ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 57
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:07 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I never know when in these threads to abandon spoiler tags, but...

Spoiler!
Yeah but take the context of what & how Fury said he lost is eye in Winter Soldier and how it apparently happened. In on it's super serious and the other it's played for a laugh.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:10 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Yeah but take the context of what & how Fury said he lost is eye in Winter Soldier and how it apparently happened. In on it's super serious and the other it's played for a laugh.
Would you admit a cat scratched your eye out lol
[Reply]
DaFace 10:11 AM 03-12-2019
If you're going to start coming down hard on Marvel having slight inconsistencies with characterizations throughout the series, you're gonna have a bad time.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:15 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If you're going to start coming down hard on Marvel having slight inconsistencies with characterizations throughout the series, you're gonna have a bad time.
I was hoping that Fury's eye loss was part of Capt. Marvel. Actually thought he might lose it in his first fight with Talos.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:18 AM 03-12-2019
I was hoping that Fury's eye loss was part of Capt. Marvel. Actually thought he might lose it in his first fight with Talos.
Yeah, I'm not saying that it wasn't a bit lame. I'm just saying that it's not "inconsistent" per se.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:17 PM 03-12-2019
Not sure why people have a problem with “Captain Marvel”. I thought it was very good and I put it in my top tier of Marvel movies along with “Black Panther”, “The Avengers”, “Iron Man”, “Deadpool”, “Guardians of the Galaxy”, and the three “Captain America” films (and a notch above “Doctor Strange” and “Ant-Man”). The music fit the period. The story, while complicated in parts and draggy in parts, told the story it wanted to tell (and honestly I don't know what I would've done to make it any better). Brie Larsen was very good, actually probably better than almost all Marvel actors aside from RDJ (who was simply born to play Tony Stark); I didn't find her wooden at all, and she had strength and humor. The girl-power stuff was in there, but it wasn't overdone or overbearing (no more so than any other female-powered piece of media, be it “Wonder Woman” or “Aliens” or the “Buffy” TV series). To quote the great poet Madonna (“Human Nature”), I can't help but chalk up a lot of the hate of this film to “would it sound better if I were a man”, because if Brie Larsen was Bob Larsen I don't think anyone would be complaining.
[Reply]
Sully 12:20 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I like a transition of power with my superheroes, and I find when they get their powers and they automatically know how to use them perfectly with a snap of the fingers as too much of a stretch for me.

Spoiler!
I get the transition thing. i really do.

But it's rare that a superhero, after getting their powers, isn't suddenly the most skilled hand-to-hand/acrobatic combatant ever to live with zero training.
Kinda gotta let go a bit.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:38 PM 03-12-2019
Anyone knows cats knows you can't trust them derr
[Reply]
Setsuna 01:13 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
I get the transition thing. i really do.

But it's rare that a superhero, after getting their powers, isn't suddenly the most skilled hand-to-hand/acrobatic combatant ever to live with zero training.
Kinda gotta let go a bit.
Let's see. Tony Stark didn't have full control over his suit when he first donned it. Captain America didn't either as shown in the the chase scene just minutes after he transformed. Spider-Man obviously took a while to understand his stuff. Thor is like 100 years old by the time his first movie came out. Scarlett and her bro were mutants from birth and were adults when we saw their powers so they had time to learn. Black Panther was a warrior prince trained from birth and his power up enhanced all his knowledge of fighting. Dr. Strange trained his butt off before he really came to the forefront. Ant Man had a learning curve as well. Banner is still learning how to turn on and off his powers and think clearly while green. If I missed someone let me know. Marvel has carefully made sure our super heroes had to go through something to get where they are now or they already were in the prime of their powers when they were introduced. So you are wrong. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:17 PM 03-12-2019
Not gonna lie. I laughed when it happened.
[Reply]
Fish 01:32 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{googles}

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

{sigh....}
The execution of it in the film was even worse than the premise.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
FAX 02:01 PM 03-12-2019
Out of adversity, greatness can emerge!!!

I had a thought-thing. Not much of one, to be sure, but I've had it a couple of times. So here 'tis ...

I was sort of hoping that Marvel would release an absolute bomb. The reason is that I fear they are beginning to display complacency and I also sense that they have been adversely affected by the oversized Disney thumb up their patoot.

In retrospect (viewing the franchise in its entirety), Marvel has done a truly phenomenal thing. They've been so successful, in fact, that other studios have tried to replicate their formula. That's flattery.

But after a while, any producer or company can begin to see themselves as bullet-proof and taking one between the eyes can teach them a newfound respect for their audience.

Feige (sp?) has done an awesome thing. But he got a little lucky with his casting of RDJ and his choice of Favreau as director to kick things off. They've had miscues along the way, but for the most part, they've been winning ... both with fans and with the bank receipts.

A loss from time to time can refocus a company.

FAX
[Reply]
DaFace 02:14 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Let's see. Tony Stark didn't have full control over his suit when he first donned it. Captain America didn't either as shown in the the chase scene just minutes after he transformed. Spider-Man obviously took a while to understand his stuff. Thor is like 100 years old by the time his first movie came out. Scarlett and her bro were mutants from birth and were adults when we saw their powers so they had time to learn. Black Panther was a warrior prince trained from birth and his power up enhanced all his knowledge of fighting. Dr. Strange trained his butt off before he really came to the forefront. Ant Man had a learning curve as well. Banner is still learning how to turn on and off his powers and think clearly while green. If I missed someone let me know. Marvel has carefully made sure our super heroes had to go through something to get where they are now or they already were in the prime of their powers when they were introduced. So you are wrong. :-)
Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, this was my biggest issue. The whole thing was just too easy. She didn't have to earn it, which makes it all feel a bit hollow.

I don't have a huge issue with the movie as a whole, and I thought Larsen was fine for what it was. The character itself is just weak, and I worry a bit if she's supposed to be a centerpiece of the MCU in the future.
[Reply]
Sully 03:06 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
You make good points. I stand corrected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fish 03:11 PM 03-12-2019

[Reply]
Page 41 of 57
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up