ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 173 of 386
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223273 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Rivaldo 03:29 PM 04-02-2019
me too. great actor lol
[Reply]
Rivaldo 03:34 PM 04-02-2019
Who are your favorite characters, lads?

in addition to Arya, I like Samwell and The Hound lol

eta: oh and the red-haired wildling leader and the big blonde gal
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:06 PM 04-02-2019
At first I didn't have a favorite character. All throughout season one I was legitimately just trying to keep track of the insane amount of characters.

As things started to shake out I really grew fond of Robb Stark. Then he got iced in a tragic way. I was in the midst of an epic binge fest when I got to the Red Wedding- literally had to take a break and go to the gym to cool off.

After a while I was able to find love again in Jon Snow, Jaime, and Oberyn.
[Reply]
Iconic 07:09 PM 04-02-2019
i always liked littlefinger right up until they made him die like a bitch. complete bullshit imo.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:09 PM 04-02-2019
Oberyn was just SUCH a fucking badass. He was legit in the capital, a thousand miles away from home, surrounded by enemy Lannisters and just didn't give a fuck. He was basically the only person in the show to G-check Tywin (another one of my favorite characters). I loved when he worked the Mountain out and tried to coax a confession out of him that Tywin gave the order for him to rape and kill his sister, niece, and nephew in front of the who's who of King's Landing.

Aside from the obvious plus of him still being alive, I'd really love to see how everything would have shaken out had he actually gotten that confession on the spot.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:10 PM 04-02-2019
I've always liked Arya and Tyrion the best.

Oh, and can one of the mods disable whatever is causing that goddamn annoying music to play?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:15 PM 04-02-2019
And Jaime. My sweet summer child Jaime.

He was a real fucking douche, but I think he's legit got the best redemption arc of any fictional character I've ever seen or read about. Right up there with Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Even in the earlier seasons before he 'turned' you can see the good behind that cocky Lannister bravado. When he was describing his first kill to Barriston and Robert, explaining Ned's brother and father's executions and especially the hot tub scene with Brienne. "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?". That's grade A shit right there.
[Reply]
otherstar 07:45 PM 04-02-2019
I like Brienne, Bronn, Tyrion, and Arya the most.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:16 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
And Jaime. My sweet summer child Jaime.

He was a real fucking douche, but I think he's legit got the best redemption arc of any fictional character I've ever seen or read about. Right up there with Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Even in the earlier seasons before he 'turned' you can see the good behind that cocky Lannister bravado. When he was describing his first kill to Barriston and Robert, explaining Ned's brother and father's executions and especially the hot tub scene with Brienne. "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?". That's grade A shit right there.
Yeah. The hot tub scene is one of the best scenes in the show.

I just wish his action scenes were better. He’s supposed to be this insane swordsman and he’s just really bad.

There are a lot of characters I like

I really enjoy most of the Hounds scenes. His arc is damned compelling television.

Jorahs arc is also really goddamned interesting especially in context with his dad, Ned, Dany et al.

Tyrion’s journey has been pretty good except they’ve nerfed his brain some since he got to Essos.

Tywin was a fucking machine until he got a bolt on the shitter.

Lorna was a really well done character. I laughed at her a lot.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:16 PM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by otherstar:
I like Brienne, Bronn, Tyrion, and Arya the most.
Ah yeah. My guy Bronn. He’s awesome.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 04:59 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
She did a phenomenal job of selling it. Hands shaking, tears welling up, I believed that she made a huge mistake and was in trouble.
The feel good part to me, the audience stayed quiet, no loud gasps, no laughter, no assholes, like everyone felt legit bad for Masie and not interested in a spoiler anymore
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:44 AM 04-03-2019
The scene where Tywin and Olenna met was incredible.

Pretty much any scene with Olenna was incredible. She didn't give a single f*** and didn't take shit from anybody. She ultimately met her end because of Tyrions mistakes on the field of battle. She went out like a G though.

As for Jaime's full douche to hero arc ending....I can't wait for him to come face to face with Bran Stark this season. That should be an interesting scene.

I'm sort of a nerd for this show so I have some weird little quirks like the fact that I keep track of where the known Valerian steel weapons are currently located. Not many saw it but in the trailer, Jorah is wearing Heartsbane (the Tarley family sword) on his hip. So Sam must give it to him.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:28 AM 04-03-2019
Can’t they make more Valerian steel with the dragons?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:54 AM 04-03-2019
1. Ramsay Bolton. Ruthless motherfucker that at times seemed completely insane, and at other times calculated and measured. Funny, a fighter, and arguably the most vicious antagonist in the story.

2. Oberyn. Cuz he was a cocky bad ass mothefucker.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:54 AM 04-03-2019
Aria and Tywin interacting was another highlight.
The Hound and Tormund talking about Brienne was gold.
Little Finger and Varys "chaos is a ladder" conversation.
[Reply]
Page 173 of 386
« First < 73123163169170171172173 174175176177183223273 > Last »
Up