ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 22
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 01:47 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
He’s still been a pretty good receiver though. Maybe we should use him like the Bears use Cohen.
yep..d. will is always a threat to score ..shady will never score unless its inside the 10
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:23 AM 10-19-2019
Team average of 3.89 with him vs. 4.74 for everyone else.
[Reply]
bobhill 03:21 AM 10-19-2019
I thought it was by commity anyway , so does it even matter? Or use each running back to their strengths, while keeping fresh legs in
[Reply]
Chargem 03:39 AM 10-19-2019
Damien had 6 of his 9 rushes in the 4th quarter, when the Chiefs were already 3 scores clear and Andy was in full "run down the clock" mode. You can't really blame him for the stats that game.

The O line has really been the problem in the running game, the back ups have generally done okay in pass protection but have been garbage in the run game, so the sample sizes for the running back by committee approach are so small it's hard to really tell anything, other than the O line cannot open holes for anyone.

Damien is an average to below average rusher, and Shady is better, but the reason Damien is on the team is because his speed makes him a great match up in the passing game. Schematically he's a great fit for Reid, and you can't always only put him on the field when you're trying to pass for obvious reasons so you have to let him do his average rushing sometimes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:09 AM 10-19-2019
Is it my imagination or wasn't it just a few weeks ago that there were a lot of people on this board that thought Damien was clearly the best RB on the team?

Interesting . . .

Last season he started 3 games(?), rushed 50 times for 256 yards. That's 5.1 yards/carry. So we know that he can run effectively. But his career suggests that he's a receiving RB more than a running one.

I never paid any attention to him until he became a Chief and only after Hunt left the team. But I seem to remember he had some games in which he performed fairly well.

Maybe he needs a decent OL to perform better. I remember him running really well (don't remember any of his stats, but he looked good, I think) in the playoff game against the Colts. He gashed them pretty good, didn't he?

Honestly, I don't have a clue what's going on with him this year. He just doesn't seem to be finding the soft spot in the defense this year. Maybe he's not letting his blockers set up. Maybe he's overthinking. It's weird because he's under-performing anything he's ever done in his career, by a significant margin. Almost two yards/carry under, and there's no obvious reason for it.

However, if there's anyone that can help him be more productive, it's gotta be EB. And I think he might be important to the team against Green Bay and the Vikings. We're going to need his speed against those two defenses, IMO.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:29 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think McCoy is the #1 back now, right?
McCoy has zero ball security. He's going to fumble one a way and cost us a game. No doubt.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 05:32 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
McCoy has zero ball security. He's going to fumble one a way and cost us a game. No doubt.
he already did against the colts..

he also has no nose for the endzone..he gets in the open field alot makes one guy miss and then gets tracked down
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:42 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Donnell Bennett ,Derrick Blaylock, Harvey Williams, Dante Hall before WR switch, and Jesse Haynes

On the top of my head, and no Google
I loved when we used Donnell Bennett to close out games back then on them worn out defenses.
[Reply]
493rd 05:44 AM 10-19-2019
Like I said...losing Hunt killed us. None of guys are good for much; we’ll addresss it in the draft I’m sure.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:49 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
hes just not being used properly this year..Andys love affair of Shady is hurting this team

Total bullshit. McCoy is clearly the better back. He started the the Denver game and all of a sudden we have a running game! Your boy Damien must be still dinged and just isn’t producing. They should make him inactive and let Darwin get his touches!
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:55 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Total bullshit. McCoy is clearly the better back. He started the the Denver game and all of a sudden we have a running game! Your boy Damien must be still dinged and just isn’t producing. They should make him inactive and let Darwin get his touches!

If Andy runs Darwin up the middle again....he'll have a short career!
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:55 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
McCoy is tied for third best ypc in the NFL at 5.4.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:55 AM 10-19-2019
Yep. It looks like we traded the wrong back to the Texans. I would much rather have Hyde that Damien Williams at this point.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
hes just not being used properly this year..Andys love affair of Shady is hurting this team

Lol please explain how he’s not “being used properly”?
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:00 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Darrel should get his snaps, no doubt. He’s shown much more this season. Keep Damien around for the occasional screen or wheel route, he’s good at those.
This
[Reply]
Page 4 of 22
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up