ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Defense is better without Jones?
JakeF 02:06 PM 10-19-2019
Denver's offensive line is weak so all of this is wait and see but we definitely seem to have a more structured Defense without Jones. Jones' talent is undeniable but his play has a serious flaw. He abandons the run to attack the QB.

With Jones gone, we have 2 bigger guys in the middle who play the run 1st. They also protect our linebackers who are freed up to read and attack. With the center of our defense now anchored, the outside guys (clark,ogbah, okafor) can be more aggressive. It also keeps the middle of the field clear for our safeties.

That's what seemed to change for our defense against Denver.

Hitchens played his best game and Ragland showed up like he never has before. Frank Clark was better and Matheiu was more aggressive.

Having DT's that protect your LBs is so important. I would rather have Clark,Okafor and Ogbah getting sacks than Jones.

I think Hitchens and Ragland can even start getting some sacks without guards in their face on every play.

:-)
[Reply]
crispystl 02:00 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's always been the fucking linebackers. Always. Like ive said many times before it's no coincidence the run D went to shit when DJ was released.

Anthony Hitchens can't run with Aaron Rodgers...i mean c'mon.
Yup they're the only constant. We've changed every fucking other thing. It's them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up