Page 93 of 112
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:13 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Cardinals are going to try and trade Hopkins this off season. 2 years 34 left on his deal. I’d probably rather try to keep Juju at that rate, but if that doesn’t work out I would be intrigued :-)
He'll have to demand a new contract with the trade, right?

But man, I've mentioned how that potential give me Moss to 2007 New England vibes.
[Reply]
irafreak 04:18 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It’s even more amazing when you realize that KC is easily better than everyone above them and did it without the benefit of high draft picks.
All the afc teams that have more available resources, need a qb. We're in great shape.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:33 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by irafreak:
All the afc teams that have more available resources, need a qb. We're in great shape.
Bengals are the one team in a similar position cap wise as us with an elite roster and a QB on his rookie deal, but that lasts for one more year. In 2024 Joe Burrow, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, DJ Reader, Chidobe Awuzie, Logan Wilson, and Jonah Williams are FAs. Hendrickson, Mixon, Chase, and Collins are FA in 2025. Burrow and Chase alone will probably command a combined $80 million a year by then. They’re going to lose a lot of talent and I just can’t wait until those Ohio trash fall from glory.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:51 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Bengals are the one team in a similar position cap wise as us with an elite roster and a QB on his rookie deal, but that lasts for one more year. In 2024 Joe Burrow, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, DJ Reader, Chidobe Awuzie, Logan Wilson, and Jonah Williams are FAs. Hendrickson, Mixon, Chase, and Collins are FA in 2025. Burrow and Chase alone will probably command a combined $80 million a year by then. They’re going to lose a lot of talent and I just can’t wait until those Ohio trash fall from glory.
Also remember that guaranteed money needs to go into escrow up front. Mike Brown is poor as far as owners go and cheap because of it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:07 PM 01-18-2023
https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/ins...e-star-players
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:51 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/ins...e-star-players
behind a paywall, can you copy and quote the chiefs?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:54 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Also remember that guaranteed money needs to go into escrow up front. Mike Brown is poor as far as owners go and cheap because of it.
Yeah, but I also think that's why you see some of those 'rolling guarantees' where the money isn't guaranteed until a couple of years before it's actually due. Combine that with a decent signing bonus and Brown could probably hold off paying that money into escrow for a bit.

And I also don't think he'll have an issue getting a bank to loan him the coin if he needs it. He's got a pretty sweet little piece of collateral...

Being cash poor is only a viable excuse for these guys if they want it to be. Especially the ones that inherited the team - those guys are sitting on billions in franchise equity with no real debt service to speak of. They can come up with capital if they wanted to.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:02 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Originally Posted by :
3. Kansas City Chiefs

Despite originally picking near the bottom of each round, the Chiefs came out of the 2022 draft with an excellent group of useful players. The Chiefs and Tennessee Titans were the only teams this year to have at least six rookies worth 10 or more total points, according to SIS charting metrics. (The Jets and Seahawks had five such rookies, with no other team above four.)

The Kansas City draft class starts at cornerback, with three rookies getting significant playing time. First-round pick Trent McDuffie, chosen with a pick acquired in trade from the Patriots, played just 11 games because of injury but started each one and allowed just 5.0 yards per target. McDuffie was one of the players whose injuries forced fourth-round pick Joshua Williams into the lineup, and he had a strong 53% completion rate, allowed although a couple of big plays given up meant he allowed a poor 8.7 yards per target. Seventh-round pick Jaylen Watson also started six games; he had a higher completion rate allowed than Williams (60%) but a lower yards-per-target figure (7.2).

With their own first-round pick, the Chiefs took edge rusher George Karlaftis. He started every game and had six sacks and 40 pressures. Running back Isiah Pacheco took over the starting job around midseason and averaged 4.9 yards per carry with five touchdowns. The Chiefs also got small contributions from backup safety Bryan Cook and wide receiver Skyy Moore.

[Reply]
Infidel Goat 01-18-2023, 05:19 PM
This message has been deleted by Infidel Goat. Reason: Dup - didn't see TwistedChief's reply somehow
tredadda 12:46 PM 01-19-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If you have an iPhone you can bypass that.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:39 AM 02-13-2023
He was pretty much on the money on every single move he made this year.

This is weird. I’ve never had so much trust for a GM. It’s like the complete opposite of King Carl.

I almost trust Brett as much as my own damn wife.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:42 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He was pretty much on the money on every single move he made this year.

This is weird. I’ve never had so much trust for a GM. It’s like the complete opposite of King Carl.

I almost trust Brett as much as my own damn wife.
"Just trust me on this one, honey. I know how much you want this paint color in the living room, but if Brett ever gets back to me, I think you'll be happier with his choice!"
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:47 AM 02-13-2023
Roseman is also a hell of a GM. Reddick would have looked good in KC, but Philly got him. Hurts was a great pick. AJ Brown was probably worth the contract.

We'll see how good he does once Hurts is getting paid.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:48 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Roseman is also a hell of a GM. Reddick would have looked good in KC, but Philly got him. Hurts was a great pick. AJ Brown was probably worth the contract.

We'll see how good he does once Hurts is getting paid.
Honestly might be the best two GMs in the league.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:51 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Honestly might be the best two GMs in the league.
Not bad for both guys being nothing but Andy Reid yes men!

Right, Chiefshrink?
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 12:52 AM 02-13-2023
Veach is just piling up the street cred.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 112
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103 > Last »
Up