ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 386
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
RustShack 04:44 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
I don't mind the quick pace this season. They've done enough slow, story development. Is it's time for several storylines to start getting some payoffs. But I understand why some don't like it.

The timeline plot holes don't bother me either. They're jumping around to keep the fast pace for this season.

I think the Nights king was about to target Drogon, when the other dragon started to come in on a fire path making route at the NK, then he targeted V. The whights and walkers are leaving the area, probably to get the chains, so again the timeline doesn't bother me, because I'm not seeing it as "real time". We're seeing the next important part of that story.

I didn't even mind the idea of going to get a whight to show Cerci, I just knew that Dani would lose a dragon from it too. Benjin - whatever. Jon shouldn't have fallen into the water anyway. Dani should've just been part of the team to get the whight all along, could still lose the dragon, get the whight and learn how badass Jon can be in another way.

I'm most disappointed with Bran not saying more, whatever is going on with Arya (I hope she was sloppy following LF and is actually setting a trap for him).
You mean you understand why the Night King targeted the dragon killing his troops instead of the one sitting there? Weird
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:46 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
So the Whitewalkers are less than 12 hours from the wall? 7-8 guys can fed off thousands of them bum-rushing?....didn't lend itself to making them seem like a very imposing enemy.
Yeah, having the big bad one shot a dragon with an ice javelin wasn't imposing at all, amirite?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:31 AM 08-23-2017
Dani should've just been part of the team to get the whight all along, could still lose the dragon, get the whight and learn how badass Jon can be in another way.
I think D&D are trying to show us that she is too impulsive to be the winner of the GOT. There has been several scenes and conversations about her impulsiveness. Her wanting her crown, bend the knee etc.

Now Gilly has found the document to legitimize Jon as the first in line for the throne and D&D consistently showing Jon making decisions in the interests of the people and not for power seems to be foreshadowing his eventual crowning.
I'm most disappointed with Bran not saying more, whatever is going on with Arya (I hope she was sloppy following LF and is actually setting a trap for him).
They have not shown on the TV show that Bran can see the future but its a good assumption. If so, he knows how this all turns out and the events that unfold to get there. Assuming he wants the NK and Cersi defeated, he has to be happy with the path so far. Its the only explanation as to why he hasn't spoke up about what he knows. Afraid to change events that are leading down the path to that goal.
[Reply]
notorious 06:52 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:25 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think D&D are trying to show us that she is too impulsive to be the winner of the GOT. There has been several scenes and conversations about her impulsiveness. Her wanting her crown, bend the knee etc.

Now Gilly has found the document to legitimize Jon as the first in line for the throne and D&D consistently showing Jon making decisions in the interests of the people and not for power seems to be foreshadowing his eventual crowning.
They have not shown on the TV show that Bran can see the future but its a good assumption. If so, he knows how this all turns out and the events that unfold to get there. Assuming he wants the NK and Cersi defeated, he has to be happy with the path so far. Its the only explanation as to why he hasn't spoke up about what he knows. Afraid to change events that are leading down the path to that goal.
Good thoughts BRC.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:49 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
You mean you understand why the Night King targeted the dragon killing his troops instead of the one sitting there? Weird

Drogon was breathing flames over the battlefield while the guys were hopping on his back.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:39 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by smith11:
dragons breath fire so they probably have an elevated body temp, keeping dany nice and toasty
Isn't she like, "the unburnt." I would think she's just nice and toasty at all times.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:14 PM 08-23-2017
I feel like seeing anything anywhere anytime isn't that useless of a power.
Then. Why. The fuck! Isn't. He. Using it!!!!????
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:18 PM 08-23-2017
I still think viserion (sp?) was making a pass toward the NK
[Reply]
vailpass 12:21 PM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:00 PM 08-23-2017
Jesus, the whining in this thread.

Save us, Michael Bolton.

[Reply]
Buehler445 01:14 PM 08-23-2017
I think some of the John Snow plot armor is intentional.

In the Battle of the Bastards they went out of their way to show supernatural interference (See him ducking down and arrows landing in a circle all around him), so I think some of that still plays.

Plus Beric was beating you over the head with it. "The Red God didn't bring us back to freeze to death". I think anyone that survives has a role to play. That's my take on the plot armor bit.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Jesus, the whining in this thread.

Save us, Michael Bolton.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 PM 08-23-2017
Cersei's here to fuck your shit up.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:44 PM 08-23-2017

Fucking Michael Bolton.

Reinvent yourself as Weird Al, fam.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 09:37 AM 08-24-2017
Kinda glad I've stayed out of this thread all season til now. Some people just can't enjoy anything. I like the faster pace, because quite frankly I don't give a shit about how long it takes to get from Dragonstone to Eastwatch, but I do care about watching dragons fuck shit up. We're "losing daylight" with the shorter seasons, so the little details are going to get left out.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 386
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115155205 > Last »
Up