ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 57
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Raiderhader 07:29 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I Super Agree with this.

The only conceivable way that you can write an arc for Superman or Captain Marvel is to create tension and strife associated with their "human" aspect - as opposed to their powers. Resolution has no impact, purpose, or meaning without some form of personal struggle.

In CM's case, that would involve some form of conflict dealing with a female. As a writer, this of course, leads you to consider something like menopausal cramps, or a kitchen cooking failure, or an online makeup purchase gone bad, or something similar. And if you do that the fanboys would hate it.

FAX

:-)
[Reply]
Superturtle 07:42 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
And Captain Marvel trained as a soldier, then for 6 years as some kind of warrior apprentice where she learned how to use a weakened version of her powers. When she does get full control of them there are several scenes where she fucks up trying to aim or use them right. So, if your argument is that she suddenly had her power thrust upon her and could manage them perfectly, you are an idiot or didn't actually watch the movie.

My review of the film is a C, if you were curious. I found it boring, and though the story was worth telling, they did it poorly. CM suffers from the same issue that super man does, namely that they are so fucking powerful there is literally no reason to doubt they will win every time. Every story with them is a foregone conclusion.
Yeah. Does Captain Marvel have a 'kryptonite' like Superman does?
[Reply]
notorious 08:09 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah. Does Captain Marvel have a 'kryptonite' like Superman does?
Wedding cake is kryptonite to her sex drive.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:20 PM 03-14-2019
I'm going to put some thought into the movie, but my initial reaction is about what I thought it would be..... meh. Not bad, not great. Initial feeling is lower half of the Marvel movies. Maybe around the original Captain America.... I'm one of the ones that likes that movie though.

Felt like all the "strong woman" moments fit the movie - nothing seem really out of place other than the "I'm just a girl" song playing during the final fight. Not necessarily the song, but just didn't fit the scene in my opinion.

I think someone explained it earlier, but I'm too lazy to look it up - how did the tesseract end up in space?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:21 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah. Does Captain Marvel have a 'kryptonite' like Superman does?
Me & my boys talked about that on the way home - what's her "weakness" or is she like a super Superman?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:39 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Me & my boys talked about that on the way home - what's her "weakness" or is she like a super Superman?
She can fly jets....but I'd bet $1000 that she can't parallel park.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:52 PM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I think someone explained it earlier, but I'm too lazy to look it up - how did the tesseract end up in space?

[Reply]
Frazod 08:36 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah. Does Captain Marvel have a 'kryptonite' like Superman does?
Maybe if you can get her to actually smile she'll burst into flames.

That may just be the actress who plays her, though.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:49 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Maybe if you can get her to actually smile she'll burst into flames.

That may just be the actress who plays her, though.
Is there something I missed where this sentiment comes from? She's always been pretty bubbly when I've seen her.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:58 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Is there something I missed where this sentiment comes from? She's always been pretty bubbly when I've seen her.
I just don't remember ever seeing a picture of her when she was actually smiling. I assume she has teeth; I just haven't seen them.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:58 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Is there something I missed where this sentiment comes from? She's always been pretty bubbly when I've seen her.
Beats me, but it seems everywhere you look in the past few years, there have been a couple new things that are epidemics that apparently infuriate the hell out of people.

1. Men asking women to smile.
2. Wypipo asking to caress black people's hair.

Apparently it happens everywhere all the time and makes the object of the request furious.
[Reply]
Munson 10:04 AM 03-15-2019

[Reply]
Setsuna 08:32 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
And Captain Marvel trained as a soldier, then for 6 years as some kind of warrior apprentice where she learned how to use a weakened version of her powers. When she does get full control of them there are several scenes where she ****s up trying to aim or use them right. So, if your argument is that she suddenly had her power thrust upon her and could manage them perfectly, you are an idiot or didn't actually watch the movie.

My review of the film is a C, if you were curious. I found it boring, and though the story was worth telling, they did it poorly. CM suffers from the same issue that super man does, namely that they are so ****ing powerful there is literally no reason to doubt they will win every time. Every story with them is a foregone conclusion.
There is too much context before I made that post to explain to you why this post you made in response to mine is asinine and a waste of time. I'm just going to put you on ignore if you are just going to cherry pick posts to attempt to 1up someone. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:04 AM 03-16-2019
Watched it again today.

I'd put it above Thor, Captain America, Hulk and Tom Holland's Spiderman in terms of origin stories.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:45 AM 03-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Watched it again today.

I'd put it above Thor, Captain America, Hulk and Tom Holland's Spiderman in terms of origin stories.
Your ability to watch/critique movies needs major improvement then.

I'll give you Thor. MCU could have done a better job w/ his origin movie...luckily Ragnarok made everyone forget about the first 2 movies. (Hopefully MCU can do the same w/ Captain Marvel)

But there's just no way in fuckin hell Captain Marvel is a better origin movie than the others mentioned in your post.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 57
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up