second waves were pretty severly undercounted.
I would agree but that would make the case-death rate even lower which is good.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:47 PM 11-19-2020
A few things, one very anecdotal but interesting to me. I’ve been receiving countless emails about job openings throughout KS for therapists and other mental health professionals needed. By my count it is way more than what I normally see. Almost all of them are also offering sign on bonuses, which is not all that common in this field. This tells me there is increased need and probably also some people not as willing to see as many clients. This is also in line with the increased referrals I have been getting.

Also, KU Med as of now will not be requiring staff, even those with direct patient contact, to get the vaccine. Thought that was a bit surprising given they are required to get yearly flu shots.
[Reply]
Donger 01:49 PM 11-19-2020
(CNN)The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that Americans should not travel for Thanksgiving, and has posted updated guidelines for safely celebrating the holiday.

"CDC is recommending against travel during the Thanksgiving Day period," Dr. Henry Walke, Covid-19 incident manager for the CDC, told reporters in a conference call.

"Right now, especially as we are seeing exponential growth in cases and the opportunity to translocate disease or infection from one part of the country to another leads, to our recommendation to avoid travel at this time."

"The reason that we made the update is that the fact that over the week we've seen over a million new cases in the country," Dr. Erin Sauber-Schatz, the CDC's lead for Community Intervention and Critical Population Task Force, said during the briefing.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:52 PM 11-19-2020
Some jobs you do because it is a calling and others you do for the money. It`s a choice
[Reply]
O.city 01:57 PM 11-19-2020
I would agree but that would make the case-death rate even lower which is good.
We won't know that til way later anyway, it's kidna pointless at this point to really care about.

It would also show that the lowering of the death rate, wasn't really anything we did in terms of med intervention. Which isn't ideal.
[Reply]
phisherman 01:58 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
A few things, one very anecdotal but interesting to me. I’ve been receiving countless emails about job openings throughout KS for therapists and other mental health professionals needed. By my count it is way more than what I normally see. Almost all of them are also offering sign on bonuses, which is not all that common in this field. This tells me there is increased need and probably also some people not as willing to see as many clients. This is also in line with the increased referrals I have been getting.

Also, KU Med as of now will not be requiring staff, even those with direct patient contact, to get the vaccine. Thought that was a bit surprising given they are required to get yearly flu shots.
Same for where I work. And yeah, I thought it was a bit surprising.
[Reply]
Page 3156 of 3903
« First < 2156265630563106314631523153315431553156 31573158315931603166320632563656 > Last »
Up