ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>First look at Will Smith as Genie
MephistophelesJanx 09:10 AM 12-19-2018
I simply cannot wait for this movie to come out. Hopefully it bombs at the box office and it:

A) Forces Disney to reconsider re-making their entire fucking catalogue.
B) Forces Will Smith to take a multi-year vacation from making movies and seriously re-evaluating what bullshit film projects he signs on to.


[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:50 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
The credits of any Will Smith movie should read "Starring Will Smith as himself."
Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali, Concussion, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, Enemy of the State, After Earth, I Am Legend.

Just off the top of my head, those roles are all very different.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:59 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali, Concussion, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, Enemy of the State, After Earth, I Am Legend.

Just off the top of my head, those roles are all very different.
I've seen about half of those. All pretty much Will playing himself.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:23 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I've seen about half of those. All pretty much Will playing himself.
Lol

Alright, which ones specifically, you fucking liar?
[Reply]
Setsuna 05:37 PM 02-12-2019
:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:19 PM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I've seen about half of those. All pretty much Will playing himself.
No. Heís done a lot of different stuff in those roles.

It can be both dude. He can have done a lot of good acting and fucking mailed it the fuck in on this one.

But donít mind me. Go ahead and over generalize. Itís where we are as a society today - totally binary. Everyone is either Daniel Day Lewis or fucking garbage. Nuance is so last millennium. Fuck.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:27 AM 02-13-2019
Will Smith as himself is fairly entertaining. It works for him a lot of the time.

Of the ones listed, I have seen I Am Legend, Enemy of the State, and Pursuit of Happiness. It's just Will Smith as Will Smith if he were put in those circumstances. It was fine. It worked for Men In Black and I Robot too. Will Smith as himself isn't the worst thing in the world but he is not a character actor.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02-13-2019, 07:30 PM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Carr4MVP 06:44 AM 02-16-2019
The recent rash of remakes clearly proves that Walt's influence on his beloved company is about gone.

His motto was keep moving forward. Instead, we get guaranteed cash grab remakes.

The only good remake was Cinderella and that is because Kenneth Branagh focused on making a movie and not agendas.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:47 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol



Alright, which ones specifically, you fucking liar?
I laughed out loud.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:57 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:

Instead, we get guaranteed cash grab remakes.
Thats more about the state of the industry as a whole more than anything. People rarely go to the movies on something they have never heard of anymore.

Disney is in the business of making tentpoles and keeping shareholders happy. Not to be risky and edgy.
[Reply]
Carr4MVP 10:03 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Thats more about the state of the industry as a whole more than anything. People rarely go to the movies on something they have never heard of anymore.

Disney is in the business of making tentpoles and keeping shareholders happy. Not to be risky and edgy.
True.

I don't need an edgy Disney. Just give me a Disney that wants to continue to strive for new ideas. Remaking animated classics is just lackluster. Especially when the new movies really don't add anything worthwhile.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:42 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
True.

I don't need an edgy Disney. Just give me a Disney that wants to continue to strive for new ideas. Remaking animated classics is just lackluster. Especially when the new movies really don't add anything worthwhile.
Yea I would agree. But these things are making money. Unlike stuff like Wrinkle in Time.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:48 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
True.



I don't need an edgy Disney. Just give me a Disney that wants to continue to strive for new ideas. Remaking animated classics is just lackluster. Especially when the new movies really don't add anything worthwhile.

Disney is making new movies all the time. Frozen, Moana, Coco, Wreck it Ralph, plus many more are all new ideas and characters. Whether they add in anything worthwhile is subjective but they are certainly constantly creating new movies and exploring emotions on a level that many movies canít even touch.

As for the remakes, they arenít mailing them in. They are well made and keep people interested in the stories. Iím sure most people who enjoyed them growing up will enjoy the remakes, and now they get to experience them with their kids and Disney doesnít have to rely on parents only to show these movies to kids.

One thing to remember is that these movies make nothing in terms of dollars compared to what the parks make each year. Disney parks and resorts made $20 billion just last year. The movies are not about the cash grab. They are about keeping people interested in Disney as a whole and keeping the parks from becoming stale. The parks have countless attractions, themes, and resorts that are all tied directly to older characters. Those have to stay appealing and the remakes help with that.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:57 AM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
The recent rash of remakes clearly proves that Walt's influence on his beloved company is about gone.

His motto was keep moving forward. Instead, we get guaranteed cash grab remakes.

The only good remake was Cinderella and that is because Kenneth Branagh focused on making a movie and not agendas.
Live action Jungle Book was quite good.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Live action Jungle Book was quite good.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Sorry 04:40 PM 02-16-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali, Concussion, Pursuit of Happyness, Seven Pounds, Enemy of the State, After Earth, I Am Legend.

Just off the top of my head, those roles are all very different.
He was damn good those movies sand after earth never seen jt. I can literally look at any actor and be like he's playing himself if I tried hard enough lol.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up