ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 AM 05-16-2017

[Reply]
aturnis 09:07 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I’ve chosen to “unplug” from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I actually feel a tangible difference since doing so, as I’m no longer constantly bombarded with opinions that I didn’t request.

And yet CP has decided to go Upvote/Downvote.

Irony at its finest.
FB is a major immoral social engineering experiment.

Just getting rid of it was good enough for me. Don't have that problem with Twitter or Instagram.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
aturnis 09:09 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I loved the Dr's...

Spoiler!
Don't forget the guy in the woods she took blood from.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:04 PM 11-03-2017
I hated that episode. Why did we have to watch whiny kids fighting? Kids don't change? They could have showed that in a couple of minutes.
[Reply]
007 10:16 PM 11-03-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I hated that episode. Why did we have to watch whiny kids fighting? Kids don't change? They could have showed that in a couple of minutes.
They did. Several times in a row. :-)
[Reply]
temper11 12:01 AM 11-04-2017
I've thought about giving the show a try, but am tired of Hollywood jamming their agenda down my throat - and I've heard this show does some of that. Does CP agree?
[Reply]
007 01:24 AM 11-04-2017
Originally Posted by temper11:
I've thought about giving the show a try, but am tired of Hollywood jamming their agenda down my throat - and I've heard this show does some of that. Does CP agree?
I wouldn't say they are "jamming" it but they are pushing it. They addressed same sex relationships in a rather unique way though.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 12:13 PM 11-04-2017
There was one episode that was a tad anti-religious (the society entirely contained in a spaceship), but again, nothing compared to TNG where they outright express the danger of allowing religion to take hold on a planet. It seems like the writers are consciously avoiding being preachy so far.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 PM 11-04-2017
It's really no different than the original Star Trek series, where they addressed racial, political and religious issues nearly every week.

Star Trek has always been a "morality tale", which is why the Abrams produced movies and even Enterprise have missed the mark.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 10:49 PM 11-05-2017
Tried watching this. Couldn't finish the first episode with the mom and two kids crash landing with the robot. Completely unwatchable.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 01:51 PM 11-06-2017
You picked a weak episode to start with.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:40 PM 11-07-2017
It wasn't great and it wasn't terrible. The Doctor was a bit hypocritical in her actions. Stab the guy that basically saved her and then shoot him. Really? Maybe use something in the medical bag to incapacitate him and then escape?

Very predictable and would the Captain really risk the entire ship and crew to go through a rift which could result in them being destroyed for two crew members and two badly behaved children?

At least they are trying to keep the episodes diverse and not be Kirk/Spock/McCoy each week. Not that it was a bad thing.

And thankfully, NO WHESLEY!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:41 AM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
And thankfully, NO WHESLEY!!!!!!!!!
First rule of any good entertainment, no whiney kids!
[Reply]
Frazod 10:19 AM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
First rule of any good entertainment, no whiney kids!
At least Wesley was well behaved. Those little fuckers needed beaten in the worst way.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:48 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
At least Wesley was well behaved. Those little ****ers needed beaten in the worst way.
Well, they didn't have a father to keep them in line...
[Reply]
Frazod 12:54 PM 11-11-2017
The last episode was hilarious. More than a little disturbing, but also hilarious. Interesting take on the Ilia character from the first Star Trek movie.

I either didn't notice the credits or it wasn't there, but almost immediately I realized the blue alien was played by Rob Lowe. Great casting choice. :-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 22
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up