ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 155
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos Game Thread ***
Jewish Rabbi 11:18 PM 10-16-2019
Did we beat those pieces of shit yet?!?
[Reply]
O.city 11:28 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Three7s:
If Reid actually said that being the "offensive guru" that he is, that is borderline moronic. He knows nothing about the affect that neutralizing a pass rush and play-action can have on an opposing defense?
The CHiefs lead the league in play action passes this season

This year, NFL teams are averaging 9.03 AY/A and a 104.9 passer rating on play-action passes.

On all other plays, they're averaging 6.56 and 86.8.

The teams attempting play-action passes the most:

1. Chiefs (82)
2. Panthers (68)
3. Rams (67)
4. Patriots (65)
5. Ravens (59)

— Scott Barrett (@ScottBarrettDFB) October 17, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:34 AM 10-17-2019

Patrick Mahomes has 64 TDs in 23 career games (most since 1950)#Broncos QBs: 63 pass TD in 54 games since Manning retired in 2016.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) October 17, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:35 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Spoiler!

classic, spoiler tag to avoid filter invasion nsfw
"Yeah a z, the number 4, a q, another q, uhhhhh..... a third q, and the batman symbol"

[Reply]
Three7s 11:35 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The CHiefs lead the league in play action passes this season

Yeah, but with how little Andy runs the ball, PA passes have next to no impact. You have to establish the run for it to work properly.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:36 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Bring it...

Your most famous fan was a fat naked old guy wearing a trash can.

[Reply]
Marcellus 11:40 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Do you think he even cares? He knows he'll play somewhere.
Yea I am sure he cares because its going to cost him a ton of $$.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:40 AM 10-17-2019
A running back better get 20 carries this game or I am gonna want Andy fired
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:41 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I'm curious about the fellow who did it in 1950. Maybe one of those Rams quarterbacks when the offenses were running wild? Probably too late for Otto Graham, right?
[Reply]
Jerok 11:41 AM 10-17-2019
We are missing half our good players to injuries. This defense is better than last years, and we are at the lowest point of the season now and will be peaking during the playoffs. Our guys went through a really rough stretch and it may be a couple more games before we get it turned back around, but we will.

This team has Superbowl all over it.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:42 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Three7s:
Yeah, but with how little Andy runs the ball, PA passes have next to no impact. You have to establish the run for it to work properly.
I'm pretty sure this take has been proven false

"Ted Nguyen: It’s actually becoming a lot more accepted even within NFL circles that you don’t need to run the ball for play action to work. And I think that’s one of the big arguments for running the ball is that you have to run the ball to set up play action. But the data has shown that you can still have an effective play action game without “establishing the run.” Because linebackers and defenses — it’s so ingrained for them to have to defend a run. When they see a possible play fake and they see gaps opening up, they’re trained to have to stop that run and move forward. And even if you don’t establish the run, that kind of training is going to make them move up, and that causes your play action to still work.

Paul Michelman: So how does the data actually demonstrate that the play action isn’t as affected by the run as we think?

Ted Nguyen: Ben Baldwin is the guy who really has spearheaded this argument, and he was the first guy who I’ve seen make this argument. And he subtracted the difference between play-action effectiveness and a team’s drop-back effectiveness. He compared that with rushing success rate. He compared that with total rushes and rush percentage. And he found that there was no correlation between those three things and play-action effectiveness versus drop-back passing.

Paul Michelman: Right. So he was using player tracking data for that?

Ted Nguyen: No, Josh Hermsmeyer was the one who used player tracking data to prove that. He was looking at the linebacker movements, and he found that even if you keep using play action over and over again, the linebacker that he was keeping track of kept moving forward towards the run, even when they were using play action over, I think, 12 times. And after that, the data got kind of wacky, but that’s still a large number.

Paul Michelman: So is the linebacker kind of the key determinant in the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the run? I mean, what about the rest of the defense and how they’re impacted?

Ted Nguyen: Yeah, I think when you’re running play action, the linebacker is the guy that you’re trying to move. Obviously, you have protection. You’re trying to have defensive linemen stay at the line of scrimmage and defend a run, too. There [are] some play actions that will target safeties. But most play-action plays are trying to target linebackers. You’re trying to hit that void behind linebackers by having them move up. So that is the guy that you’re mainly targeting on most play-action concepts.

Paul Michelman: Got it. And is the play action really what it’s all about in this argument? Is the deep ball not really relevant to the run?

Ted Nguyen: I think, overall, that passing the ball deep and passing the ball more is more efficient and will lead to more scoring if you do it a lot more than running the ball. But it’s also debunking that argument that you have to establish the run for play action to work. And play action has been shown or proven to be one of the most effective ways to move the ball."

Feel free to read through the transcript, if you so please.

https://sloanreview.mit.edu/audio/th...y-mostly-dead/

This is of course just one guy. But it seems to a growing idea in a lot of circles that the notion of "establishing the run" isn't really true.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:45 AM 10-17-2019
Yea the coach who had the #1 scoring offense last season and has the #2 scoring and # 1 yardage offense this season doesn't know what he is doing at all but CP, they got this shit all figured out.

:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:48 AM 10-17-2019
I kinda feel that the ankle issue for Mahomes may have a learning effect for Mahomes and he will be just that much better for going through this as an effective passer out of the pocket. Don't ever count Mahomes out.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:48 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea the coach who had the #1 scoring offense last season and has the #2 scoring and # 1 yardage offense this season doesn't know what he is doing at all but CP, they got this shit all figured out.

Andy deserves criticism for his offensive play calling/strategy these last two games.

Two lifeless three and outs to end last week’s game and being held to 13 points by the Colts (who also had key guys injured/missing from their defense).
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:48 AM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

We’re actually 3rd in yards and 5th in scoring offense
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:50 AM 10-17-2019
we are going to shoal the world who we are

[Reply]
Page 10 of 155
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up