ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 57
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Setsuna 11:51 AM 03-08-2019
I'm not going to see it. My question is are they going to let Brie seem the most competent person in Endgame while the boys that are left follow her lead like lost puppies?
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:20 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Top 500 comics of 2018 https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1...ticleID=224120

I don't see Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel on the list.
Doesn't she get any credit for being in the Avengers, who have like half the items on that list?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:38 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Top 500 comics of 2018 https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1...ticleID=224120

I don't see Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel on the list.
https://screenrant.com/marvel-divers...-single-issue/

That doesn't tell the whole story. I saw some books on the list that were not good. Hunt for Wolverine was a huge letdown go example

"However, there are two major issues with considering only the top single-issue sellers when making decisions on what fans want to see. First of all, the majority of top-selling comics are*always*the true heavy hitters:*Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men, Justice League, Avengers,*etc. Expecting any newer title with a lesser-known hero at the helm to do as well as these goliaths is simply unrealistic - and were that the expectation for all titles, a much wider range would be getting the chop. In addition, these sales figures only take into account one thing: single issue sales. Trades and digital subscribers are not included in this data, and the sales of trade paperbacks paint a very different story."

Also.

https://m.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

Captain Marvel and specifically Ms Marvel have been huge digital sellers. Most my tpb's are digital as well. I try to get most singles in paper but they requires a big ass room after some time.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:43 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Doesn't she get any credit for being in the Avengers, who have like half the items on that list?
Both are in Avengers, Champions, several appearances on other books such as All New Wolverine etc
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:46 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
What I really need to know is if the post credit scenes are worth staying for.
Haven't read it, but by the title this might answer your question.

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/captain-ma...ngers-endgame/
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:51 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
I'm not going to see it. My question is are they going to let Brie seem the most competent person in Endgame while the boys that are left follow her lead like lost puppies?
So are you not going to see end game if Captain Marvel is a badass in it? She's like Superman basically. I assume she will be one of the many leaders...we shall see.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:53 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Haven't read it, but by the title this might answer your question.

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/captain-ma...ngers-endgame/
Damnit. That's not helpful. "Spoilers ahead" :-)
[Reply]
Nirvana58 01:01 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Damnit. That's not helpful. "Spoilers ahead" :-)
Neither credit scene is needed if you don't feel like staying. The first one is pretty early into the credits so you might as well watch that if you feel like.

The second one you have to wait forever and is definitely not worth the wait.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:02 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
For the record, it is Captain Marvel, but there is a series for a different Marvel character called Ms. Marvel that has a cult following.

I think it was a one-off, though.

OK. I thought they were the same character. That Cap Marvel became Ms Marvel when the character turned into a woman at some point. I didn't get into comic books much as a kid and my knowledge of the stories/characters is mostly from TV/movies/games.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:08 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I mostly agree with this. The plot was VERY disjointed, all starting from the very beginning. Movie probably should have started with Benning's character and her work re: Project Pegasus.

100% agree with you on Larsens lack of charisma.

On another point...the villian in this film is very underwhelming. I mean I get why it had to be that way given the story etc...but I was like ..."wow so that's it?"

Kind of hard for me to pick 'the' villain. I didn't think of it until you mentioned it, but yeah. And that's what I was thinking after I made my post about the structure of the film - start with Project Pegasus. Annette Benning did a pretty good job overall. Her and Jackson could have carried the movie.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:12 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:

She wouldn't be the only OP character in the fight. Static Electricity Thor is pretty bad ass. If the Hulk actually shows up he should be ridiculously strong. And how much plot armor are they going to cram into Iron Man's suit and Captain America's shield? And then Doctor Strange can always pull rabbits out of his ass.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:30 PM 03-08-2019
I don't think this is really a spoiler, but I'll put it in tags just in case.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 01:31 PM 03-08-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
OK. I thought they were the same character. That Cap Marvel became Ms Marvel when the character turned into a woman at some point. I didn't get into comic books much as a kid and my knowledge of the stories/characters is mostly from TV/movies/games.
Not exactly. Ms. Marvel became Captain Marvel after a bunch of others donned the Captain Marvel role.

Danvers storyline.. if I'm remembering correctly:

[Reply]
kcpasco 03:07 PM 03-08-2019
Marvel wanted their own Wonder Woman. Captain Marvel wasn’t it, she’s kind of a boring character. A Storm movie I would have loved to have seen if they wanted a great female lead. I’ll pass on this shitshow.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:08 PM 03-08-2019
Current RT Scores: Critics 81%, Audience 35%

Oops.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 57
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up