ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Draft Network mock sim
Al Bundy 01:14 PM 02-25-2019
http://www.thedraftnetwork.com
It was just released and is really good.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 02:53 PM 02-25-2019
Here's my first try from this morning.'There were still a few guys I thought fell lower than I though they should (Jaylon Ferguson for example), so I intentionally passed them over.


[Reply]
O.city 02:54 PM 02-25-2019
It really shows how you can't pigeon hole yourself into a certain position and that if you do you better be ready to trade up and get a guy.
[Reply]
O.city 02:55 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Here's my first try from this morning.'There were still a few guys I thought fell lower than I though they should (Jaylon Ferguson for example), so I intentionally passed them over.

This is an example of that.

I don't know that Rapp is much more than a 3rd round prospect and I'd hate to have to take him that early because a run on safeties starts.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:59 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So my draft broke really weird and a bunch of defensive guys went way higher than I expected. To that end, I ended up with a pretty darn good offensive draft. I wasn't necessarily enthused with taking Montgomery in the 2nd but there wasn't a single decent LB, Edge, CB, or S left on the board when I got there (Mullen was the last one and Savage went 60 overall right before Mullen).

29. T.J. Hockenson, TE Iowa
61. Trayvon Mullen, CB Clemson
63. David Montgomery, RB Iowa State
92. Michael Deiter, OT Wisconsin
157. Brian Peavy, CB Iowa State
188. Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo
194 Tyre Brady, WR Marshall
I'd be OK with this.

The offense would be fucking loaded for years to come.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:01 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Weird. Whenever I go there it just says "Coming Soon!" and talks about the draft machine. I wonder if I need to set up an account or something.
I get the same thing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:01 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is an example of that.

I don't know that Rapp is much more than a 3rd round prospect and I'd hate to have to take him that early because a run on safeties starts.
I could have taken Rapp in the 2nd but passed for that very reason. He was gone by the 3rd.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I get the same thing.
They said something on their Twitter account about being aware that not everyone can access it and they're working on bugs.

Eh, not like there's a shortage of mock draft simulators out there...
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:07 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I could have taken Rapp in the 2nd but passed for that very reason. He was gone by the 3rd.
Definitely, I was hoping one of the safeties we talk about here more often would fall, but they were gone and I didn't want to risk not getting a solid one.

However, I was really happy with the end of the draft. I think Kendall Joseph is a good compliment to DOD at the WILL and push him. Where DoD is more athletic, Kendall Joseph has strong linebacker instincts.

I also really liked Jon Baker in the 7th. He's an interior guy who likes to maul and was strong in the run game at Boston College.

I think it's a solid B- to a B draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:09 PM 02-25-2019
Man, I don’t know what some of you are seeing when it comes to Rapp.

I’d be ecstatic to get him in the 2nd. There’s a reason some people have him as high as #1. No way he makes it to the 3rd.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Man, I donít know what some of you are seeing when it comes to Rapp.

Iíd be ecstatic to get him in the 2nd. Thereís a reason some people have him as high as #1. No way he makes it to the 3rd.
Yeah, I can see a defense for him in the 2nd. He's not super high on my list and there's guys I'd take before him, but if you're sitting there with a CB and a ILB in your pocket (or if you've done the right thing and taken Hock), you could definitely justify him with that other 2nd.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:12 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Man, I donít know what some of you are seeing when it comes to Rapp.

Iíd be ecstatic to get him in the 2nd. Thereís a reason some people have him as high as #1. No way he makes it to the 3rd.
Depending on how he does at workouts, he could be a 2nd round pick. He could also drop to like the 4th. He's not anywhere near a first-rounder - who has him that high?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:15 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Depending on how he does at workouts, he could be a 2nd round pick. He could also drop to like the 4th. He's not anywhere near a first-rounder - who has him that high?
I don’t see any way that happens.

Matt Miller has him #1 and just about everybody has him in their top 5. It’s safe to say he a consensus 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:15 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Depending on how he does at workouts, he could be a 2nd round pick. He could also drop to like the 4th. He's not anywhere near a first-rounder - who has him that high?
There's little separating him from Hooker in terms of 'pure prospect value' so if there's an argument for Hooker in the 2nd, there's an argument for Rapp.
[Reply]
O.city 03:16 PM 02-25-2019
I think Rapp is and could be a good player, I just don't know that he really has the athletic ceiling to be that high of a pick.

Now maybe i'm overrating what I'd like to have in the 2nd round or what the actual expectations of said player should be, but i'm gonna have to see how he tests before I took him that high.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:17 PM 02-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I donít see any way that happens.

Matt Miller has him #1 and just about everybody has him in their top 5.
Man, if he's the 'top safety prospect' in this class for Miller, I don't see how he can have any safeties going in the 1st round.

He's just not a 1st round guy. He's just not good enough in coverage to justify that. I guess you could try to argue that his upside is Landon Collins but that seems like a maaaaajor reach.

He looks like a pure strong safety who's most comfortable in the box. That's not a 1st round talent these days IMO.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up