Nickhead 11:55 PM 03-11-2019
irregardless....

this is pretty cool :-)

[Reply]
Sully 06:31 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
irregardless....

this is pretty cool :-)

Definitely one of the cooler moments in the movie, and I just knew he would be beside himself about it.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:37 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It was ok, probably around the middle or bottom of the Marvel series for me. Not even close to the epicness of Black Panther.

I was entertained, but nothing truly special.

The girl power stuff didn't bother me.

Thanks for saving me the typing exercise. I agree with every word.

My wife thought it was "boring". She was not impressed in the slightest.
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:45 AM 03-12-2019
Really enjoyed the movie. Only thing that bothered me a bit was the Skrulls makeup/acting. They were TOO human....like they were fresh from some convention or something. But overall, good film, especially the 3rd act.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:45 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Thanks for saving me the typing exercise. I agree with every word.

My wife thought it was "boring". She was not impressed in the slightest.
Funny you say that, my wife fell asleep during the first half of the movie. I had to keep waking her up and she was excited to see the flick.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:09 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Don't get me wrong - it's worth seeing. There are some fun loose ends in the MCU that get tied up a bit. I just don't think her story is all that compelling (and I'm really trying hard not to get stuck in the "because she's a girl" mentality).

My biggest issue is a bit of a spoiler - more about the character than the movie itself, but read at your own risk:

Spoiler!
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Funny you say that, my wife fell asleep during the first half of the movie. I had to keep waking her up and she was excited to see the flick.
Both of these takes sum it up for me... I thought the first 20 minutes was a lot of 'meh'. They did an ok job of explaining some things that we've always wondered about in the other films.

I think what we as movie goers like in the hero character is most have a flaw or an ability to fail. As mentioned, Captain Marvel appears to be flawless with the ability to defeat anything and is obviously the most powerful Avenger, so why are the others needed?

I liked the movie, not sure it's a 'stop what you're doing rewatch' on cable like several of the others. Likely outside my top 5 MCU films. I think they could have done a bit more with the Kree/Skrulls character developments. Coulson should have been in it a bit more.

I think Fury needs his own film to fill in the development of his happy go lucky character in Marvel, compared to the serious no-nonsense badass we saw in the earlier MCU films when he was introduced.

A few things I've never really understood ... so the Tesserect. In Captain America, Red Skull drops it and it burns through the plane. The Flerkin hacks it up and it sits on the desk. I guess because it was 'active' when Skull was holding it vs dormant when the Flerkin yacked it up or when they put it in the lunch pail.

And, has Captain America not aged because he was frozen or because of the syrum? Doesn't appear CM ages too much between the origin story vs the Endgames which is what, 20 years later nearly? Same with Bucky... he wasn't frozen for 70 years, but had the super syrum, so I guess that's why those 2 don't age.

Not a comic book nerd, so I'm sure it's all explained.

Too much "girl gets knocked down or disrespected only to rise again" imagery for me. My wife hated it. But, similar to Black Panther... loud rounds of applause as it ended. #socialjusticestuff
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:53 AM 03-12-2019
I like a transition of power with my superheroes, and I find when they get their powers and they automatically know how to use them perfectly with a snap of the fingers as too much of a stretch for me.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 09:13 AM 03-12-2019
Yeah, I thought the reveal for why Fury lost his eye was a real letdown.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:29 AM 03-12-2019
And, seeing how audiences reacted to the genuine feel of the comedy that flowed from Guardians and then Deadpool... MCU has jumped the shark a bit with continuing the theme in movies like Ragnarok and now this one with Fury and the cat, the Skrulls, etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:50 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
{googles}

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

{sigh....}
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:53 AM 03-12-2019
Running with scissors would've made more sense, and been even slightly more humorous.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{googles}

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

{sigh....}
Just googled it.

The fuck, Marvel? Are you fucking serious?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:00 AM 03-12-2019
Nick Fury in Winter Soldier; " Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye."

Nick Fury in Capt. Marvel; "Ouch. Goose just scratched me", looses eye.

Come on Marvel Studio, at least stay consistent in your lore.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:03 AM 03-12-2019

He trusted the cat!!!

I enjoyed the movie but it's definitely weaker compared to most.

Captain Marvel being nearly invincible doesn't bother me, she's basically Marvel's Superman. Probably could've shown her figuring out her powers more though.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:03 AM 03-12-2019

I never know when in these threads to abandon spoiler tags, but...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 40 of 57
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up