ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 386
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
frankotank 07:21 AM 08-09-2017
I've never read the books....I keep wondering...
I'm guessing that eventually John will get blasted with fire somehow and when he comes out unscathed he'll realize he's not a Stark at all....but a Targaryen. anything like this in the books?

ALSO....we've got two proven living Targaryens now (Dany and John) so....from what I've seen on the interwebs there should be a third...right? Who is it!!???

OR - maybe the third rider doesn't really have to be a Targaryen?? in which case please please PLEASE let it be Tyrion!
[Reply]
RustShack 07:31 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I'm guessing that eventually John will get blasted with fire somehow and when he comes out unscathed he'll realize he's not a Stark at all....but a Targaryen. anything like this in the books?

ALSO....we've got two proven living Targaryens now (Dany and John) so....from what I've seen on the interwebs there should be a third...right? Who is it!!???

OR - maybe the third rider doesn't really have to be a Targaryen?? in which case please please PLEASE let it be Tyrion!
Jon has already burnt himself, and Danny's brother died from being burnt. Just because you're a Targaryen doesn't mean you can't burn.
[Reply]
frankotank 07:33 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Jon has already burnt himself, and Danny's brother died from being burnt. Just because you're a Targaryen doesn't mean you can't burn.
well hells bells! that's right. nice helmet bro. :-)
but...refresh me memory....when was John burnt?
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:36 AM 08-09-2017
well hells bells! that's right. nice helmet bro. :-)
but...refresh me memory....when was John burnt?
When he saved Mormont from the first white walker they found.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:42 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
One small perceptional quibble. For all the hearts aflutter at Littlefinger's 'chaos is a ladder' comeuppance, I don't think all his stares in this episode was just him pooping his pants in the realization that all his plans were crumbling. Littlefinger is too determined a schemer to let setbacks control his fate.

My question is, in the territory we presently are, do the writers have GRRM's gift of plotting and intrigue to conjure a few more moves on the big board for him?
I have to agree, Littlefinger is just planning his next move, he's not going to shit himself because things don't go as planned. He's killed two kings and the Warden of the North with his action or planning. He won't stop now.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:58 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Martin borrowed heavily from Dune in this regard. Ned was a carbon copy of Duke Leto - a good, heroic and noble man thrust into a dangerous political environment that was completely beyond his ability to understand. About halfway through the book I realized that he was going to die.
Holy crap, how did I not recognize this before now? Rereading Dune now, and still didn't pick up on it.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:32 AM 08-09-2017

Tyrion could be a Targaryen. There is a theory that he is the offspring of the Mad King and Joanna Lannister. Tyrion has always been obsessed with dragons and he is associated with fire quite a bit, especially the wildfire in Blackwater Bay. Adding to that, the dragons didn't fry him when he walked up to them.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:48 AM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Tyrion could be a Targaryen. There is a theory that he is the offspring of the Mad King and Joanna Lannister. Tyrion has always been obsessed with dragons and he is associated with fire quite a bit, especially the wildfire in Blackwater Bay. Adding to that, the dragons didn't fry him when he walked up to them.
Extremely unlikely, but all 3 of the Lannisters could be Targaryens. Cersei in particular exhibits many traits inherent in that family (incest, love for wildfire, general insanity).
[Reply]
RustShack 10:38 AM 08-09-2017
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:01 PM 08-09-2017

[Reply]
Bowser 01:08 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
My expectation is that the Night King gets one of the dragons and that Dany and John Snow have to ride the other two in battle against him in order to win. And then they marry each other, and Tyrion stays on as the Hand. Everybody else dies except a handful of people like Arya, Sansa, Hot Pies, etc.

[Reply]
RustShack 08:41 PM 08-09-2017
So to complete both prophesies after Jaime is(most likely) taken prisoner.

Tyrion betrays Danny by freeing Jaime. Cersei still wants Tyrion dead, but since Jaime knows he's inoccent of killing their son, Jaime ends up killing Cersei. Yes I know he's still mad about Tyrion killing their father, but shit'll buff out.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:33 PM 08-09-2017
Fantastic episode maybe top 5 ever. You guys love to nitpick. The Highgarden defeat, Danys not leaving the battle after the first shot from the scorpion...but I think the dumbest thing about the episode was how Jaime was sinking into a deep abyss when he's only like two feet from the shore. What about that huh?!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:53 PM 08-09-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
My expectation is that the Night King gets one of the dragons and that Dany and John Snow have to ride the other two in battle against him in order to win.
Drogon's going to get turnt.

He's already had his moment. There's nowhere left for him to go other than "holy shit the other side has Drogon."

And then we get to explore the other two dragon characters.

Keep in mind I know there are spoilers out there and if you confirm any of this without a spoiler tag I will find you and rape you and your entire family.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:58 AM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's definitely a TINY bit disappointing that the story is, largely, predictable at this point (at least to some extent). But...meh...I think everyone's ready for some hardcore white walker on dragon action. Let's do it.

We're like 4 episodes removed from Cercei blow up the Sept of Baelor. Maybe others did but I definitely didn't see that coming.

All that said, I'm fine with a "pat" ending at this point filled with great action scenes and a few more people getting their just come-uppance. If unpredictable means Cercei wins, then fuck that, give me predictable every day of the week. I'm fine with just seeing how they get there!
[Reply]
Page 57 of 386
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up