ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Matty "Midnight Hour" Moore
rabblerouser 07:34 PM 10-18-2019
Looks a bit like a creepy uncle who drinks a bit too much...often. Like Freddie Mercury on steroids and booze.

He also had a couple decent throws, and a couple that could've been picked.

Like it or not, he's our boy for the next couple of games, and if he can split between Green Bay and Vikings, I'll consider it a success.

Reid has 10 days to dust off some of those Alex Smiff "don't let the QB lose it for us" game plans and coach this piece of shit up. This is Reid's specialty - taking JAG QBs and making them look like viable NFL starters.
[Reply]
oldman 07:51 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
When can Henne come back? He's not season long IR is he?
I don't see Henne as an answer and it still leaves us with only 1 QB for next week. I believe the smart thing is to promote Shurmur off the PS. Neither Henne or Moore are signed past this year, so let's look at a long term solution.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by GoShox:
And to think that at that time, he was the best QB we had had in years
:-) thats right, Fuck, we were in a bad place. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
Neither Henne or Moore are signed past this year, so let's look at a long term solution.
There is no such thing as a long term solution for a NFL backup QB.
[Reply]
TEX 08:03 AM 10-19-2019
Moore is not good. The Chiefs are in big trouble. The only saving grace is the division is not very good. 10 - 6 might win it. For that matter, the whole AFC is down, so maybe 9 - 7 gets in. On a posotive note, the Chiefs are a good road team, and if they get close to full strength down the stretch, they can go on a good run. If they make the playoffs, they can win anywhere, except N.E. Even there though, they'll have a shot.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:07 AM 10-19-2019
Yeah, he's not the greatest. Veatch plucked him off the street in August coaching high school football. Moore was a scout at Kyler Murray's pro day! But "Midnight Hour" is a way cool nickname. Let's hope he's not Tyler Palko awful for the next month.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:09 AM 10-19-2019
Whatever the best version of Matt Moore is, is what we’re going to see here.

Andy Reid, Kelce, Tyreek, Watkins, etc. He’s never been and will never be surrounded by these types of resources again.

Also gets to start off at home where crowd noise won’t be a factor. I give us a real shot with the 10 day layoff.

But of course, the defense HAS to show up big.
[Reply]
oldman 08:16 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There is no such thing as a long term solution for a NFL backup QB.
While I agree with your statement, I guess I should have said for next year.
[Reply]
Master Chief 08:17 AM 10-19-2019
This was his first in-game action in a while. Yea he’s not great obviously but he can make some throws and he’s hopefully going to get better with more practice reps with 1st String and more in-game reps. He’s also never been surrounded by the type of talent he is now. Let’s get it Matty boy!
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:20 AM 10-19-2019
That touch pass to Tyreek was a thing of beauty. I belief in Matt Moore.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:25 AM 10-19-2019
well he did look better than Flacco
[Reply]
TEX 08:31 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
:-) True!
[Reply]
TEX 08:36 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Whatever the best version of Matt Moore is, is what we’re going to see here.

Andy Reid, Kelce, Tyreek, Watkins, etc. He’s never been and will never be surrounded by these types of resources again.

Also gets to start off at home where crowd noise won’t be a factor. I give us a real shot with the 10 day layoff.

But of course, the defense HAS to show up big.
An effective running game would help him more than exotic weapons in the passing game. He cant make all the throws or extend plays, thus reducing their ability to help him out. Gotta mix in more runs and pick your spots when you do throw it. Try not to get into predictable down & distance.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:57 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Released in 1983, that’s ‘70s?
Wilson picket? What was released in ‘83?

Besides I was more commenting on the flavor of the nickname, not a specific song.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:20 AM 10-19-2019
Id say Matt Moore did phenomenally, considering he had taken ZERO REPS.

How is that even possible?

With 10 days to prep, and actually getting reps, we might actually be more than a TD and a few FGs on offense.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:21 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
I hadn't though of it like that, but you're right. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up