ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>Leaving Neverland (HBO)
Beethoven 06:52 PM 03-04-2019
Watched Part 1 of the HBO Documentary last night detailing how Michael Jackson sexually abused two kids. It was disturbing and sickening listening to these stories. What I do not get is why these parents let their child sleep with a grown, adult man.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_Ze8LjzV7Q&t=14s
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:51 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
One thing stuck with me...... a 7 year old in the edge of the bed, on all fours, ass up in the air with his asshole exposed for Michael to see why he masturbates. The kid is staring a pic of Michael Jackson in Peter Pam while in this position, Jackson masturbates.
A basic rule of thumb is that, as a general rule, the more salacious (and detailed) something is, the less likely it is to be accurate.

I mean c'mon - when something starts to sound like a South Park episode, maybe some skepticism is needed.

Again - I can't launch any kind of real defense of him; it's simply not a road I've ever felt compelled to go down. But others have and those kinds of documentaries are also available and are generally well done.

But to believe he was that fucking nutty is to believe that he was that nutty for 20 years without getting pinned to the wall for it. And remember - when you catch an employee stealing, it's not the first time that employee stole, it was just the first time you saw it.

Beyond that, you have to believe that this person, who was genuinely unhinged in many ways, was able to be a serial predator of children (in evidently gruesome ways) despite being about 3 dimes short of a dollar pretty much his entire adult life. It's akin to the ridiculousness of the same people believing that George Bush couldn't tie his own tie yet was the mastermind behind the 9/11 coverup.

It simply strains the boundaries of credulity at times and when these documentaries go pushing ever more salacious details, you really do have to view that with a jaundiced eye. It's funny how the ones that come later in time always seem to just stumble upon worse and worse stuff. I mean it's almost as though they're simply trying to one-up each other to get you interested in a story that's been told a dozen times already...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:54 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Yet if I remember correctly Oprah thinks we should forgive Roman Polanski.

Michael definitely had problems. He thought he was a child. Peter pan.
He desperately wanted to be a child, up until his death. It was something he was never allowed to be when he was actually a child. Dad wanted the money.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:57 PM 03-07-2019
Eye witness testimony is the most unreliable stuff there is...I tend to always take stuff like that with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
notorious 02:07 PM 03-07-2019
I am going to go another way.


Michael’s maturity and mental development essentially stopped dead when he was a child due to a traumatic experience.

He may be a monster, but it’s still okay to feel sorry for the child he was when somebody fucked him up.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:16 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A basic rule of thumb is that, as a general rule, the more salacious (and detailed) something is, the less likely it is to be accurate.

I mean c'mon - when something starts to sound like a South Park episode, maybe some skepticism is needed.

Again - I can't launch any kind of real defense of him; it's simply not a road I've ever felt compelled to go down. But others have and those kinds of documentaries are also available and are generally well done.

But to believe he was that fucking nutty is to believe that he was that nutty for 20 years without getting pinned to the wall for it. And remember - when you catch an employee stealing, it's not the first time that employee stole, it was just the first time you saw it.

Beyond that, you have to believe that this person, who was genuinely unhinged in many ways, was able to be a serial predator of children (in evidently gruesome ways) despite being about 3 dimes short of a dollar pretty much his entire adult life. It's akin to the ridiculousness of the same people believing that George Bush couldn't tie his own tie yet was the mastermind behind the 9/11 coverup.

It simply strains the boundaries of credulity at times and when these documentaries go pushing ever more salacious details, you really do have to view that with a jaundiced eye. It's funny how the ones that come later in time always seem to just stumble upon worse and worse stuff. I mean it's almost as though they're simply trying to one-up each other to get you interested in a story that's been told a dozen times already...
He was able to manipulate children. Doesn't take a mad genius to do that. He also had a network of enablers around him that made this possible including the parents. There are four separate accusers that have detailed the abuse. There is practically no upside for the two in this doc that I am aware of. I also don't think it's strange that a grown man who has worked through his trauma in therapy is able to be more descriptive about the abuse they suffered than a scared child.

I don't want it to be true, either, but it is what it is. I've been a big fan of his, but this is it. (no pun intended) I am done with his music. I'll just never be able to listen to it again without picturing the stories these two men told.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:42 PM 03-07-2019
My son is currently in the Prince vs. Michael Jackson tribute band at his School of Rock. Poor timing. At least theyíll finish and choose different artists in May.
[Reply]
Fish 05:40 PM 03-07-2019
The guy was completely out of touch with reality...


[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:50 PM 03-07-2019
No shit lol the dude was famous from the time he was like 5 years old. He never had a shot at living a normal life.

Has there ever been a bigger entertainment figure? Maybe the Beatles or Elvis. Maybe.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:40 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
He was able to manipulate children. Doesn't take a mad genius to do that. He also had a network of enablers around him that made this possible including the parents. There are four separate accusers that have detailed the abuse. There is practically no upside for the two in this doc that I am aware of. I also don't think it's strange that a grown man who has worked through his trauma in therapy is able to be more descriptive about the abuse they suffered than a scared child.

I don't want it to be true, either, but it is what it is. I've been a big fan of his, but this is it. (no pun intended) I am done with his music. I'll just never be able to listen to it again without picturing the stories these two men told.
All of this. If this were just a normal person with no transcendent ability who acted like Michael Jackson did, he would've been presumed a pedophile even without the accusations. This guy got the benefit of the doubt in this entire situation from everyone and it took a heartfelt documentary like this for people to conclude that, well, maybe he was a monster.

I'm floored by anyone who watches that in its entirety and thinks it's not genuine.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:55 PM 03-07-2019
People in here acting like they know these people or Michael Jackson.

You don't know shit. Not a damned one of us does.
[Reply]
Fish 12:09 AM 03-08-2019
HBO Threatened With Another Lawsuit Over 'Leaving Neverland'

In addition to the $100 million lawsuit they're already facing from Michael Jackson's estate, HBO is now being threatened with litigation from a man named Brett Barnes, who says that set-to-air documentary Leaving Neverland inaccurately represents the relationship he had with the deceased King of Pop.

Barnes contends that the documentary insinuates that he was sexually abused by Jackson. His argument is based around footage showing him and MJ together while the latter was touring. Wade Robson, the alleged abuse victim the film focuses on, claims that Barnes "replaced him."

Barnes has reportedly hired a lawyer and threatened HBO with a lawsuit. He contends that the film portrays him in a false light and that it will also subject him to "hatred, contempt and ridicule."

[...]
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:55 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
People in here acting like they know these people or Michael Jackson.

You don't know shit. Not a damned one of us does.
unless we know someone personally, saw an event ourselfs, it didnít happen?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:06 AM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
unless we know someone personally, saw an event ourselfs, it didnít happen?
Bold and underline the part where I said that
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:17 AM 03-08-2019
As a child of the late 70s/80s... (assuming a great many of you were too), none of this should be shocking. There were so many wild ass story lines with this guy. If anyone is truly shocked or in disbelief that this is possibly true, I think you have your head in the sand.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:32 AM 03-08-2019
One of my issues with this is that Robson testified on Jackson's behalf in 2005 as an adult that nothing was done to him...He was singing Jackson's praises all the way up until 2011..

It just comes off really strange that everything was great until his career went in the tank.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up