ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Devin Bush ILB
O.city 11:07 AM 01-24-2019
Saw some chatter on twitter that the Chiefs might be interested. Talk to me about him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So why can't Bush play inside and let Hitchens play the SLB
Hitchens has never been a SLB. He's actually been a WLB most of his college and pro career with stints at MLB when necessary. For the Chiefs, he was playing the WILB in the 3-4.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:53 AM 02-14-2019
Why can't Bush play SLB?
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hitchens has never been a SLB. He's actually been a WLB most of his college and pro career with stints at MLB when necessary. For the Chiefs, he was playing the WILB in the 3-4.
If that's what they do here though, where do you put DOD? I'd guess they want Hitch in the middle with DOD on the weak side, so I'd put Bush at SLB.

He's a little small for it, but he plays pretty fierce and is fast.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why can't Bush play SLB?
I'm not sure Bush can hold up at SLB for 16 games. That does seem to be the only real option though.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why can't Bush play SLB?
It would be a waste of his talents IMO.

Put Bush at MLB and keep DOD on the bench with Hitchens at WLB or put Hitchens at SLB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:30 PM 02-14-2019
So interesting thing here....but take it for what it's worth because it's Wikipedia.

Anthony Hitchens.

Originally Posted by :
2015
Hitchens was slated to become the strong side linebacker after the departure of Bruce Carter, but was switched to middle linebacker after Rolando McClain was suspended for the first four games.
Originally Posted by :
2016
Hitchens began training camp competing with Kyle Wilber and Damien Wilson for the role as the strongside linebacker.[22] He took over the role as the Cowboys' starting middle linebacker after Rolando McClain was dealt a ten-game suspension after violating the performance-enhancing drugs policy.
I wonder if he could move to SLB in our system.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:34 PM 02-14-2019
I think Hitchens and DOD are our OLB's as of right now, put Bush in the middle. You have some speed at LB then.

Also with all the subs and different fronts they'll do nothing saying Hitchens has to be part of the subs.
[Reply]
O.city 03:02 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think Hitchens and DOD are our OLB's as of right now, put Bush in the middle. You have some speed at LB then.

Also with all the subs and different fronts they'll do nothing saying Hitchens has to be part of the subs.
I think if you put those 3 out there, you could potentially play the base a lot more and be able to defend in it.

That's what always made those Harbaugh 9er teams so damn good. They had badass MLB's who could do everything so they'd just stay in their base d and beat the shit out of you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:34 PM 02-14-2019
Hitchens would be a viable Sam; not sure I like him as a Will at all. In the middle I think he's passable but perhaps a little less than I'd like to see there.

If we drafted a new MLB, the LB corps seems pretty straightfoward - Hitch as the SLB, Newjack in the middle and DoD as the WLB.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:40 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hitchens would be a viable Sam; not sure I like him as a Will at all. In the middle I think he's passable but perhaps a little less than I'd like to see there.

If we drafted a new MLB, the LB corps seems pretty straightfoward - Hitch as the SLB, Newjack in the middle and DoD as the WLB.
Yea and if that guy is Bush that makes the team speed significantly better back there.

This team isn't that far away from a good defense.
[Reply]
O.city 03:58 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hitchens would be a viable Sam; not sure I like him as a Will at all. In the middle I think he's passable but perhaps a little less than I'd like to see there.

If we drafted a new MLB, the LB corps seems pretty straightfoward - Hitch as the SLB, Newjack in the middle and DoD as the WLB.
Devin Bush for 29.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea and if that guy is Bush that makes the team speed significantly better back there.

This team isn't that far away from a good defense.
You're reaching for need if you take Bush in the 1st, IMO.

He's a fine prospect, but he's not a guy I'd be eager to take that high.
[Reply]
O.city 04:00 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You're reaching for need if you take Bush in the 1st, IMO.

He's a fine prospect, but he's not a guy I'd be eager to take that high.
Depends what he runs I think in Indy.

He could inch up that high and be a little Hightower ish.

I like him a lot, but an added bonus is that he legit plays with a real fuck you attitude. This defense needs that.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:01 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You're reaching for need if you take Bush in the 1st, IMO.

He's a fine prospect, but he's not a guy I'd be eager to take that high.
So if it came down to Bush or Wilson you’d take Wilson?

Asking because I’ve seen you say you would be ok with Wilson at 29.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 02-14-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So if it came down to Bush or Wilson youd take Wilson?

Asking because Ive seen you say you would be ok with Wilson at 29.
Yeah but I also changed my mind since then. I don't think I'd really like Wilson at 29 either. Same with Thompson who I would've originally been pretty happy with. I think I've joined the Adderley set there and would prefer him to Thompson.

Bush and Wilson are effectively a coinflip for me at this point though I probably like Bush a little more. I'd just be surprised if the board shook out in such a way that those are going to be my preferred choices.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up