ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Media Center>Black Mirror?
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 01-12-2018
I haven't watched all of the episodes, but from what I have seen it's been great.

Watched White Christmas last night... and it's a doozy, but I highly recommend people give it a shot and since Black Mirror is an anthology series, you don't have to watch the previous season (though I think there are very minor background linkages among the episodes as things progress.) For the episode itself, you're in for a treat if you're a fan of a certain series lead from a certain period drama from AMC.

I skipped around San Junipero from Season 3 after seeing Redditors rave about the episode and because of Mackenzie Davis. Great concept for a story and definitely worth viewing.

I talked about USS Callister from Season 4 in the Star Trek thread and again I say that it's worth a watch. I was sold once I saw Cristin Milioti and Jimmi Simpson in the cast.. but Jesse Plemons fucking knocked the episode out of the park.

Hang the DJ... oh man. Maybe it's because of my age and the thematic matter of the episode, but fuck that's a definite must recommend from my end.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:53 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
To me it's the closest thing to a spiritual successor to the Twilight Zone.
Twighlight Zone
Tales From the Darkside
Black Mirror
[Reply]
listopencil 12:00 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Gotta power through it. Payoff is pretty good and changes how you’re looking at the first half.

It’s a little cheekier than the typical black mirror episode. Not one of the top 5 episodes but pretty compelling
I've got nothing going on this morning so I'll see if I can finish it.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:35 PM 06-22-2023
Gotta power through it. Payoff is pretty good and changes how you’re looking at the first half.

It’s a little cheekier than the typical black mirror episode. Not one of the top 5 episodes but pretty compelling
OK. The second half did pick up and I enjoyed it well enough. Also I will now refer to the troublesome desktop at work as the com-puta.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:56 PM 06-22-2023
Just watched my very first episode of this last night after seeing y'all compare it to twilight zone/outer limits etc.

Man fucking pig.....yeah. Wasn't expecting that. Not exactly what i had in mind.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:59 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by NewChief:
:-)

A few posts later I also recommended that people NOT start with that episode. It’s the consensus among fans of the show to recommend newbies start somewhere other than S1E1. It’s a shame that they don’t just reorder the show because a lot of people really dislike the first episode.
Yeah, guess maybe i shoulda read the thread instead of only the last few posts.

Because that was definitely man fucking pig.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:05 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Yeah, the first episode was pretty disturbing. They can be rather uneven; I did enjoy the Star Trek based one. It's a lot later in the series.
[Reply]
notorious 06-22-2023, 05:44 PM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
DJJasonp 08:20 PM 06-22-2023

I tell everyone to NOT start with that episode. Smooth sailing the rest of the way.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:09 AM 06-23-2023
Just watched my very first episode of this last night after seeing y'all compare it to twilight zone/outer limits etc.

Man fucking pig.....yeah. Wasn't expecting that. Not exactly what i had in mind.
Go watch White Christmas. Then you’ll get it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:27 AM 06-28-2023
Can’t even begin to tell you how many people I’ve heard stopped watching black mirror because of the pig episode. Netflix needs to resort their season 1 so this doesn’t pop up first.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:55 PM 06-28-2023
Can’t even begin to tell you how many people I’ve heard stopped watching black mirror because of the pig episode. Netflix needs to resort their season 1 so this doesn’t pop up first.
It's not like they actually show anything; more like the old days where they let your imagination do the work of the special effects team.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:09 AM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Go watch White Christmas. Then you’ll get it.
This is the episode to start with.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:31 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
It's not like they actually show anything; more like the old days where they let your imagination do the work of the special effects team.
I get that. I’ve known several people who still couldn’t get past that episode purely for that reason. Just the thought of it was too much. I think they would’ve tolerated it if they started with a different episode first
[Reply]
Iconic 06:13 AM 07-04-2023

Man ****ing pig.....yeah. Wasn't expecting that. Not exactly what i had in mind.
Hang the DJ and The Entire History of You. Probably somewhere in my top 10 of BM episodes.

On another note, season six was ****ing terrible. Made us wait that long for a steaming pile of mediocrity. There really is not jack shit in good TV anymore outside of Severance and House of Dragons with Netflix pretty much phoning in the past BM season.
[Reply]
kay_may 09:08 AM 07-07-2023
Previous season was much better
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up