ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 386
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:53 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He'll be bothered by the fact that he's been boning his aunt.

She'll be bothered by the fact that HE'S THE FUCKING KING.
She'll still be Queen.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:58 PM 08-28-2017
Why did they have Rheagar give both of his sons the same name?
[Reply]
Frazod 04:00 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
She'll still be Queen.
True, but only if he dies or she marries him. If she denies him it delegitimizes her claim to the throne completely.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:03 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Bran will walk again, won't he?!?!

Noooooooooooo
:-)
[Reply]
underEJ 04:04 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
He's tactically concerned about the need for a line of succession, whether named or sired, as discussed explicitly previously.

He's politically concerned about the optics of his putative pending queen cavorting with a bastard, blithe to matters of state/propriety [not so much news of this specific incident making rounds as future higher profile association and/or unexplained pregnancy].
Alot of this. Jon is always going to be Jon, telling the truth and shit, and Dany is seeing things more his way, for love or for her desire to be altruistic (I'm saving the north.) It is happening and Tyrion is working a long term plan that he thought they were both behind, that she has been behind up to this point. The bastard thing, even for a king in the north, will not be seen as a good match for her long term. He clearly does not know who Jon is.

Time will tell when Jon finds out how he handles it. There are going to be many complications from this relationship especially if she gets pregnant (IMO not if, corn king fertility, this has all been foreshadowed.) Huge amounts of foreshadowing to how he will accept it, advising Theon he is both Greyjoy and Stark, as well as being asked the question "Can't you ever just lie, even once?" He might have a different answer when he knows Ned found an important enough reason to lie.

I'm not inclined to believe Tyrion thinks he has betrayed Dany, but as Cersei says what would you call dealing with an enemy behind her back but a betrayal? In this case if he knows Cersei is lying and is letting Dany believe Lannister forces are coming, or if he is relying on Jaime to leave her and bring the army himself, he may very well cause them damage in the long run by holding out. He may have seen the wight, but he probably still thinks they have time and a wall to protect them and Dany believes Jon's urgency now.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:08 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
She'll still be Queen.
Would she be though?

If Jon is the heir this means that she can only, at best, be a princess... even through marriage. No?

(see Prince Phillip who is married to the Queen but doesn't hold the title of King)
[Reply]
vailpass 04:21 PM 08-28-2017

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:29 PM 08-28-2017
The problem I am having is Cercsi suddenly becoming competent. She is supposed to be a lot less apt than she thinks she is.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:44 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The problem I am having is Cercsi suddenly becoming competent. She is supposed to be a lot less apt than she thinks she is.
Maybe Cersei and Tyrion swapped IQs somehow.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:05 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
She really isn't.

Do you really think Tywin would have let Dany flounder around in Meereen in Season 5 if he had been alive? While Dany had zero control of her dragons would have been the perfect time to hire a faceless man to off her.

Instead Cersei was obsessed with a prettier queen taking Tommen away.

She's taking advantage of the WW threat now, but that doesn't mean she has a good plan. Her scheming got her army gutted this year, and now she's putting her faith in the hands of kinslayer Euron Greyjoy.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:44 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Would she be though?

If Jon is the heir this means that she can only, at best, be a princess... even through marriage. No?

(see Prince Phillip who is married to the Queen but doesn't hold the title of King)
Assuming the model is a standard monarchy, the wife of a king is always a referred to as queen (unless your wife is named Camilla) but the title becomes Queen Mother (if the marriage produced an heir) after the husband dies, because the royal succession deals with bloodlines. If Dany married Jon, and Jon died, if they had no children she would become the true queen as a matter of succession. If they had a child, however, that child would become queen or king, and she would be the queen mother.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:58 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Assuming the model is a standard monarchy, the wife of a king is always a referred to as queen (unless your wife is named Camilla) but the title becomes Queen Mother (if the marriage produced an heir) after the husband dies, because the royal succession deals with bloodlines. If Dany married Jon, and Jon died, if they had no children she would become the true queen as a matter of succession. If they had a child, however, that child would become queen or king, and she would be the queen mother.
I'm not 100% sure you are correct on this... that said, English titles of Nobility perplex the hell out of me.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...bsite/1700083/

Originally Posted by :
"It is intended that The Duchess will be known as HRH The Princess Consort when The Prince of Wales accedes to The Throne," is the bland answer to that question under the FAQ section of the website, which was just redesigned and launched last week.

---

That said... it would just be easier to call her Queen and be done with it for the sake of expediency.
[Reply]
Hawk 06:16 PM 08-28-2017
Ghost is alive, but he's at Winterfell and Jon hasn't been back there this season. He couldn't take Ghost north of the wall with them because it would have been way out of the way to go to Winterfell to get him when they got to the wall by sailing to Eastwatch and never went inland.

As for the end with Tyrion, if I'm being 100% honest, I think it was just purposely made to look suspicious byt the show producers in order to give people another thing to talk about and wonder about and debate until the next season starts. At the end of the day, there's NO WAY that Tyrion would make a deal with Cersei to betray Dany. If that's how it goes, I'll be super-pissed because that makes ZERO sense for Tyrion or for Cersei.

The one thing I really wanted to see this season that we didn't get was a Jon and Arya reunion.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:17 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I'm not 100% sure you are correct on this... that said, English titles of Nobility perplex the hell out of me.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...bsite/1700083/

---

That said... it would just be easier to call her Queen and be done with it for the sake of expediency.
Yeah, but they won't. That whole thing was a nasty bit of business. And while I don't know what sort of arrangements are in place, and assume she's past child-bearing age anyway, I don't think any children born between them could ever become queen/king.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:19 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Ghost is alive, but he's at Winterfell and Jon hasn't been back there this season. He couldn't take Ghost north of the wall with them because it would have been way out of the way to go to Winterfell to get him when they got to the wall by sailing to Eastwatch and never went inland.

As for the end with Tyrion, if I'm being 100% honest, I think it was just purposely made to look suspicious byt the show producers in order to give people another thing to talk about and wonder about and debate until the next season starts. At the end of the day, there's NO WAY that Tyrion would make a deal with Cersei to betray Dany. If that's how it goes, I'll be super-pissed because that makes ZERO sense for Tyrion or for Cersei.

The one thing I really wanted to see this season that we didn't get was a Jon and Arya reunion.
Yeah, I wanted to see that, too. I assume that's go down in first scene of the next episode - whenever the hell that is.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 386
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169219 > Last »
Up