ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Describe your feeling when Mahomes was down.
Wallcrawler 06:01 PM 10-18-2019
I saw the qb sneak, thought it was stupid, fearing a cheap shot or two at the bottom of the pile.

As players peeled off, initially, i thought Reiter was the one hurt, as Mahomes wasn't moving and was motioning. He looked calm, i just knew it was Reiter....

Then, Pat slid off of Reiter, and took his helmet off.
My mild concern for our center turned into pure unadulterated horror as i realized it was actually Patrick that was hurt, and hurt bad.

I wanted to vomit. Id just finished a footlong Jimmy Johns BLT moments prior, and i was seconds away from spewing it all over my hardwood floor.

Quickly, my nausea turned into unbridled fury toward the stupidity of Andy Reid. I screamed. I shouted disparaging tirades laced with extreme profanity toward the walrus.

My wife took my girls, 10, and 9 from the room.

There's been much debate over the sneak. Patrick Mahomes is too valuable to give free shots on him to the defense. He was already hurt. It made, and still makes no sense to me that Andy offered up his qb like that. Everything is riding on him. It isnt fair to him, but that's how it is.

Andy's seemingly "**** protecting Pat" attitude all season has been puzzling and infuriating, but this was the final straw.

So. Violent nausea, despair, quickly turning into the most primal fury I've felt in nearly a decade sending my family fleeing the room. Not my proudest moment.

Seeing Pat walk off, and seeing him in the locker room made me feel so much better, but Andy not protecting Mahomes this season behind a clearly struggling O line, its gotta change.

Maybe this wakes him up. Maybe not.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:00 PM 10-18-2019
I didn't want to share this memory last night, because people were so freaked out it might have led some folks to throw themselves in front of oncoming trains, but when I was a kid I saw a guy dislocate a kneecap in person. Only this was bad. Really, really bad. His kneecap was on the SIDE of his leg - 90 degrees away from where it should have been. He let out a bloodcurdling scream that to this day I've never heard matched. Luckily he somehow had the presence of mind to knock it back into place before he blacked out from the pain - a doctor later told him that he probably saved himself from being crippled for the rest of his life by doing that (keep in mind, this was nearly 40 years ago). He tore the fuck out of pretty much everything that could be torn, obviously required surgery, was on crutches for months afterward, and didn't regain full use of his leg for about a year. Even after it healed, it was never quite right, and every few years it would just go out on him. He had a last corrective surgery just this past year that he was told would finally fix it for good. Fingers crossed.

This is what I immediately thought about when they said "dislocated kneecap." Fortunately the sight of Pat walking off the field stopped my impending heart attack.

This could have been so much worse.
[Reply]
Bump 11:16 PM 10-18-2019
I was watching the game while playing Ark and yelled out while I had my mic on, "FUCK, No Mahomes, no win, this fucking sucks" and my Ark tribe mates didn't know what the fuck I was on about.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:32 PM 10-18-2019
Well I felt bad, but not as bad as my fiance. I gave her a nice pair of irish sun glasses. Bitch shouldn't have said anything to me about throwing my beer through the TV. I guess that's what I get for not teaching her a lesson when dinner wasn't done when I got home. Lesson learned though, that's for sure.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:32 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I was watching the game while playing Ark and yelled out while I had my mic on, "****, No Mahomes, no win, this ****ing sucks" and my Ark tribe mates didn't know what the **** I was on about.
What is Ark?
[Reply]
Master Chief 11:48 PM 10-18-2019
Bloated, constipated, horny, ravenous, etc. A cocktail of emotions.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:02 AM 10-19-2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC6zixT-MMs
[Reply]
Bump 12:19 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What is Ark?
a base building PVP sandbox mmo and you use dinosaurs and guns to PVP basically.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 12:57 AM 10-19-2019
I know Pat is a bad ass but he’s had 2 injuries in half a regular season. I don’t think he’s injury prone or anything like that but Andy’s needs to do a better job of protecting him
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:13 AM 10-19-2019
Is this therapy or something?

The Broncos team and their fans showed a lot of class in that moment. Tip of the hat to them.
[Reply]
Chargem 05:31 AM 10-19-2019
Talking about our feelings together, I thought this was a Chiefs forum not a knitting circle
[Reply]
UK_Chief 05:55 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Talking about our feelings together, I thought this was a Chiefs forum not a knitting circle
Die in an AIDS fire
[Reply]
TRR 07:43 AM 10-19-2019
I was at the game. I really didn’t want to go as live football has never done much for me. Alas, free tickets, a field tour before the game, and the chance to watch Mahomes in person was too good to turn down.

At the end of the first quarter, it was time for a beer run. The lines were long so play resumed as I was still 6 or so deep in line. The offense starts to stall and I remember thinking that Reid should stay aggressive. Now it’s 4th down and I high fived another KC fan when Reid kept the offense on the field. My buddy and I discussed a sneak, and I remember saying/asking why other teams don’t pull the “Brady Sneak” out more. Too hard to stop and refs can’t find the ball anyways. It’s a layup. Sure enough Reid dials up the sneak for an easy first down. I’m feeling great as Denver fans moan. Then the pile starts to peel off and Mahomes isn’t getting up. Is he concussed? Oh it’s his damn ankle again. No it’s something worse.

I’m now in front of the line and “some” Broncos fans are celebrating the injury. One idiot yells “F yeah Mahomes is out!!!!” I’m now ready to puke. No longer hungry and wanting to leave immediately. The look in other KC fans eyes...my eyes. Just numb...and numb in enemy territory.

Luckily Mahomes has a path for a return and the D brought me out of my misery. Some Denver fans said Mahomes was the only reason they came to the game. To watch him play. Others weren’t so kind. All in all the victory of beating Denver on their turf wasn’t worth the injury.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:49 AM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
It's impressive watching the training personnel. Relocated his patella, checked his knee ligaments, and up he goes.
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That dude was a total pro. Came out and just smoothly moved the kneecap back over. No hesitation.
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Most likely he is a sports med physician or maybe an Ortho doc.
Total pro
Could be a trainer though.

They point to his knee and relocate his patella back in under 10 seconds after they arrive
He was the teams medical doctor who specializes in sports medicine.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:58 AM 10-19-2019
Loaded gun at my temple.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:07 AM 10-19-2019
Kick in the nuts... Thought his leg was broken. Why can't we have nice things?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up