ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 173
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
The Lounge>***** Official 2018-2019 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:37 PM 04-04-2018
Fuck the Final Four. Championship or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!


BYE BYE

Spoiler!


FULL SCHEDULE:

https://kuathletics.com/documents/20...9_schedule.pdf

Spoiler!



PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

Spoiler!


NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Spoiler!


More updates to come.

Let's go get Championship number 4 (6)!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:44 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Sam Mellinger's best guess for next year's starting 5:

PG: Devon Dotson, the No. 19 recruit according to the Recruiting Services Consensus Index.

SG: Quentin Grimes, the No. 12 recruit according to RSCI.

SF: K.J. Lawson, a transfer who averaged 12.3 points and 8.1 rebounds for Memphis last season.

PF: Dedric Lawson, a transfer who averaged 19.2 points and 9.9 rebounds for Memphis last season.

C: Udoka Azubuike, the 7-foot center who will likely be asked to be more of a rim protector and rebounder than scorer next season.
No way Vick cracks that line up. I know they are not playing Vicks position but, McCormick looks like a monster and he's not even starting. Moore is supposed to be one of the best true point guards in the nation and he doesn't start?

Now that Self has enough talented bigs, I bet he goes back to his traditional high/low offense.
[Reply]
sedated 10:19 AM 04-05-2018
As talented as that group will be, I still wish they had an Jr/Sr leader at one of the guard spots.

(Even if Vick stays, I don't think he'll qualify)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:28 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No way Vick cracks that line up. I know they are not playing Vicks position but, McCormick looks like a monster and he's not even starting. Moore is supposed to be one of the best true point guards in the nation and he doesn't start?

Now that Self has enough talented bigs, I bet he goes back to his traditional high/low offense.
Mellinger acknowledged that this is speculation at this point. No telling how things might change between now and the first game of next season. However it ends up, KU is stacked. Mellinger also made the point that this is the first time Self has come out of the final four with a better roster for the following season. Final Four followed by a National Championship? :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 10:49 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
l think most people consider this years team the least talented team in recent years.

Now the very next year, we have the most talented team in recent memory, at least on paper because of recruiting success and transfers. We should be #1 team out of the gate and favorite to win it all.
Fallacy.

Devonte Graham Top 35 recruit.
Malik Newman Top 8 recruit.
Legerald Vick Top 50 recruit.
Svi would have been a Top 15 recruit and a 5-star had he been included in USA recruiting rankings, and has been said many times after we nabbed him.
Udoka Top 30 recruit.
Mitch Lightfoot Top 70 recruit.
Garrett Top 45 recruit.
Silvio Top 30 recruit.

Compare that to next year.
Charlie Moore Top 60 recruit.
Dedric Lawson Top 40 recruit.
KJ Lawson Top 60 recruit.
Grimes Top 15 recruit.
Dotson Top 25 recruit.
McCormack Top 40 recruit.
Agabai Top 400 recruit.

So, out of these two teams, one would argue the most talented kids out of HS were Malik Newman, Svi and Quinten Grimes. Followed by Doke, Dotson & Silvio (who was on our team this year).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:26 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Fallacy.

Devonte Graham Top 35 recruit.
Malik Newman Top 8 recruit.
Legerald Vick Top 50 recruit.
Svi would have been a Top 15 recruit and a 5-star had he been included in USA recruiting rankings, and has been said many times after we nabbed him.
Udoka Top 30 recruit.
Mitch Lightfoot Top 70 recruit.
Garrett Top 45 recruit.
Silvio Top 30 recruit.

Compare that to next year.
Charlie Moore Top 60 recruit.
Dedric Lawson Top 40 recruit.
KJ Lawson Top 60 recruit.
Grimes Top 15 recruit.
Dotson Top 25 recruit.
McCormack Top 40 recruit.
Agabai Top 400 recruit.

So, out of these two teams, one would argue the most talented kids out of HS were Malik Newman, Svi and Quinten Grimes. Followed by Doke, Dotson & Silvio (who was on our team this year).
come on man, If Graham was a top 35 recruit why did he sign at Appalachian state?

You are the only person I've ever heard say this wasn't Self's least talent team in recent times.

Doesn't matter what this years team did in high school. Same as this new recruiting class.. Lots of talent coming out of high school, but will they jell, learn and continue to get better? We shall see.

