ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
Garcia Bronco 11:38 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Are you completely blind, or just a stupid Bronco fan?

Even Tony Dungy says it's a penalty - watch the video here, where the defender drags Kelce to the ground BEFORE the pass is thrown :

https://twitter.com/i/status/1183536058144841732

Dumbass.
I don't give a shit what Dungy says. He's not an expert in physics. Further...holding was not the call. You can't commit PI when the ball is no where near anymore that can catch it. Of course none of you seem to acknowledge the holding/tackle by the Chief left tackle.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:25 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I don't give a shit what Dungy says. He's not an expert in physics. Further...holding was not the call. You can't commit PI when the ball is no where near anymore that can catch it. Of course none of you seem to acknowledge the holding/tackle by the Chief left tackle.
You are wrong. And here come the whataboutism.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:25 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Oh and you are an expert in physics? Please educate us on exactly what happened here using your vast knowledge in physics. Let’s hear how many joules of energy it took to initiate that push? The momentum of the football at release?

We’re waiting.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:12 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
Thanks, I see what you mean, now.

I just took a glance through the rule book. "Challenges" have to do with the review of plays be Instant Replay. In theory, this "pass interference" call could have been overturned by a coach's challenge, but Houston didn't challenge it.

Instead, the officials initiated their own discussion and corrected the call. The officials did not on their own accord. You are asking, then, the very reasonable question, why couldn't they have just called it illegal contact then? I believe the answer to that is that they could have in fact done so.

I suppose that the reason why they didn't do so is that the officials didn't think it was illegal contact at the time the play was going on and they didn't change their mind about it during the post-play huddle(s). I would guess that in the spur of the moment, that of the officials who saw the play, the main thing they had in their mind after the "pass interference" call was announced what "No way was that pass interference!". But, had an official also thought, "but it was illegal contact", then they could have called it that.

So I was wrong earlier in saying that the officials couldn't have overturned the call. They couldn't have used replay review to do so, but I think they could have if they wanted to, on their own accord. However, just thinking about the human factors in play, I don't think the officials at the time were thinking that there was as big of a need to correct the "non-call" of illegal contact as there was a big need to correct the egregious call of pass interference.
Did you watch the video?
Originally Posted by wazu:

It was initiated by someone speaking into Hochuli's earpiece. They did NOT initiate their own discussion.

WATCH THE VIDEO.

They called it DPI, marked off the penalty, set the ball for play, wound the fucking play clock and were ready to move ahead with the next play.

WATCH THE VIDEO.
[Reply]
DanT 07:26 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Did you watch the video?

It was initiated by someone speaking into Hochuli's earpiece. They did NOT initiate their own discussion.

WATCH THE VIDEO.

They called it DPI, marked off the penalty, set the ball for play, wound the fucking play clock and were ready to move ahead with the next play.

WATCH THE VIDEO.
Thanks for the link, rabblerouser. I see that the officials are in a huddle at around 1:03 of that video link and that one of the officials pushes the earpiece into his left ear about 10 seconds later. I do not see anything in that video that suggests that anyone other than the officials themselves initiated a discussion among themselves after the referee had announced to the crowd the egregiously incorrect pass interference call about 10 to 15 seconds earlier. It's possible that there are other camera angles that show what transpired among the officials between the time the call was announced to the crowd and when the officials huddled together, but with this video, I don't see anything that would make me think someone other than the on-field officials wanted to discuss whether they should correct the announced penalty.
[Reply]
Shag 07:29 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
Thanks for the link, rabblerouser. I see that the officials are in a huddle at around 1:03 of that video link and that one of the officials pushes the earpiece into his left ear about 10 seconds later. I do not see anything in that video that suggests that anyone other than the officials themselves initiated a discussion among themselves after the referee had announced to the crowd the egregiously incorrect pass interference call about 10 to 15 seconds earlier. It's possible that there are other camera angles that show what transpired among the officials between the time the call was announced to the crowd and when the officials huddled together, but with this video, I don't see anything that would make me think someone other than the on-field officials wanted to discuss whether they should correct the announced penalty.
:-) :-)

Pretty sure DanT is a bot, at this point...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:31 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Shag:
:-) :-)

Pretty sure DanT is a bot, at this point...
:-)
:-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:16 AM 10-14-2019
It was a blatant rape job. Didn’t even get the courtesy of a reach around first.
[Reply]
notorious 11:17 AM 10-14-2019
Rigged as it always has been.

Blowout was about to happen and somebody intervened.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:18 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Rigged as it always has been.

Blowout was about to happen and somebody intervened.
You know it.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:38 AM 10-14-2019
The whole game was fishy. We got boned. It reminded me of the Steelers game last season where they did everything they could to keep the game from being a blowout.

Whether you think we got hosed or not, the officiating in the league SUCKS so bad now. The games just aren't as enjoyable to watch. Every damn play the players look around for a flag. I can't enjoy good plays anymore because I'm looking for a flag. Nobody wants to see the Sean Hochuli Show on Sundays. Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:10 PM 10-14-2019
It's clear from the officials' ruling that the defender was not touching Kelce prior to the ball being thrown, and then he immediately jumped onto Kelce and grabbed him to ... throw him off of his downfield blocking assignment?
[Reply]
philfree 12:28 PM 10-14-2019
Illegal Contact
[Reply]
Dayze 12:30 PM 10-14-2019
let's bring in our rules expert to explain what you just witnessed as a viewer, isn't a penalty.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:17 PM 10-14-2019
It's over, it's done. We have to move on. Like the Saints getting jobbed last year, no one is going to change anything. There might be an "I'm sorry we messed up that call" from the league office. Clark Hunt will just get that along with his check for being a good boy and not making any waves.

Move along, nothing to see here!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up