ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Defense is better without Jones?
JakeF 02:06 PM 10-19-2019
Denver's offensive line is weak so all of this is wait and see but we definitely seem to have a more structured Defense without Jones. Jones' talent is undeniable but his play has a serious flaw. He abandons the run to attack the QB.

With Jones gone, we have 2 bigger guys in the middle who play the run 1st. They also protect our linebackers who are freed up to read and attack. With the center of our defense now anchored, the outside guys (clark,ogbah, okafor) can be more aggressive. It also keeps the middle of the field clear for our safeties.

That's what seemed to change for our defense against Denver.

Hitchens played his best game and Ragland showed up like he never has before. Frank Clark was better and Matheiu was more aggressive.

Having DT's that protect your LBs is so important. I would rather have Clark,Okafor and Ogbah getting sacks than Jones.

I think Hitchens and Ragland can even start getting some sacks without guards in their face on every play.

:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:30 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hitchens said they didn’t do anything different. There mentality was different he said
But they did. Gap assignment was much better. That’s not just a Chris Jones thing, either.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:31 PM 10-19-2019
I just wonder if this new scheme makes Jones less valuable to the team. I cant see us paying Jones 22 million a year at this point.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:34 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
But they did. Gap assignment was much better. That’s not just a Chris Jones thing, either.
Darron Lee out and Ragland in was much better as well. Of course Ragland played the middle and Hitchens slid over in Lee's spot. It was vastly better.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:39 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This stupid ass Jones goes rogue is just some over blown saying that was initially used as an excuse by people to defend Frank Clark. "Chris Jones is only rushing the passer so well because he goes rogue and Frank Clark holds his edge", Its ****ing retarded.
Chris Jones has looked like the DT version of Dee Ford. He’s missing games consistently, he’s not holding his gap against the run and he’s not a complete player.

He’s abandoning his gap vs the run to rush the passer bc he wants to get paid.

It’s looking more and more like Veach did the right thing giving Frank Clark big money and not Chris Jones.

And if Chris Jones wants Frank Clark money, we need to trade his ass.
[Reply]
farmerchief 08:57 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Chris Jones has looked like the DT version of Dee Ford. He’s missing games consistently, he’s not holding his gap against the run and he’s not a complete player.

It’s looking more and more like Veach did the right thing giving Frank Clark big money and not Chris Jones.

Kind of reminds me of the game Marcus Paters didn’t play, and our D was much,much,better.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:08 PM 10-19-2019

The things you will read on this board..:-)

Chris Jones has not missed single game in his 4 year career except the last two games. This is the definition of a durable player.

Chris Jones is an All-Pro player and absolutely deserving. He is probably ranked as a top 50 player in the league by most analysts. And 15 sacks by a DT is fucking 15 sacks by a DT. While Jones is not elite against the run, he had 19 tackles for a loss last year as per Pro Football Reference. I repeat, 19 tackles for loss. Those 19 tackles for a loss were not all on pass plays. You get it.

And I was the one to tell some fans on this board that he was/is not the 2nd best DT in the game but Fletcher Cox was/is.

Chris Jones is an elite player and would greatly help any defense in this league.

That's all you need to know.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:11 PM 10-19-2019

Ummm what? Missing games consistently? You're trolling. Not even worth it.

Holy shit, so I guess youre not trolling. You are just incredibly stupid. Missing 2 games in his entire career is now missing games consistently? Abandoning his gap consistently? Can I get some proof of him abandoning his gap, cuz after the lies you used to defend Frank Clark it's hard to trust anything you say. You used this as one of your defenses of Clark and all the other excuses you kept spouting off were lies, so I find it hard to believe that this is true.

Lol it's looking more and more like Veach made the right move paying Clark over Jones? You're so full of shit. You're basing this off of one game and ignoring every other game? You keep beating that chest because Frank had 2 sacks against a shit line and the worst QB in the league. Jones deserves more money than Frank should ever see. He has looked completely dominant in multiple games and Clark has looked like shit until the stars aligned.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:11 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:

Chris Jones has not missed single game in his 4 year career except the last two games. This is the definition of a durable player.

Chris Jones is an All-Pro player and absolutely deserving. He is probably ranked as a top 50 player in the league by most analysts. And 15 sacks by a DT is ****ing 15 sacks by a DT. While Jones is not elite against the run, he had 19 tackles for a loss last year as per Pro Football Reference. I repeat, 19 tackles for loss. Those 19 tackles for a loss were not all on pass plays. You get it.

And I was the one to tell some fans on this board that he was/is not the 2nd best DT in the game but Fletcher Cox was/is.

Chris Jones is an elite player and would greatly help any defense in this league.

He's trolling. I'm pretty sure he's not that big of a fucking retard.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:14 PM 10-19-2019
He's trolling. I'm pretty sure he's not that big of a ****ing retard.
He was not.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:20 PM 10-19-2019

Chris Jones is an All-Pro player and absolutely deserving. He is probably ranked as a top 50 player in the league by most analysts. And 15 sacks by a DT is ****ing 15 sacks by a DT. While Jones is not elite against the run, he had 19 tackles for a loss last year as per Pro Football Reference. I repeat, 19 tackles for loss. Those 19 tackles for a loss were not all on pass plays. You get it.

He missed the Titans playoff game with a knee injury (surgery), he was out of the Pats game last year at the end with an injury and now he’s out again.

I like Chris Jones. I want to keep him. But he needs to understand that he’s got 2 sacks this year and he has one great year of play, last year.

He’s worth Fletcher Cox money and I hope he takes that offer. He’s not worth Frank Clark money or Aaron Donald money.

Chiefs need to try to keep him, but at the right price. It’s critical we don’t overpay players when Pat gets paid.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:51 PM 10-19-2019
He missed the Titans playoff game with a knee injury (surgery), he was out of the Pats game last year at the end with an injury and now he’s out again.

I like Chris Jones. I want to keep him. But he needs to understand that he’s got 2 sacks this year and he has one great year of play, last year.

He’s worth Fletcher Cox money and I hope he takes that offer. He’s not worth Frank Clark money or Aaron Donald money.

Chiefs need to try to keep him, but at the right price. It’s critical we don’t overpay players when Pat gets paid.
He did not miss the Titans playoff game and since you lied about that and pretty much everything else, then I don't believe you that he missed the end of the Pats game.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:58 PM 10-19-2019
He did not miss the Titans playoff game and since you lied about that and pretty much everything else, then I don't believe you that he missed the end of the Pats game.
I checked. Jones tore his MCL and missed the second half of the Titans game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:21 PM 10-19-2019
I checked. Jones tore his MCL and missed the second half of the Titans game.
He still played. Ole LieKC said he missed the game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:49 PM 10-19-2019
Spags will figure it out.
[Reply]
JakeF 10:51 PM 10-19-2019

Chris Jones is an All-Pro player and absolutely deserving. He is probably ranked as a top 50 player in the league by most analysts. And 15 sacks by a DT is fucking 15 sacks by a DT. While Jones is not elite against the run, he had 19 tackles for a loss last year as per Pro Football Reference. I repeat, 19 tackles for loss. Those 19 tackles for a loss were not all on pass plays. You get it.

fine, then our DC needs to configure his defense scheme around the fact that he will have a gaping hole in the middle of his defensive line on most plays.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up