ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Describe your feeling when Mahomes was down.
Wallcrawler 06:01 PM 10-18-2019
I saw the qb sneak, thought it was stupid, fearing a cheap shot or two at the bottom of the pile.

As players peeled off, initially, i thought Reiter was the one hurt, as Mahomes wasn't moving and was motioning. He looked calm, i just knew it was Reiter....

Then, Pat slid off of Reiter, and took his helmet off.
My mild concern for our center turned into pure unadulterated horror as i realized it was actually Patrick that was hurt, and hurt bad.

I wanted to vomit. Id just finished a footlong Jimmy Johns BLT moments prior, and i was seconds away from spewing it all over my hardwood floor.

Quickly, my nausea turned into unbridled fury toward the stupidity of Andy Reid. I screamed. I shouted disparaging tirades laced with extreme profanity toward the walrus.

My wife took my girls, 10, and 9 from the room.

There's been much debate over the sneak. Patrick Mahomes is too valuable to give free shots on him to the defense. He was already hurt. It made, and still makes no sense to me that Andy offered up his qb like that. Everything is riding on him. It isnt fair to him, but that's how it is.

Andy's seemingly "**** protecting Pat" attitude all season has been puzzling and infuriating, but this was the final straw.

So. Violent nausea, despair, quickly turning into the most primal fury I've felt in nearly a decade sending my family fleeing the room. Not my proudest moment.

Seeing Pat walk off, and seeing him in the locker room made me feel so much better, but Andy not protecting Mahomes this season behind a clearly struggling O line, its gotta change.

Maybe this wakes him up. Maybe not.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:34 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, we picked up on that. :-)
Hahaha.
[Reply]
In58men 07:36 PM 10-18-2019
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:41 PM 10-18-2019
The most consequential event of the whole game and they cut away to a commercials?

We have no idea how bad it is, what’s he look like, what are they doing to help him etc. instead we went to commercials for what seemed like 5 minutes like this was a special trainer that tweaked something on a kickoff. Then we get a brief shot of him walking and then back to more commercials. Fuckers!

Here’s some video that we never saw.

Here's the moment that shocked #ChiefsKingdom after Patrick Mahomes was injured and had to leave the field during Thursday night's game against the Broncos. pic.twitter.com/6GeKgf69MJ

— KCTV5 News (@KCTV5) October 18, 2019

[Reply]
Frazod 07:45 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The most consequential event of the whole game and they cut away to a commercials?

We have no idea how bad it is, what’s he look like, what are they doing to help him etc. instead we went to commercials for what seemed like 5 minutes like this was a special trainer that tweaked something on a kickoff. Then we get a brief shot of him walking and then back to more commercials. Fuckers!

They generally do that. We just don't normally care so much.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:47 PM 10-18-2019
As an aside, it's amazing that all the media and the whole of the NFL was reporting on it and reporting on the MRI today...seriously, if this had happened to Alex, or really any other Chiefs QB since Montana...would anybody besides us even give a shit? You know the answer...

...it's weird and awesome having a QB that the whole league follows and give a serious shit about.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They generally do that. We just don't normally care so much.
they should have realized because of who it was on the ground that cutting away wasn’t warranted. It wasn’t just Chief fans. A lot of people were tuned into just to watch Mahones.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:07 PM 10-18-2019

We have no idea how bad it is, what’s he look like, what are they doing to help him etc. instead we went to commercials for what seemed like 5 minutes like this was a special trainer that tweaked something on a kickoff. Then we get a brief shot of him walking and then back to more commercials. ****ers!

respect to the donks fans and players
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:14 PM 10-18-2019
I wasn't surprised he got hurt at all. He has been limping around for weeks now.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:14 PM 10-18-2019

[Reply]
kjwood75nro 08:19 PM 10-18-2019
One week of sobriety came to a quick end.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:19 PM 10-18-2019

It's impressive watching the training personnel. Relocated his patella, checked his knee ligaments, and up he goes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:22 PM 10-18-2019
That dude was a total pro. Came out and just smoothly moved the kneecap back over. No hesitation.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:30 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That dude was a total pro. Came out and just smoothly moved the kneecap back over. No hesitation.
Most likely he is a sports med physician or maybe an Ortho doc.
Total pro
Could be a trainer though.

They point to his knee and relocate his patella back in under 10 seconds after they arrive
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:57 PM 10-18-2019
Its pretty unreal. Ive never been this emotionally invested in ANY player. This kid is something special. All the talent in the world, and a genuinely good dude. Its a rare combination. To see him as the leader of my favorite team, I never thought i would see anything like this.

You'd think he was my own kid the way Andy letting him get beat up this year affects me.

Just can't understand no running game and calling all the slow developing shit when your entire line from the Lt through the center is trash, watching him get hurt, hit, and hit and hit.

Its like Fuck, Andy, what the hell are you doing? Do you not fuckin see what is happening here?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:26 PM 10-18-2019
It felt almost as bad as the day I found out we traded two great draft picks for Alex Smith
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up