ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck Brett Veach
Mecca 10:58 PM 12-23-2018
Seriously had enough.

You've been a GM for roughly a year and a half and honestly you kinda suck so far.

You traded for Ragland...he sucks.
You give Hitchens a ton of money, he sucks really bad.
You spent a whole draft on a bunch of guys who have made the defense worse than it was when you took the job...

Sammy Watkins has been fine when he plays but still the same issues he's always had...

So lets be real, so far when Watkins is your best move since taking the job that is terrible.

And seriously fuck you for thinking that secondary was so good you didn't have to spend 1 pick on it till the 4th round then telling us you were fixing the run D. Yea you should did that..

So far you fucking suck at your job, a retard with a pellet gun could have basically gotten the same result as what you've done since taking over.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:34 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
So does trading Parker Ehinger for Charvarious Ward suck?? What about signing Niemann and Darrel Williams as UDFA?
If Andy calls the shots, was that Brett Veach or Andy Reid who scouted those players and made the deal happen?

Doesn't matter. Retards like Chiefshrink will just keep peddling the "Andy calls the shots!!!!" line when it's convenient for them to use it. When good moves happen, they're totally silent.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:38 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't understand this obsession with "final say." Who gives a shit? Andy can say, "Brett, go get me Frank Clark" but it's still Veach who negotiates the trade and gets the contract and does all the important shit. Andy isn't the one overpaying all these contracts and getting fleeced on draft day trades. Veach is.

And Veach kinda sucks at that part of the job. Actually, he REALLY sucks at that part of the job. I don't give a shit if he's a puppet or not. He's a puppet who sucks, and because he sucks, our personnel resources have been significantly reduced more than they have to be.
Well it sort of matters. if Andy is telling him to get whatever players no matter what than well that'll lead you to getting butt fucked in a trade.

I think the Chiefs got butt fucked in that trade because the first round talent pool in this draft was shit and if the Chiefs were selling, I'd want more than a limp dick 1 too. I'm not the only one that remembered people wanting Adderley or Thornhill, who both went in the late second. Tillery? He looks useless so far and went before we were due to select.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:48 PM 10-18-2019
Other than the Clark trade, when has Veach got raped?

Murray for Ogbah?
Alex for a 2nd and Fuller?
Ehinger for Ward?
Dee Ford (who’s been a situational pass rusher) for a 2nd?
Peters for a 2nd (Thornhill)?

The truth is he’s won much more than he’s lost.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:50 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Well it sort of matters. if Andy is telling him to get whatever players no matter what than well that'll lead you to getting butt fucked in a trade.

I think the Chiefs got butt fucked in that trade because the first round talent pool in this draft was shit and if the Chiefs were selling, I'd want more than a limp dick 1 too. I'm not the only one that remembered people wanting Adderley or Thornhill, who both went in the late second. Tillery? He looks useless so far and went before we were due to select.
There's no fucking way Andy is saying, "Get me this player no matter what." That's just idiotic.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:00 PM 10-18-2019
There's no fucking way Andy is saying, "Get me this player no matter what." That's just idiotic.
Did you sleep in a crack house through the entire "DREAM TEAM" phase when he was GM'ing the Eagles? If not, you'd know that response you wrote out is idiotic.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:01 PM 10-18-2019
There's no ****ing way Andy is saying, "Get me this player no matter what." That's just idiotic.
You’re right!! It’s not like Veach clearly stated that Spags said he wanted HB and Veach went out and got him.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:15 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Murray for Ogbah?
Ehinger for Ward?

It was a 3rd and Fuller in the Alex Smith trade.

I think Peters was the one that most people thought was bad. It was a 2nd in the following year and it also involved a pick swap that made it worse if I remember correctly?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:24 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Murray for Ogbah?
Ehinger for Ward?

We got a 3rd and Fuller for Alex, not a 2nd.

Veach really fucking overpaid for Hitchens, Watkins, and Clark. And while he's been a better model of consistency than the others he's compared to, I think he also paid for Mathieu. And these contracts are all a result of getting into bidding wars with other teams. You can say all you want, 'Well, that's just the market" but I can't name many Super Bowl teams who give out deals like Veach does. Dorsey showed some restraint. He was willing to let deals come to him some of the time, even though he too did a lot of overpaying. He also was able to deliver the occasional team-friendly value in free agency far more often.

We could talk about his draft history, but even with the 2018 draft looking cruddy, it's dumb to judge his drafts this early. But I will, however, continue to shit on the Breeland Speaks trade up and selection. Christ... talk about having tunnel vision in the draft. That was just an embarrassingly bad pick.

Veach's successes have nearly all come through nibbling around the edges by making those low risk trades and moves you mentioned above. I don't think the Peters and Ford trades were slam dunks because compared to the market at the time, 2nd round picks that occur in future drafts weren't good payoffs. However, the trades for Ogbah, Fuller, and Ward were pretty good.

He's made some sneaky decent free agent acquisitions in Reiter, McCoy, Damien Wilson, Breeland, and Okafor. There are also a couple of random "roster maintenance" transactions like the Schwartz extension and the Fisher and Hitchens contract restructures, but I'm not really going to suck his dick for that stuff. Every GM has made those type of easy quick moves.

