ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Trying to find any silver lining
treeguy27 08:27 AM 10-19-2019
Just grasping at straws here to find any small positive from Mahomes' time off.

Any pressure that was on Mahomes to repeat as MVP and back up his stats from last year has been removed now. I honestly doubt that he was worried about it anyway, but now he can just go out and play loose and win games. The only stats to worry about now are the wins and losses. Again, I don't think Mahomes was concerned about it anyway but it would only be natural to want to validate last years performance.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:48 PM 10-19-2019
Yeah I think there's something to be said for rediscovering the short passing game that teams are basically giving us with Mahomes but Reid refuses to take for some reason.

Also the defense knows they now have to be part of the win and not just not screw up too badly. Let's see if they play as inspired vs. non-Flacco.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:52 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
As long as Andy doesn't Andy.

This guy is FULLY capable once Mahomes is back, of tossing the balanced playbook onto the fire. Its literally going to be killing Reid to have to call some handoffs. HANDOFFS. Not RPOs, full on "The running back is rushing the football 100% on this play" handoffs.

Andy's passing attack is like crack to him. I can see the mindset turn the moment 15 steps on that field.

"Patrick's back now, glad this 50/50 run pass bullshit can **** right off now, and I can get back to 80% passes."

Bieniemy needs to be in his ear constantly, trying to keep Andy in check on the balance, otherwise we just go back to square one, "Put it all on 15 and we're good". Hey O line, we arent even gonna try to make em think about the run. They're pinning their ears back and rushing with abandon every down.

Dont get him killed. Good luck.

Andy Reid is arguably the most double edged sword in coaching history.
Surely you jest. I'm told that Andy Reid is the greatest animate object to ever put a whistle around its neck.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:58 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Surely you jest. I'm told that Andy Reid is the greatest animate object to ever put a whistle around its neck.
You'll miss him when he's gone. I guarantee you.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:01 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah I think there's something to be said for rediscovering the short passing game that teams are basically giving us with Mahomes but Reid refuses to take for some reason.
What are you even watching?

Mahomes was Captain Checkdown the last two weeks.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:04 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You'll miss him when he's gone. I guarantee you.
Only if he develops a habit of winning Super Bowls.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:05 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
What are you even watching?

Mahomes was Captain Checkdown the last two weeks.
That’s what he was doing vs Denver before the injury....

10/11 for 76 yards or something...
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:05 PM 10-19-2019
He has his faults and sometimes they glare, but you guys are being too much like your av... an angry, bullheaded, reactionary Scot

Reid has his foibles, but he is the perfect Yoda for Patrick Skywalker... we’re not even halfway through this thing

Take a deep breath and relax, he’s our best guy since Stram
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:14 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He has his faults and sometimes they glare, but you guys are being too much like your av... an angry, bullheaded, reactionary Scot

Reid has his foibles, but he is the perfect Yoda for Patrick Skywalker... we’re not even halfway through this thing

Take a deep breath and relax, he’s our best guy since Stram
He's accomplished everything except the most important thing, and he has the best tool he will EVER have to get that job done with.
But, the clock is ticking and if he can't get it done with Mahomes in the next two or three seasons, then it's time to put the 'Help Wanted' sign up at One Arrowhead Drive.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:27 PM 10-19-2019
He's accomplished everything except the most important thing, and he has the best tool he will EVER have to get that job done with.
That’s exactly why I’m not veering off course, it’s not if but when with this pair
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:35 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That’s exactly why I’m not veering off course, it’s not if but when with this pair
As I said, "when" has an expiration date because I'll be damned if I'm giving Andy Reid the Carl Petersen employment program and free reign to waste the career of the greatest young QB in the league.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:02 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That’s what he was doing vs Denver before the injury....

10/11 for 76 yards or something...
The opening of the Denver game is the first time I thought they were actually trying to focus on the short game.

I didn't see it very much in the Colts or Texans games when it seemed like we should have been doing it because a) Mahomes had no time and b) they were covering the deep stuff.

It was frustrating watching the Colts and Texans complete slant after slant and we didn't even seem to have it in our playbook.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:04 PM 10-19-2019
Chiefs have been starting games with dink-and-dunk type offense for about three games now.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:05 PM 10-19-2019
Well we didn't seem to have it late in any of them - after the 25 scripted plays - when we really needed some first downs.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up