ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Matty "Midnight Hour" Moore
rabblerouser 07:34 PM 10-18-2019
Looks a bit like a creepy uncle who drinks a bit too much...often. Like Freddie Mercury on steroids and booze.

He also had a couple decent throws, and a couple that could've been picked.

Like it or not, he's our boy for the next couple of games, and if he can split between Green Bay and Vikings, I'll consider it a success.

Reid has 10 days to dust off some of those Alex Smiff "don't let the QB lose it for us" game plans and coach this piece of shit up. This is Reid's specialty - taking JAG QBs and making them look like viable NFL starters.
[Reply]
FAX 09:37 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
"Midnight Hour" Moore, that's good; I like it. Very '70s.

Moore is actually probably a better Qb than I originally gave him credit for. He has been the "Offensive Rookie of the Month," as well as the "Offensive AFC Player of the Week," during his career.

His W/L record in games started is 15-15, which might not be great, but it's not bad either. Especially considering that his record was compiled playing for three different teams and however many different OCs/playbooks. He's basically Alex Smith. Which is better than a lot of JAGs.

He's not going to try to make a name for himself and try to do too much. He's going to protect the football.

He doesn't seem to be gifted in any particular way. He doesn't have a big arm. He doesn't have great wheels. But he's been in enough games and won enough games in relief that he's not going to panic either. And he seems to be pretty smart with the football. He's going to be consistent.

He is going to need a lot of help, though. The running game is going to have to be more productive than it's been to date. He isn't going to throw downfield a lot, so the dink and dunk game is going to be a big part of our offense going forward for a while. And our defense is probably going to have to step up. We're probably going to have to hope for low-scoring games; don't think we want to get in a shoot-out with anyone right now.

Anyway, hopefully getting a lot of snaps in practice this week and next week will knock a lot of the rust off. Might make a lot of difference if we could get Watkins back for the Pack. Fisher too.
I don't know why any Planeteer would "down-vote" this dissertation, Mr. Megatron96. Have you an enemy? Are you engaged in a secret fight against the forces of evil? Did you once get drunk and bang a chick on the run from her baby daddy? If so, don't give up. That's what I always say.

I seriously doubt that Midnight has had the kind of coach that he has now. And I'm certain he's never been around this level of offensive talent.

All he has to do is execute the plays when our patented OC Relay Staff calls them out to his magic helmet and avoid trying to act the hero. If our other guys (including the run game) step up, we'll survive these tragic times.

The players will want to win for Mahomes, the coaches will want to demonstrate their chicken salad skills, and Midnight will want to let it all hang out. That's a recipe for 2 and 2 if I ever heard one.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 09:42 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Released in 1983, that’s ‘70s?
The man known as "Exciting" Wilson Pickett, dude ...

Mid-sixties.

FAX
[Reply]
VAChief 09:45 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Released in 1983, that’s ‘70s?
No released in 1965 originally by Wilson Pickett.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 09:46 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Yeah, he's not the greatest. Veatch plucked him off the street in August coaching high school football. Moore was a scout at Kyler Murray's pro day! But "Midnight Hour" is a way cool nickname. Let's hope he's not Tyler Palko awful for the next month.
If I remember correctly, George, Haley actually won a game with Tyler Palko at QB. Better success than he had with Brodie Croyle. So, let's hope Moore's not as bad as Croyle.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:47 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
The man known as "Exciting" Wilson Pickett, dude ...

Mid-sixties.

FAX
I was thinking more like ex-Generation X front man Billy Idol, "in the midnight hour, Matt Moore, Moore, Moore...with a rebel yell, she cried Moore, Moore, Moore...", which was actually released in 1983, but I digress :

the Wicked Pickett is close to my heart, as well...

Either one works for our purposes, Mr. FAX THE MUSICALLY INCLINED.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:50 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I don't see Henne as an answer and it still leaves us with only 1 QB for next week. I believe the smart thing is to promote Shurmur off the PS. Neither Henne or Moore are signed past this year, so let's look at a long term solution.
Yup, it's Shurmer.
[Reply]
FAX 09:50 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I was thinking more like ex-Generation X front man Billy Idol, "in the midnight hour, Matt Moore, Moore, Moore...with a rebel yell, she cried Moore, Moore, Moore...", which was actually released in 1983, but I digress :

the Wicked Pickett is close to my heart, as well...

Either one works for our purposes, Mr. FAX THE MUSICALLY INCLINED.
Your idea is superior in every way, Mr. rabblerouser.

Billy it is. And I'll fight any undernourished drunk girl who says it isn't.

FAX
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:52 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Your idea is superior in every way, Mr. rabblerouser.

Billy it is. And I'll fight any undernourished drunk girl who says it isn't.

FAX
As long as you don't kick her in the butt on video then lie about it to your boss...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:23 AM 10-19-2019
I must confess; I have a weak spot for Billy Idol.

I have a super creepy southern gothic rendition of 'White Wedding' that I pull out on occasion.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:33 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I have a super creepy southern gothic rendition of 'White Wedding' that I pull out on occasion.
Steve Stevens is kind of a badass...
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:39 AM 10-19-2019
He went to Oregon State and I read somewhere his nickname in college was “Big Beaver.”

Now, I love Wilson Pickett and Midnight Hour is a great song. But Big Beaver is an awesome nickname.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:50 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
His indian name is "Runs with Whiskey"
I that it was "neck of wagging dog"
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:00 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Rebel Yell is a great fucking song and it’s been stuck in my head since I saw this thread title
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:04 PM 10-19-2019
I know the offense is not going to be stretching the field nearly as much but I would like to see him sneak in a few deep balls to Hill just to keep the defense honest. Hell I think those tend to be safer passes for a backup than those mid-range passes across the middle. If they just force a safety to remain back to keep an eye on hell that keeps the box a little less cluttered.

This is a spot where Watkins would really help us. We are going to need to pick up 3rd downs the hard way and I think that's more Watkins game compared to Robinson's. With Hardman being a rookie not sure how much he will gel with Moore.

Really Watkins, Kelce, and the backs will be the offense if Andy has a choice right? Some quick hitters to Hill. Maybe a deep ball here and there.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:10 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Rebel Yell is a great ****ing song and it’s been stuck in my head since I saw this thread title
The whole album is great. "Flesh for Fantasy", "Eyes Without A Face", "Catch My Fall", "Dead Next Door"...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Yell_(album)

Originally Posted by :
Idol got the idea of the album's title after attending a party with The Rolling Stones and drinking the Rebel Yell whiskey.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up