ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 615
« First < 678910 111213142060110510 > Last »
The Lounge>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:49 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I don't think you realize that after we tag Ford and hold our "Rookie Pool" we are looking at about $5M in space to play in FA unless they can get something worked out with Houston and or Berry.
I never suggested “sign all of them”.

You know as well as I do that room will be created. One of Berry/Houston are gone IMO. Sorenson is likely out. There is always a surprise or two.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:13 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Patrick Peterson.

Only 2 years left on his deal. That’s not worth a 2nd IMO.
I would look at cheaper options first but I would be willing to give a 2nd in 2020 for him.

The Chiefs stand a very real chance to compete for the SB in the next two years.

Two years left on his contract is perfect. You won't have to pay him anymore when you start paying Mahomes big dollars. And by then they will have time to get some good young CBs plus they can potentially get a 3rd round compensation when Peterson's contract is over if I am not mistaken.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:21 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I never suggested “sign all of them”.

You know as well as I do that room will be created. One of Berry/Houston are gone IMO. Sorenson is likely out. There is always a surprise or two.
There is definitely a lot of work to be done. Veach has stated that he wants to resign Jones and Hill and will be working on that this off season.
I agree that we most likely sign a FA safety as they are now cheap compared to years past. I could see us signing a FA CB but it will be late and we probably won't like the player much.
To do all that is going to take a large amount of cap space that we don't have yet. It will be interesting to see how they get some relief to help allow them to sign players.

I am not a big fan of Ford. I think Houston is all but done when he has to motivated by Justin Hamilton to play up to his ability. Berry has been non existent for over a year and if this surgery doesn't happen soon he will be non existent again in 2019.

Some times I think we would be better off to just make Houston and Berry both post June 1 cuts and trade Ford.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:22 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I don't think you realize that after we tag Ford and hold our "Rookie Pool" we are looking at about $5M in space to play in FA unless they can get something worked out with Houston and or Berry.
Not really sure why a team that just sported the worst defense it the league would be up for keeping a bunch of aging overpaid players.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:50 PM 02-11-2019

There are more undrafted players in the NFL right now, than than there are players who were drafted in rounds 4-7...combined. pic.twitter.com/hpW2H0jRdV

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) February 10, 2019



This is a much flatter distribution than I'd expect from 2nd to 5th.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:13 PM 02-11-2019
S Eric Reid with the Panthers just signed a 3 yr extension.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:33 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
S Eric Reid with the Panthers just signed a 3 yr extension.
22 million dollars
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 PM 02-11-2019
That may make the safety market a little more robust
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:47 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
That may make the safety market a little more robust
Gonna have to build through the draft and hope you can find a scandrick somewhere or 2 who's gonna give you 6-8 good games
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Gonna have to build through the draft and hope you can find a scandrick somewhere or 2 who's gonna give you 6-8 good games
Hopefully the new d staff can get some current guys playing better

The dude on twitter that had the Watkins signing says they’ll sign Earl Thomas

Well see
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:34 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hopefully the new d staff can get some current guys playing better

The dude on twitter that had the Watkins signing says they’ll sign Earl Thomas

Well see
Makes sense because we tried to trade for him dunno how we would have money to sign him I think he gets a prove it deal somewhere due to breaking the same leg twice in back to back years. I'd love to have Thomas but I do have questions about him and Berry
[Reply]
O.city 09:40 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Makes sense because we tried to trade for him dunno how we would have money to sign him I think he gets a prove it deal somewhere due to breaking the same leg twice in back to back years. I'd love to have Thomas but I do have questions about him and Berry
I’m betting it’s something like 3 years 30 mill Thomas gets.

He says they’re gonna tag ford and restructure Houston and sign Thomas

Not sure if he knows much though
[Reply]
mcaj22 10:10 PM 02-11-2019
Eric Reid sat on his couch all summer last year along with a bunch of other safeties nobody wanted to sign. A year later teams are now overpaying for safeties? what?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:11 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m betting it’s something like 3 years 30 mill Thomas gets.

He says they’re gonna tag ford and restructure Houston and sign Thomas

Not sure if he knows much though
Houston would be stupid to redo his deal
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:20 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Houston would be stupid to redo his deal
Not if he wants a ring.

He should be rich forever anyway.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 615
« First < 678910 111213142060110510 > Last »
Up