ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 386
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:18 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There's a youtube channel discussing what they learned/relearned/remembered from rewatching each season. They started a couple weeks back, and will be done just in time for the premiere.

Only if you’re a pussy. :-)

My buddy convinced me to rewatch front to back. He OBVIOUSLY has more time than I do. I just started S7. Anyway, I’m glad I did. Hell all it’s done is snow the whole fucking winter so WTF right? Still a good watch all these years later.

In fact, some of the stuff I was fussy about earlier sat well after time. Like her time in Essos seemed like fuckery but fits better at its conclusion. Some of the decisions that were made make more sense and without time between work together better. And damn do I love the hound and all his shit talk.

Except them burning Shreen. I couldn’t fucking do that shit. Not again.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:30 PM 03-05-2019
This has been the greatest television show I have ever watched in my entire life. It's bittersweet that there are only 6 episodes left. I hope the spinoff can come close to how incredible GOT has been.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:32 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
This has been the greatest television show I have ever watched in my entire life. It's bittersweet that there are only 6 episodes left. I hope the spinoff can come close to how incredible GOT has been.
Have fun fighting the hordes of the Wire and Sopranos viewers.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:53 PM 03-05-2019
Two long lingering threads I'd like to see woven back in

Nymeria
Hot Springs under Winterfell.
Knowing the show runners they'll kill off both Direwolves in the Battle of Winterfell because they feel like it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:54 PM 03-05-2019
Two long lingering threads I'd like to see woven back in

Nymeria
Hot Springs under Winterfell.
I know it's going to be tough because there are only 6 episodes this season but the producers would be idiots to not bring Nymeria back for an interaction with Arya.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:08 PM 03-05-2019
I wonder what's got Arya so spooked..
[Reply]
DanBecky 04:09 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I know it's going to be tough because there are only 6 episodes this season but the producers would be idiots to not bring Nymeria back for an interaction with Arya.
I feel like that has to be a given. Last season, one of the most watched TV shows of all time. Go all in, spend the money you need to to make it epic. Nymeria and Ghost have to get some screen time tearing shit up in the battle for Winterfell.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:14 PM 03-05-2019
I haven't been paying that close of attention. Is GRR Martin at least consulting with them on how this finale goes?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:31 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I haven't been paying that close of attention. Is GRR Martin at least consulting with them on how this finale goes?
Do you even care at this point?

Dude lost control of his instrument a decade ago. And hell, even if you do care, I don't suspect he does. Once he decided it was more fun to antagonize his readers than empathize with them, I kinda quit on him.

I went from anxious to frustrated to pissed to downright ambivalent w/r/t to Martin. I'm pot committed so I'll read the rest of the series when someone finishes them on behalf of his estate, but I don't really care if he ever provides us 'his vision' at this point.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:34 PM 03-05-2019
Martin outlined the ending, as well as Shireen's ending, Hodor's ending, and one other "knife to the heart" in a meeting with D&D after Season 3.

In Season 4. It was revealed Martin and D&D clashed over Martin's script for "The Lion and the Rose" (Joffrey's wedding).

Among other issues, Martin's script was over 20 pages too long..
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:11 PM 03-05-2019
Gendry at the 0:58 mark has my boner at half-Mahomes.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:24 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Do you even care at this point?

Dude lost control of his instrument a decade ago. And hell, even if you do care, I don't suspect he does. Once he decided it was more fun to antagonize his readers than empathize with them, I kinda quit on him.

I went from anxious to frustrated to pissed to downright ambivalent w/r/t to Martin. I'm pot committed so I'll read the rest of the series when someone finishes them on behalf of his estate, but I don't really care if he ever provides us 'his vision' at this point.
A bit, yeah. The show just isn't the same after the point they're done adapting his content.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:30 PM 03-05-2019
A bit, yeah. The show just isn't the same after the point they're done adapting his content.
The plot got a little disjointed, for sure. But it also got a lot less ponderous.

Something had to give though...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:36 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The plot got a little disjointed, for sure. But it also got a lot less ponderous.

Something had to give though...
I consider that whole plotline about going up past the wall to get a wight to bring back to show Cersei how super duper scary the undead army is a bit worse than 'disjointed.' Not very well thought out and rife with plot armor and conveniences. Still super entertaining but you kind of had to turn your brain off.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:38 PM 03-05-2019
I wonder why Cersei had tears in her eyes...

...maybe everyone lost and she knows the walkers are advancing on her.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 386
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Up