ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 22
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:55 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Well, maybe the OL? :-)
Shady 5.3 YPC behind the same line.

Argument, invalid.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:01 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Chief Fan claimed that he’s better than Kareem Hunt. I’m not kidding.

I don’t know about Chief Fan, but you really need to stop having your period over Kareem Hunt.

He’s fucking gone. Get over it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:15 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Well, maybe the OL? :-)
Nope, can assure you it's not the OLs fault.
[Reply]
TEX 05:55 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don’t know about Chief Fan, but you really need to stop having your period over Kareem Hunt.

He’s ****ing gone. Get over it.
Naw, there were a lot of really stupid people on CP saying K Hunt would not be missed, mostly because of Damien Williams. We know Kareem Hunt is gone, but the stupid people who said it are still here. They need to be reminded how stupid they are so maybe they'll learn something.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:45 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Naw, there were a lot of really stupid people on CP saying K Hunt would not be missed, mostly because of Damien Williams. We know Kareem Hunt is gone, but the stupid people who said it are still here. They need to be reminded how stupid they are so maybe they'll learn something.
If I had to guess, I would say the Chiefs have gone 9-3 in the regular season since cutting Hunt. How do you define "miss"?

Was Hunt better than anything we have on the roster now? Absolutely yes. Does it matter that much that we cut him, in the grand scheme of things? I don't really think so.
[Reply]
TEX 07:06 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
If I had to guess, I would say the Chiefs have gone 9-3 in the regular season since cutting Hunt. How do you define "miss"?

Was Hunt better than anything we have on the roster now? Absolutely yes. Does it matter that much that we cut him, in the grand scheme of things? I don't really think so.
Um...the farther we get away from the short term and move closer to the "grand scheme of things," the loss becomes more apparent. You can think what you want.
[Reply]
Chargem 07:29 AM 10-20-2019
Um...the farther we get away from the short term and move closer to the "grand scheme of things," the loss becomes more apparent. You can think what you want.
Clearly the grand scheme of things, from the context of my post, was team wins and losses? And I was literally talking about the most recent regular season games played, this year and last year. How is that getting away from the short term?

The Chiefs locked up the 1 seed last year after they cut him, so how did his loss hurt? Were you hoping for the zero seed, or the minus 5 seed or something?

Do you really think +Hunt -Williams means we win either of the Colts or Texans games this year?

It doesn't take a genius to work out that Hunt is indeed better than Williams. It takes an incredible leap of faith on "what ifs" to think cutting him hurt the team significantly, or even caused a single additional loss of a game.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:38 AM 10-20-2019
I think some of Williams numbers are situational.

We leaned Shady earlier in the game.

When we had a big lead and were trying to ice the game, we leaned Williams, probably for ball security reasons. It's not like the defense didn't know what's coming.

That said, I like Darrel Williams a lot, and I think he and Shady make a nice 1-2 punch. Time for Darwin to start getting some snaps too.

We need to play Martyball these next few weeks.
[Reply]
TEX 07:43 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Clearly the grand scheme of things, from the context of my post, was team wins and losses? And I was literally talking about the most recent regular season games played, this year and last year. How is that getting away from the short term?

The Chiefs locked up the 1 seed last year after they cut him, so how did his loss hurt? Were you hoping for the zero seed, or the minus 5 seed or something?

Do you really think +Hunt -Williams means we win either of the Colts or Texans games this year?

It doesn't take a genius to work out that Hunt is indeed better than Williams. It takes an incredible leap of faith on "what ifs" to think cutting him hurt the team significantly, or even caused a single additional loss of a game.
Dude, talk all you want and maybe you'll convince yourself, but that's as far as anything you're saying goes.

1 example - McCoy's fumble agsinst Colts. That does not happen with K Hunt. Game changing.

I could go on but Im not because anyone who thinks like you on this subject is too bent on their own takes, even when you keep giving them examples. Again, think what you want. Im done here. You can even have the last word. You can have all the last words, and you'll still be wrong...
[Reply]
lcarus 07:45 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
sure wish he was 3-4 years younger so we could ride him harder
I bet the ladies say the same about him
[Reply]
Chargem 08:00 AM 10-20-2019
Dude, talk all you want and maybe you'll convince yourself, but that's as far as anything you're saying goes.

1 example - McCoy's fumble agsinst Colts. That does not happen with K Hunt. Game changing.

I could go on but Im not because anyone who thinks like you on this subject is too bent on their own takes, even when you keep giving them examples. Again, think what you want. Im done here. You can even have the last word. You can have all the last words, and you'll still be wrong...
Okay, I'll happily take the last words.

It's ironic that you talk about not being able to make me change my mind, when you are also completely unwilling to consider changing your mind at all - and your argument is based on beliefs ("I believe that Hunt wouldn't have had that ball punched out on that screen by the blindside guy") you categorically can't prove, and I'm trying to base my side of the argument on fact as much as possible, e.g. for Hunt to be a significant loss they would have had to performed poorly after he was cut - e.g. lose the one seed, not having a great winning record since cutting him...
[Reply]
PHOG 08:58 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Shady 5.3 YPC behind the same line.

Argument, invalid.
Oh, ok, I stand corrected.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:10 AM 10-20-2019
You can't just look at the Hunt situation benignly. If we keep him on the team, with a suspension last year, we are hounded about it the last 6 games and we don't finish like we did. Then Tyreek's situation comes up this spring, we most likely cut Tyreek due to the scrutiny before the facts came out. Tyreek is way more important to this offense than Hunt.

Everyone acts like these decisions don't have ramifications, both good and bad.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:04 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You can't just look at the Hunt situation benignly. If we keep him on the team, with a suspension last year, we are hounded about it the last 6 games and we don't finish like we did. Then Tyreek's situation comes up this spring, we most likely cut Tyreek due to the scrutiny before the facts came out. Tyreek is way more important to this offense than Hunt.

Everyone acts like these decisions don't have ramifications, both good and bad.
:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:09 AM 10-20-2019
At this point we should start with Shady and feed Darrel as the game goes on.

I'd give Damien one more game to get his shit together before I resort to activating Darwin and giving him Damien's reps.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 22
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up