ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3079 of 3903
« First < 2079257929793029306930753076307730783079 30803081308230833089312931793579 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Coach 06:50 PM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Joe now to push for a national mask mandate. Will be pressuring Governors and Mayor's to comply
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Joe still won’t be President for a couple months so he can shove mask mandate up his ass.
Wrong thread fellas. Take it to DC.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:03 PM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Wrong thread fellas. Take it to DC.
What He Said Regina Hall GIF from Whathesaid GIFs

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:56 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by :
A front-runner coronavirus vaccine developed by drug giant Pfizer and German biotechnology firm BioNTech was more than 90 percent effective at protecting people compared with a placebo saline shot, according to an interim analysis by an independent data monitoring committee that met Sunday.
!! whoa, I thought I'd read the best we should be expecting was 60% or so. I think BioNTech has 3 or 4 vaccines in testing
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 AM 11-09-2020
Yeah was coming to post that. Good news. I’ll still hold out to see the official data but that’s early good news

Figure we’ll have vaccinations up and going rather quickly
[Reply]
LTL 07:43 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
This is article is personal for me and this nurse quoted in this article works with my daughter. My daughter is struggling with PTSD from the first wave with all the death she had to deal with but is doing it all again and is preparing for the worst that is starting.

I know alot of people have covid fatigue and see these death numbers and have become numb to it. So I think it is time for the media to embed with hospitals and show what it is like to suffer and die with covid much like what they do when we go to war. I think people would instantly change their behavior.

Anyway, keep all of our front line health care workers in your thoughts as they are going to need major mental health care once this is all done with.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...ainstage_card3
I'm at a smaller hospital but still see the same things. I know the vast majority that get it survive and go on froma national and global scale. I primarily work in ICU and when you are at that end of the spectrum their is a hopelessness that once a person gets to a certain point their is no turn around. You can see it in some of the nurses faces the anxiety and stress they are dealing with then add in that in some cases we take care the patients are there for a few weeks so we get to know them at a personal level as well as their family so when then inevitable sometimes does happen it takes it toll emotionally cause the cycle happens all over again for the next one which for some they don't see an end in sight and in the next few months it's only going to get worse.

I know at some point this will end but sometimes it's hard to see.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:48 AM 11-09-2020
Pzizer vaccine. Good news.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...infection.html
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:03 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by LTL:
I'm at a smaller hospital but still see the same things. I know the vast majority that get it survive and go on froma national and global scale. I primarily work in ICU and when you are at that end of the spectrum their is a hopelessness that once a person gets to a certain point their is no turn around. You can see it in some of the nurses faces the anxiety and stress they are dealing with then add in that in some cases we take care the patients are there for a few weeks so we get to know them at a personal level as well as their family so when then inevitable sometimes does happen it takes it toll emotionally cause the cycle happens all over again for the next one which for some they don't see an end in sight and in the next few months it's only going to get worse.

Take care of yourself mentally the best you can. The added stress of being the only person around when they die takes a toll I am sure. In the case of my daughter, who is also an ICU nurse and on the Covid unit, there was one young patient that she took care of about 6 weeks that died of Covid and I think it broke her spirit.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:08 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
!! whoa, I thought I'd read the best we should be expecting was 60% or so. I think BioNTech has 3 or 4 vaccines in testing
I would call it cautiously optimistic good news because this is another press release like we have had with others products so we have to see the data.

I do like though that this is a mRNA vaccine so hopefully Moderna is equally good or better because IIRC it is only a 1 shot dose instead of 2.

Since it appears we are going to have multiple vaccines hopefully we get a choice because I want one of the mRNA's I think.

I would add though that it is looking like 2022 will be the first "normal" year because it will take probably until middle of next year or maybe later to get alot of people vaccinated. But there is light ahead.
[Reply]
tooge 09:09 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Dr. Scott Gottlieb says actual number of new daily U.S. Covid cases is 'at least half a million'

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/06/...mpression=true
Help me out here. So, if this is true, and there really are 5 times more cases out there then we are diagnosing, then wouldn't herd immunity be not too far away? I mean if there are roughly 10 million cases in the US ( would be an actual number of 50 million by this average), and we are adding 500K per day, and we need to get to 60 percent or so of 300 million, then we are out of this thing then wouldn't it be all over in about a year anyhow?
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
Help me out here. So, if this is true, and there really are 5 times more cases out there then we are diagnosing, then wouldn't herd immunity be not too far away? I mean if there are roughly 10 million cases in the US ( would be an actual number of 50 million by this average), and we are adding 500K per day, and we need to get to 60 percent or so of 300 million, then we are out of this thing then wouldn't it be all over in about a year anyhow?
I'm guessing we've had somewhere close to 100 million infections already at this point.

If we're catching 1 in 10 early like they thought.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:19 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by LTL:

Just wanted to thank you for what you do.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 11-09-2020
Most of the other vaccines are targeting the same thing on Sars Cov 2 as this one, so this is great news.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:47 AM 11-09-2020
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...es-2020-11-08/

Very informative segment from 60 Minutes last night with the guy in charge of logistics of distributing vaccine in the US. He seems competent.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:55 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-1...es-2020-11-08/

Very informative segment from 60 Minutes last night with the guy in charge of logistics of distributing vaccine in the US. He seems competent.
Operation Warpspeed seems competent...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:04 AM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by tooge:
There is no consensus on where herd immunity is for this. Some say it has to be 60-70% and I have seen others that think it starts to kick in between 20-30% seroprevalence.
[Reply]
Page 3079 of 3903
« First < 2079257929793029306930753076307730783079 30803081308230833089312931793579 > Last »
Up