ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Matty "Midnight Hour" Moore
rabblerouser 07:34 PM 10-18-2019
Looks a bit like a creepy uncle who drinks a bit too much...often. Like Freddie Mercury on steroids and booze.

He also had a couple decent throws, and a couple that could've been picked.

Like it or not, he's our boy for the next couple of games, and if he can split between Green Bay and Vikings, I'll consider it a success.

Reid has 10 days to dust off some of those Alex Smiff "don't let the QB lose it for us" game plans and coach this piece of shit up. This is Reid's specialty - taking JAG QBs and making them look like viable NFL starters.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:50 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
watching Moore's highlight reel there (and understanding it's a highlight reel)

I see pretty good pocket awareness, I see pretty damned good ball placement on even long throws although with nowhere near the velocity that Patrick has.

I see a guy who plays with no fear.

I think we could do a lot worse.
As someone who watched Moore in college, the main issue with Moore is that he is very streaky. He will go through periods where he looks amazing and then go through periods where he looks dreadful. I haven't followed his pro career as closely but it looks like that trend continued.

In the Moore GIF thread, I linked to his game against USC his senior year where he just lit them up and the Beavers beat USC who were #3 at the time. In the broadcast, the announcers were talking about how Moore had been booed in the previous home game because he played so poorly and they were amazed at how poised he looked in the USC game (the Beavers started out 2-3 that year before winning 8 of 9 to finish the season, including a comeback win against Mizzou in the Sun Bowl). He as also been a bit injury prone. In the pros, it seemed like every time he had a chance to become a starter, he would get hurt and lose his job.

If we get Good Matt, we'll be fine. If we get Bad Matt, we will be fucked. However, if there is anyone that I think could bring out Good Matt consistently, it would be Reid. He has had a knack of turning chicken shit into chicken salad.
[Reply]
FAX 03:16 PM 10-19-2019
What we're really looking for is Chicken Piccata. With a side of 100-yard rushing.

FAX
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:34 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Moore is not good. The Chiefs are in big trouble. The only saving grace is the division is not very good. 10 - 6 might win it. For that matter, the whole AFC is down, so maybe 9 - 7 gets in. On a posotive note, the Chiefs are a good road team, and if they get close to full strength down the stretch, they can go on a good run. If they make the playoffs, they can win anywhere, except N.E. Even there though, they'll have a shot.
Now don't you start with that shit, Mr. Tex. I have it on good authority that we have the coachingest coach that ever coached a coach. You just kick back and relax, sir.

I must confess; I have a weak spot for Billy Idol.

I have a super creepy southern gothic rendition of 'White Wedding' that I pull out on occasion.
I'm intrigued.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:14 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Moore is not good. The Chiefs are in big trouble. The only saving grace is the division is not very good. 10 - 6 might win it. For that matter, the whole AFC is down, so maybe 9 - 7 gets in. On a posotive note, the Chiefs are a good road team, and if they get close to full strength down the stretch, they can go on a good run. If they make the playoffs, they can win anywhere, except N.E. Even there though, they'll have a shot.
Moore’ll be fine and we’ll be fine, debbie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:34 PM 10-19-2019

I see pretty good pocket awareness, I see pretty damned good ball placement on even long throws although with nowhere near the velocity that Patrick has.

He's Damon Huard.

History is about to repeat itself in more ways than one.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:40 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Click user CP and scroll towards the bottom. 'Helpful Answers' will tell you who's liking/disliking your content.
Thanks. Not worried about it though.

it might've been me on accident. I remember trying to hit a like on a post and it was so small I hit the thumbs down.

If it wasn't that one, I owe someone else an 'oops, sorry.
If it was you, no worries. Not like I care about red or green flags.

I noticed recently that's it's happened more than a half dozen times in the last couple weeks on various threads I've posted on. It started after I neg repped a guy for being an insufferable petulant child. No need to embarrass him further by dropping his handle here, but after that incident, someone's been red-handing a lot of my posts. Eventually he'll probably grow up and let it go. If not, well I've had worse.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:42 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
What we're really looking for is Chicken Piccata. With a side of 100-yard rushing.

FAX
I make a mean chicken piccata.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:55 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
If I remember correctly, George, Haley actually won a game with Tyler Palko at QB. Better success than he had with Brodie Croyle. So, let's hope Moore's not as bad as Croyle.
Palko was 1-3 in two season in starts for the Chiefs. His only win was on a fluke hail mary pass to Dexter McCleon to upset the Bears.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:11 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Palko was 1-3 in two season in starts for the Chiefs. His only win was on a fluke hail mary pass to Dexter McCleon to upset the Bears.
Which still leaves Croyle as the only Chiefs QB to have won zero games as a starter.

I'm not even sure he played in a game that we won (besides sitting on the bench).

Wow.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:13 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
We almost beat the Steelers on a Sunday Night with Palko, IIRC the refs totally screwed us over on that one...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:15 PM 10-19-2019
I always thought Moore was better than Henne.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:17 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I always thought Moore was better than Henne.
Didn't he replace Henne in Miami?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:24 PM 10-19-2019
Not a fan of Moore but he’s our guy, there won’t be anyone else coming in to save the day so I’m 100% behind him until Pat’s back. Hopefully, with our weapons, he’ll find enough success to beat two of the next four, Pat can rest his kneecap and ankle, and we’ll be no worse than 7-4 when Pat returns.

Go kick some ass Matt...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:29 PM 10-19-2019

I just did the same exercise and agree.

He’s tough as nails and not afraid to throw it downfield.

My guess is that with Andy Reid and a slew of dynamic weapons, we will squeeze out a couple wins so long as the defense isn’t complete AIDS.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 05:36 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Thanks. Not worried about it though.

If it was you, no worries. Not like I care about red or green flags.

I noticed recently that's it's happened more than a half dozen times in the last couple weeks on various threads I've posted on. It started after I neg repped a guy for being an insufferable petulant child. No need to embarrass him further by dropping his handle here, but after that incident, someone's been red-handing a lot of my posts. Eventually he'll probably grow up and let it go. If not, well I've had worse.
You could always stab them with an ice pick?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up