ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 324
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:54 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Front load contract, re-up after 4 years if he is still cooking.

I mean AB got 4 years 68 Million, so I guess you could bump it to 80 Million for 5 Years.
Yeah.....two years ago.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:11 PM 02-01-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Front load contract, re-up after 4 years if he is still cooking.

I mean AB got 4 years 68 Million, so I guess you could bump it to 80 Million for 5 Years.
Tyreek is not going to take $16M per year when that’s what Watkins got.

He’s going to be the highest paid WR in the league soon, at least until Michael Thomas gets a new deal.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:23 AM 02-02-2019
One thing that I wouldn’t mind from Veach here soon is Kendall Fuller extension.

He didn’t have a great year compared to his 2017 season, but I’ve got a feeling he will bounce back and be really good in this new defense for 2019. Right now we might be able to get him a little cheaper than if he were to have a great season ahead of hitting the market.

Plus, he’s still only 23 years old. TWENTY THREE. He’ll be 24 before the season starts, but still. That’s a rookie age for some people.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
One thing that I wouldn’t mind from Veach here soon is Kendall Fuller extension.

He didn’t have a great year compared to his 2017 season, but I’ve got a feeling he will bounce back and be really good in this new defense for 2019. Right now we might be able to get him a little cheaper than if he were to have a great season ahead of hitting the market.

Plus, he’s still only 23 years old. TWENTY THREE. He’ll be 24 before the season starts, but still. That’s a rookie age for some people.
I've been thinking the same thing recently. Buy low.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:37 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've been thinking the same thing recently. Buy low.
I love the intangible side of things with that kid too. Seems like a great guy to have in your locker room. Loves the game, works hard, showed tremendous toughness this season with his injury.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 02-02-2019
If we release Houston, do we just roll with Speaks? So Speaks, Ford on the tag, Tanoh and a high draft pick?

Or do we spend some money and sign a big name DE and have them get a low first year cap hit to offset Ford’s tag # and then have money free for them when Ford is gone in 2020?
[Reply]
Chargem 10:06 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If we release Houston, do we just roll with Speaks? So Speaks, Ford on the tag, Tanoh and a high draft pick?

Or do we spend some money and sign a big name DE and have them get a low first year cap hit to offset Ford’s tag # and then have money free for them when Ford is gone in 2020?
I don't think you can sign a decent DE and keep Ford, no matter how you structure it. That's why you are cutting Houston in the first place.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:08 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

In that scenario, I think you sign a cheaper guy who you think could play some snaps for you if needed and you draft an end early if one is available that they like a lot.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:10 AM 02-02-2019
If you wind up keeping Houston and letting Ford go, I’m signing Shane Ray if the price is reasonable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I don't think you can sign a decent DE and keep Ford, no matter how you structure it. That's why you are cutting Houston in the first place.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:21 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you wind up keeping Houston and letting Ford go, I’m signing Shane Ray if the price is reasonable.
And CP continues to create threads about brokedick assholes.

Shane Ray is a brokedick JAG.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:09 AM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
And CP continues to create threads about brokedick assholes.

Shane Ray is a brokedick JAG.
Lol, whatever.

He was stuck behind two HOFers early in his career, finally got to play more his third year where he put up 8 sacks, and then got injured. Denver drafts Chubb, leaving no spot for Ray this year.

I’m not saying he’s a star but I bet he’s as motivated as ever and he has the ability to be a solid contributor somewhere.
[Reply]
O.city 11:18 AM 02-02-2019
Ray is the type of player they’re gonna have to sign and hope to get value

Some of you guys wanting them to sign a big name need to look around at the cap space some of these shitbird teams have. It’s nuts
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:47 PM 02-02-2019
Veach would have more credibility in peoples' eyes if it weren't for the Watkins and Hitchens contracts. I know I'm one of the biggest culprits on this forum for bitching about his first draft, but had he either played it safe in free agency last year or acquired only players whose production could match their contract, we'd be doing just fine moving forward with more cap space and fewer question marks. His draft would be more widely thought of as just the best he could do with the picks he had, hoping to hit on some dudes with high potential.

The good news is that those two "mistakes" can be fixable. The Sammy Watkins deal is short term. We don't have to keep him for the 3rd year of that deal if he can't give us better production and stay healthy.

And I think a big reason Spagnuolo was chosen is he offered the greatest chance for us salvaging Hitchens and making him the player we thought we were getting when we acquired him. If Hitchens turns into the reliable guy we needed this season but didn't get, then the contract isn't a problem at all to our cap.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:31 PM 02-02-2019
Even looking at Watkins though, is the AFCCG close without him? I’m not sure.

Injury record is questionable at this point but he sure does make a difference out there.
[Reply]
Page 125 of 324
« First < 2575115121122123124125 126127128129135175225 > Last »
Up