ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Describe your feeling when Mahomes was down.
Wallcrawler 06:01 PM 10-18-2019
I saw the qb sneak, thought it was stupid, fearing a cheap shot or two at the bottom of the pile.

As players peeled off, initially, i thought Reiter was the one hurt, as Mahomes wasn't moving and was motioning. He looked calm, i just knew it was Reiter....

Then, Pat slid off of Reiter, and took his helmet off.
My mild concern for our center turned into pure unadulterated horror as i realized it was actually Patrick that was hurt, and hurt bad.

I wanted to vomit. Id just finished a footlong Jimmy Johns BLT moments prior, and i was seconds away from spewing it all over my hardwood floor.

Quickly, my nausea turned into unbridled fury toward the stupidity of Andy Reid. I screamed. I shouted disparaging tirades laced with extreme profanity toward the walrus.

My wife took my girls, 10, and 9 from the room.

There's been much debate over the sneak. Patrick Mahomes is too valuable to give free shots on him to the defense. He was already hurt. It made, and still makes no sense to me that Andy offered up his qb like that. Everything is riding on him. It isnt fair to him, but that's how it is.

Andy's seemingly "**** protecting Pat" attitude all season has been puzzling and infuriating, but this was the final straw.

So. Violent nausea, despair, quickly turning into the most primal fury I've felt in nearly a decade sending my family fleeing the room. Not my proudest moment.

Seeing Pat walk off, and seeing him in the locker room made me feel so much better, but Andy not protecting Mahomes this season behind a clearly struggling O line, its gotta change.

Maybe this wakes him up. Maybe not.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:27 PM 10-18-2019
The year was 1981. I was a senior in high school, sitting in typing class on a nice spring afternoon. We were learning to do things like address envelopes and stuff, but the fun part is that there was a cute girl near me named Angela, slim and Hispanic with dark eyes and long black hair, and we would type notes back and forth to each other under the guise of comparing our typing.

Then suddenly a girl burst into the room. "The president's been shot!"

Everything stopped. What?

The teacher asked her what she meant.

"President Reagan," the girl said. "Someone shot him."

The entire room was stock still. We all knew that this was important, and we all knew that it was bad. But we had no knowledge of what it meant, or what the impact was going to be. The future was uncertain, and we didn't even know if he was dead or alive. Everything was up in the air, and at our young age we had no idea how to process it. We were numb.

In 2019, Patrick Mahomes II was down on the field. I knew it was important, and I knew it was bad. But I had no idea what the impact was going to be, and had no idea if it was serious or not. Everything was up in the air, and given my inexperience at having a franchise MVP quarterback, I had no idea how to process it. I was numb.

And by the way, I eventually asked cute Angela out, and she turned me down. I was disappointed, but only temporarily as she was primarily a target of convenience. Nice eyes, though.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:32 PM 10-18-2019
Typical Chiefs bad luck.

IDK, I'm pretty numb to all the disappointment at this point.
[Reply]
eDave 09:36 PM 10-18-2019
Fuck Angela forever.
[Reply]
frozenchief 09:38 PM 10-18-2019
I thought “This has got to be the Chiefiest thing ever.”
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:43 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That dude was a total pro. Came out and just smoothly moved the kneecap back over. No hesitation.
If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl this season, the doc and Austin Reiter are the real MVPs.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:46 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I curled up on the floor in the fetal position with my thumb in my mouth. Then my dog started vigorously licking my asshole and I felt a little better.
:-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:48 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
**** Angela forever.
I was 18, so yeah, that was the plan.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:56 PM 10-18-2019
Initial thought was that they were stuck in the pile somehow.

Second thought was, oh, our lineman might be hurt.

Third thought was, oh weird, Pat is pointing down towards his shoes, I think maybe his laces are caught in the other dude’s cleats.

Then I saw his face and the fear in it and how his leg hadn’t moved, and I thought oh my god, he dislocated his hip (saw it happen to a Kstate player 10 years ago).

Then it cut to commercial.

I frantically scanned twitter for info, and I read everything from broken leg, to a snapped ankle, to ACL and I was just dying inside.

Then I saw the kneecap pop in clip, and him walking in tunnel, and started trying to find out what the impact of it would be on soft tissue.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:57 PM 10-18-2019
Speaking of soft tissue, my dick in that moment.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:09 PM 10-18-2019
I was too drunk too care and still am
[Reply]
bdj23 10:27 PM 10-18-2019
Because chiefs
[Reply]
lcarus 10:40 PM 10-18-2019
I felt like we had avoided disaster too many times already this season and were fucked for a year. I said "Welp, that's that, folks. See ya next season." Thank the good christ he's ok.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 10:42 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I felt like we had avoided disaster too many times already this season and were fucked for a year. I said "Welp, that's that, folks. See ya next season." Thank the good christ he's ok.
This, more or less.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:47 PM 10-18-2019
I was like...

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:48 PM 10-18-2019
I was the in car driving and hearing holthus I thought the season was over. I was only able to hear that it was his knee and a cart was coming out. Done. Over...sad AF. Till we had hope last night. A tiny amount. I couldn't enjoy the rest of the game. It felt like preseason after that. I'm glad I didn't see if live.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up