ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Baker Mayfield fined $12,500 for criticizing officials
DaFace 03:09 PM 10-19-2019
I really hate this rule.

#Browns QB Baker Mayfield predicted he would be fined for criticizing the officiating after the loss to the #Seahawks. He was right https://t.co/RPl6penV7v

— Nate Ulrich (@ByNateUlrich) October 19, 2019

[Reply]
PHOG 07:25 PM 10-19-2019
Maybe the refs should be fined
[Reply]
jdubya 07:33 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Maybe the refs should be fined

Not only fined but publicly shown their mistake for all to see
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:36 PM 10-19-2019
It's ridiculous what the league is doing. The refs are there to make sure that the player's are playing by the rules. But the refs are failing miserably at their job with no consequences. If the league isn't going to do something then they should expect to hear criticism. If I do poorly at my job, I get criticized. If an NFL player or coach does their job poorly, they get benched or even fired and they get criticized constantly. But if an NFL ref does their job poorly, nothing can be said? And if you do say something, then you get fined? Bullshit!! I think that all of the player's making $1 million per game or more on every single team should speak out every week. A $12,500 fine is a drop in the bucket when you're making $1million plus per game. Just give a big FU to the league and go on. Those player's wouldn't miss it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:57 PM 10-19-2019
officiating accountability will be part of the CBA 2020 negotiations
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:01 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Better stop watching games then.

That's the true way to get your voice heard.... Ratings when down 6% when the whole kneeling thing started, and now the guy who started it can't even get a workout.

Wanna hurt the NFL and make them change things? Stop watching.
The guy who started the whole kneeling thing also turned down 2 contracts because he thinks he should be getting starter moneyeven though he sucked.
[Reply]
Supmarkus 12:08 AM 10-20-2019
In the eyes of the league they probably are ‘doing their job’ of keeping games close/protecting their cash cows (Brady), which is why the league don’t allow them to take accountability (I hate it, I’m just calling it like I see it).

It’ll go in the CBA negotiation but then do the league just say ‘we believe the call was correct’ and it carries on?

Only upside is we have the new face of the NFL. Interestingly the other day NFLUK tweeted their jersey sales and Patrick is the top selling jersey here above Brady.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:18 AM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
officiating accountability will be part of the CBA 2020 negotiations
:-)

No it wont...they have that rating$-generating $hit locked down harder than a North Korea PR tour.

Coaches, GMs and players are restricted from saying anything...and even the officials have to sign a gag order before being allowed to call games.

That sure is a lot of internal protection for something as innocent as calling fouls.
[Reply]
Master Chief 01:13 AM 10-20-2019
The officiating seems to be a problem every season, but it really has been sh** this season in particular. Like really, really bad. Almost every game I watch.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:49 AM 10-20-2019
Maybe don’t put the refs on tv when they mKe the call. They probably just love being front and center on tv during the game. Probably view themselves S some sort of key part of the game, or celebrity.

At this point with all the technology, do we really need to fucking huddle up each time there’s a penalty And have a long drawn out conference on a penalty.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up