In terms of the big money contracts he's worked on, the only one I can really say that was really good was the Tyreek extension. The rest of them were overpays or even outright busts.

Veach's problem is he thinks of himself as this big dicked card player who likes to be aggressive and take risks. If he could just fucking cool his goddamn jets and sit back more often instead of treating each free agent target like his life depends on it, he'd be okay.

He needs to learn that lesson pretty damn fucking quickly here. We're gonna need draft pick QUANTITY coming up here in a few seasons, and we're also going to be strapped for cash when we give Mahomes his extension. If he keeps doing Frank Clark trades while we're in that era of Chiefs football, he's going to fuck up everything.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:27 PM 10-18-2019
We got a 3rd and Fuller for Alex, not a 2nd.

Veach really ****ing overpaid for Hitchens, Watkins, and Clark. And while he's been a better model of consistency than the others he's compared to, I think he also paid for Mathieu. And these contracts are all a result of getting into bidding wars with other teams. You can say all you want, 'Well, that's just the market" but I can't name many Super Bowl teams who give out deals like Veach does. Dorsey showed some restraint. He was willing to let deals come to him some of the time, even though he too did a lot of overpaying. He also was able to deliver the occasional team-friendly value in free agency far more often.

We could talk about his draft history, but even with the 2018 draft looking cruddy, it's dumb to judge his drafts this early. But I will, however, continue to shit on the Breeland Speaks trade up and selection. Christ... talk about having tunnel vision in the draft. That was just an embarrassingly bad pick.

Veach's successes have nearly all come through nibbling around the edges by making those low risk trades and moves you mentioned above. I don't think the Peters and Ford trades were slam dunks because compared to the market at the time, 2nd round picks that occur in future drafts weren't good payoffs. However, the trades for Ogbah, Fuller, and Ward were pretty good.

He's made some sneaky decent free agent acquisitions in Reiter, McCoy, Damien Wilson, Breeland, and Okafor. There are also a couple of random "roster maintenance" transactions like the Schwartz extension and the Fisher and Hitchens contract restructures, but I'm not really going to suck his dick for that stuff. Every GM has made those type of easy quick moves.

In terms of the big money contracts he's worked on, the only one I can really say that was really good was the Tyreek extension. The rest of them were overpays or even outright busts.

Veach's problem is he thinks of himself as this big dicked card player who likes to be aggressive and take risks. If he could just ****ing cool his goddamn jets and sit back more often instead of treating each free agent target like his life depends on it, he'd be okay.

He needs to learn that lesson pretty damn ****ing quickly here. We're gonna need draft pick QUANTITY coming up here in a few seasons, and we're also going to be strapped for cash when we give Mahomes his extension. If he keeps doing Frank Clark trades while we're in that era of Chiefs football, he's going to **** up everything.
He didn’t fuck to the HB deal at all. Not only is ur secondary vastly improved thanks to him but our defense is better than last year and that also cuz of him. He is everything we wished Eric Berry would do. Mathieu can play the ball. Tackle. And can even rush the qb. He does it all oh and he’s also a leader
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:28 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You’re right!! It’s not like Veach clearly stated that Spags said he wanted HB and Veach went out and got him.
Veach said he consulted with Spags about defensive free agents. The story is that Veach said, "I've got Tyrann Mathieu as my #1 free agent target" and Spags said, "Hey, me too!"

Consulting with your coaching staff is something even fucking Belichick does. And even if Spags TOLD him to go get Mathieu, how the fuck does that mean Veach took an order from Andy to "Go get Mathieu no matter what"
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:35 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Did you sleep in a crack house through the entire "DREAM TEAM" phase when he was GM'ing the Eagles? If not, you'd know that response you wrote out is idiotic.
That's speculation at best.

It's well known Reid had that magical fucking FINAL SAY option that make people jizz out their brains on this forum (that's even according to Reid himself and the Eagles execs at the time), but unless you can come up with some stories that support your claim that he'd tell Heckert and Roseman to just blow the entire wad if they had to in order to acquire Player X, that's pretty much bullshit.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:41 PM 10-18-2019
If Andy calls the shots, was that Brett Veach or Andy Reid who scouted those players and made the deal happen?

Doesn't matter. Retards like Chiefshrink will just keep peddling the "Andy calls the shots!!!!" line when it's convenient for them to use it. When good moves happen, they're totally silent.
Andy calls the shots PERIOD:-). Veach is just a glorified gopher. There are many reasons Dorsey is gone and the biggest one is Reid found out early Dorsey was not a yes man. Reid was smart enough to know that Dorsey would crap in his own bed in due time and he would be gone thus not having to do anything behind Dorsey's back to get him out of town.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:45 PM 10-18-2019
When good moves happen, they're totally silent.
Can you confirm these good moves that were Brett Veach ONLY MOVES???:-)

NO, you can't !!!:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:49 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Andy calls the shots PERIOD:-). Veach is just a glorified gopher. There are many reasons Dorsey is gone and the biggest one is Reid found out early Dorsey was not a yes man.
Provide some evidence or get the fuck out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:51 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Can you confirm these good moves that were Brett Veach ONLY MOVES???:-)

Can you confirm that Andy Reid orchestrated all of these good moves and the only thing that Brett Veach did was the paperwork?

[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up