ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 386
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
RustShack 10:26 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I figured that after the annulment then the Targ married Jon's mom.
Yes, Danny's brother remarried. What's that have to do with Danny again?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:35 AM 08-14-2017
A couple of insignificant things.

One of the most irritating scenes they seem to put in any period piece is when they have people sharpening knives and swords on a big lumpy stone wheel rotating slowly. It's like something out of The Flinstones, and is probably the worst possible way to hone an edge. For something so insignificant it manages to grate on me every time.

Gendry, in certain light with with certain facial expressions, looks for all the world like Bill Paxton reincarnated. It's in the eyes and brow.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:56 AM 08-14-2017
swords from the middle ages were never sharpened at all. they were left chisel-sharp so that the edges would remain intact when bashed against armor and other swords.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:02 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
swords from the middle ages were never sharpened at all. they were left chisel-sharp so that the edges would remain intact when bashed against armor and other swords.
Yeah, that's a secondary, or ancillary, point. My main beef is, it's just such wanker space work.

Reminds me of the dock sweeper dude in Quantum of Solace

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:23 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
But she hasn't used them on citizens or their homes yet. Big difference when it comes to winning their hearts and minds and overthrowing a cunt queen leader.

She doesn't have to sack the city, just crush the Lannister army and take King's Landing. Then she can send the Dothraki back to Essos.

Who's going to challenge her claim once they get a good look at her dragons?

Aegon the conqueror did it and there are still Targaryen loyalists in Westeros 300 years later.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 08-14-2017
It'd be amazing to see Cersei die because of a complication during the pregnancy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:36 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Rhaegar annulled his wedding to Elia, which should make Jon (or Jaeherys) the true claimant to the throne but Sam got bent out of shape and didn't catch that from Gilly's reading.
He wouldn't have caught that regardless because he had no way of knowing that Jon Snow was their love child. That tidbit was fan service.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:45 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
It'd be amazing to see Cersei die because of a complication during the pregnancy.
Plot Twist! It's The Mountain's Zombie-love baby!
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:52 AM 08-14-2017
I wonder if we are going to see the "shame" nun again.
[Reply]
Hawk 11:52 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He wouldn't have caught that regardless because he had no way of knowing that Jon Snow was their love child. That tidbit was fan service.
Maybe, though he'd have been interested in Lyanna Stark being married to Rhaegar and would certainly have told Jon about it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:55 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Maybe, though he'd have been interested in Lyanna Stark being married to Rhaegar and would certainly have told Jon about it.
Ehhh....it's still going to take a leap. The only person that can bring this information up and not have it look like a huge leap is Bran.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:59 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, that's a secondary, or ancillary, point. My main beef is, it's just such wanker space work.

Reminds me of the dock sweeper dude in Quantum of Solace

my biggest peeve so far in the series was when Ice was re-forged. The way the show presented it, the sword was melted down and then cast into the shape of a pair of new swords. the Lannister smith detroyed the pattern welds in the Valyrian steel. I get that they did that so it would play for TV but that's so irritating.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:15 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Here's how it'll go down:

Bran will tell Jon (eventually) that he's the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. Jon won't really believe him. Sam will then remember hearing something about Prince Rhaegar's annulment, dig up the book that his wife had, find the passage and discover the truth and then present it to Jon, causing a rift between Danny and Jon. That'll be next season though. That's my theory at least.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:18 PM 08-14-2017
Why would the Iron Bank continue to help Cersei? Once she pays them back they have no incentive to loan to her again, given the terrible strategic position she's in.

"Oh, the only reason you're still here is that your vastly more powerful enemy doesn't want the bad PR of immolating you? Sounds like you're a good bet."
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:43 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
my biggest peeve so far in the series was when Ice was re-forged. The way the show presented it, the sword was melted down and then cast into the shape of a pair of new swords. the Lannister smith detroyed the pattern welds in the Valyrian steel. I get that they did that so it would play for TV but that's so irritating.
Ahem!! [straightens tie], IIRC I complained about that the night it aired!!
[Reply]
Page 69 of 386
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up