ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>The Umbrella Academy Netflix
Sure-Oz 10:58 AM 02-18-2019
https://youtu.be/0DAmWHxeoKw

Did anyone watch this? I binged it over the weekend and it was pretty good. Reminds me of watchmen kindve and X-Men mixed.

Pretty close adaptation of the crazy comics.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:45 PM 02-24-2019
it's like a Wes Anderson movie if he decided to a superhero film
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:44 PM 02-24-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
it's like a Wes Anderson movie if he decided to a superhero film
That sounds amazing!
[Reply]
007 11:49 PM 02-25-2019
Got up to episode 7 over the weekend and just getting lost. Going to finish it but damn its boring.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:22 AM 02-26-2019
I watched Episode 1. That was it for me. Wanted to like it but it seemed forced.

In a pre-Netflix world without other options, I'd get through it. But now there are just so many other options for content.
[Reply]
Fish 11:03 AM 03-04-2019
Watched this over the weekend. Meh. Plot was weak and very predictable. Rehash of "Troubled misfit mutants are super powerful in some ways, but still deal with the same human issues as everyone else." Some of the cast just outright sucked. Ellen Page's character ended up being super annoying. The most enjoyable parts were the weird time assassins doing fat karate. Don't think I'll bother with the next season....
[Reply]
vailpass 11:06 AM 03-04-2019
Light-hearted viewing isn't a concept for some of you apparently.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:16 AM 03-04-2019
Watched this over the weekend. It was ok, I guess. I get that it's quirky, but it seemed a little try-hard on being quirky. But it was mildly entertaining enough for me to watch the whole season and not be just slogging through it at the end.
[Reply]
007 12:29 AM 03-05-2019
Ended exactly how I thought it would. Called the final ep after episode one. I didn't know exactly how they would get there but I was right on spot about Ellen Pages character. I still stand behind my previous comments about this being a boring ass show.

Nothing about season 1 makes me want to watch season 2 when it drops.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:02 AM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Ended exactly how I thought it would. Called the final ep after episode one. I didn't know exactly how they would get there but I was right on spot about Ellen Pages character. I still stand behind my previous comments about this being a boring ass show.

Nothing about season 1 makes me want to watch season 2 when it drops.
Oh yeah, some things were very predictable. As soon as they said she was the only one without powers, I thought, well obviously she is the strongest one.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:38 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Oh yeah, some things were very predictable. As soon as they said she was the only one without powers, I thought, well obviously she is the strongest one.
Oddly enough this exact thing was done in Misfits about 10 years ago with Robert Sheehan who also stars in this show...
[Reply]
vailpass 01:52 PM 03-07-2019
It's a comic book turned into a tv show for Netflix. The kind of thing you have on while doing stuff on your ipad. Plot critiques seem to be a bit much for something like this.
[Reply]
Fish 02:20 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It's a comic book turned into a tv show for Netflix. The kind of thing you have on while doing stuff on your ipad. Plot critiques seem to be a bit much for something like this.
I watch many comic book shows. I have no problem with superhero themes and plots even when they get silly. But this was just poorly done. Being a comic book show doesn't preclude it from criticism.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:53 PM 03-07-2019
I liked it, but unfortunately the new ellen chick (forgot her name but shes the new ellen. you know the one) wasnt great in the series.

The black chick did an awesome job I thought.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:12 AM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
It's a comic book turned into a tv show for Netflix. The kind of thing you have on while doing stuff on your ipad. Plot critiques seem to be a bit much for something like this.

The main problem I had with it, other than the shitty acting and poor dialog, was that it's bland. And the more that it tries to be quirky the more bland it becomes. It's not a horrible show but's it's nothing special either.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:46 AM 04-23-2019
I actually really liked it.

People told me it was SJW this and that but it's not. At all. It leaves a lot unanswered at the end, but in a good way and not annoying way, leaving you with something to look forward to next season.

I liked it a lot more than I expected to.

I still like Misfits (somewhat similar idea) better but if you like Comix movies/TV I'd definitely give it a chance...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up