There is a reason almost everyone has us as the best team in the country next year. Self and the new recruits.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:28 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Considering you don't believe the earth was around the year they started the BIg 12 streak, you will be missed.
:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:33 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Fallacy.

Devonte Graham Top 35 recruit.
Malik Newman Top 8 recruit.
Legerald Vick Top 50 recruit.
Svi would have been a Top 15 recruit and a 5-star had he been included in USA recruiting rankings, and has been said many times after we nabbed him.
Udoka Top 30 recruit.
Mitch Lightfoot Top 70 recruit.
Garrett Top 45 recruit.
Silvio Top 30 recruit.

Compare that to next year.
Charlie Moore Top 60 recruit.
Dedric Lawson Top 40 recruit.
KJ Lawson Top 60 recruit.
Grimes Top 15 recruit.
Dotson Top 25 recruit.
McCormack Top 40 recruit.
Agabai Top 400 recruit.

So, out of these two teams, one would argue the most talented kids out of HS were Malik Newman, Svi and Quinten Grimes. Followed by Doke, Dotson & Silvio (who was on our team this year).
This is EXTREMELY skewed.

We aren’t talking just about incoming freshmen. We’re talking about guys who have college experience too. Once they’ve played college ball, who cares about their recruit rank?

Dedric Lawson averaged 20 and 10 at Memphis. You could easily argue that he’s proven to be better than he was ranked.

Moore averaged double figures as a freshman in a major conference. You could argue that he’s better than his ranking.

Here’s another example. Please compare Frank Mason and Josh Selby as high school recruits. We were all far more excited about Selby out of high school than Frank. Once they were on campus, those rankings didn’t matter anymore.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:39 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
come on man, If Graham was a top 35 recruit why did he sign at Appalachian state?

You are the only person I've ever heard say this wasn't Self's least talent team in recent times.

Doesn't matter what this years team did in high school. Same as this new recruiting class.. Lots of talent coming out of high school, but will they jell, learn and continue to get better? We shall see.

There is a reason almost everyone has us as the best team in the country next year. Self and the new recruits.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...te-graham-9850

Yes I realize he went to prep school, but doesn't change the fact that when we got Devonte, he was a high recruit. There is absolutely no way Dotson is going to be ANYWHERE close to as good as the PG play we had the last few years between Mason and Graham.
[Reply]
sedated 11:45 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...te-graham-9850

Yes I realize he went to prep school, but doesn't change the fact that when we got Devonte, he was a high recruit. There is absolutely no way Dotson is going to be ANYWHERE close to as good as the PG play we had the last few years between Mason and Graham.
Yes, once a recruit has a number by their name, that's what they are going to be. Case closed.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:50 AM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by sedated:
Yes, once a recruit has a number by their name, that's what they are going to be. Case closed.
Should we go by NBA players? This years team has the following players who will play in the NBA someday:

Devonte Graham
Malik Newman
Udoka Azubuike
Svi Myhailiuk
Silvio DeSousa

That's pretty good no? I just think saying this team wasn't as talented as any teams Self has had in the last 15 years is quite an exaggeration. That seems to be the typical narrative.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 01:05 PM 04-05-2018
No sorry he's right going by Rivals rankings ESPECIALLY four years later is extremely misguided.

These services change their rankings when a big coach selects them. You rarely if every see a 2-star player start at a KU/Duke/UNC or whatever because as soon as there is interest from a Cal or Roy or K these guys shoot up the rankings because *shocked gasp* they're better talent evaluators than Eric Bossi or whomever.
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 04-06-2018
Vick officially turning pro
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:16 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Vick officially turning pro
Not hiring an agent, though. I wish Malik would do that. Options, man.
[Reply]
DanBecky 09:29 AM 04-06-2018
Man, this opens the door for Romeo Langford. All of our four starting guards are now gone. SO many minutes in the backcourt are available next year. I'm already excited. Really gonna miss those guys that are moving on though.
[Reply]
DanBecky 09:33 AM 04-06-2018
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Not hiring an agent, though. I wish Malik would do that. Options, man.
I could see why Malik is though. He's over college, he used KU as a springboard to the NBA. He's betting on himself and is 100 percent committed. It was always the plan, no matter how the season turned out for him. He played his way into a better draft position with his hot postseason.

I see what you're saying though. Selfishly I'd love to see Malik back just to have some stability in the backcourt and someone the young guys can lean on.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 173
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up